The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

The ref gave the advantage to Gomes to keep the game flowing and Spurs were in a good position to get a quick break on which was the right decision. I'd expect every ref to ask the keeper simply to play on and keep the game going without a free-kick being taken. Gomes then f***s up by dropping the ball in front of him and appearing to take a free-kick, he should have just got rid of it. The ref f***s up by just allowing it to happen an not bringing it back once Nani puts it in the net. Common sense says that it shouldn't, in the spirit of the game, be allowed to stand. He then has another chance to speak to his linesman to get it right and fails to get it right again.

Both Clattenburg and Gomes are at fault. I can see why it was allowed but it's not the right way to go about things.

No he didn't. He shrugged his shoulders. Since when has a shrug of the shoulders been the sign for play on? play on is when the ref puts both arms out infornt and Clattenburg never did that once. The ref has to give a clear indication/sign that he's waving play on so the player understands fully. A shrug of the shoulders is not play on.

Why was Gomes trying to take the "kick" 10 yards further upfield than the incident? If he put the ball down where the handball was and Nani had nipped in I think the ref would have been more inclined to have pulled the game back, but when he came tear arsing out before putting the ball down, he had what was coming imo.

Apparently at the end of the Liverpool game, 10 players went to their fans to applaud their support, Torres fucking off straight down the tunnel.

Did anyone else see him totally bottle a challenge with the keeper, after he'd been out through? He looks so disinterested.

Draw tonight would be good.

Noticed that just about a querter of the season in, unless Blackpool get gang raped tonight then non of the newly promoted teams will be in the relegation places. I'll be happy with the same stat come the end of the season.