The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

I've had quite a busy afternoon / evening.

Start off, gangs of idiots looking for it around the city centre pretty much all afternoon, the walk up the hill through Digbeth and to the ground was like the road to Bagdhad.

Cups of piss, coins and f*** knows what thrown at us from the sides and above, constantly - and I mean constantly - during the match. I travelled away an awful lot in the 1980s when things were hairy all the time, but I can't remember being subjected to a stream of abuse and barrage of coins like that before.

Flares - flares for f*** sake - thrown into the crowd after the final whistle.

A few of our idiots decide to reciprocate by throwing seats back at them.

Out of the ground and into the area directly behind the away end, the coppers decide that, actually, they might start holding us back after all, and while they do so there is absolutely all sorts getting lobbed over at us. At which point the coppers change their mind again and let us out. Cue it kicking off pretty much immediately.

I know it's like their f***ing cup final, I know it's payback for our good luck with late winners in the past, I know the second half didn't suggest it was going to happen, so they were all overexcited, but honestly, what a bunch of f***ing idiots.

I've also just got back from this game, sat in the same stand as the Villa fans but in the home section in the corner. Frankly, west midlands police were appauling.

At half time, both sets of fans were trying to smash the metal barrier down and some villa fans managed to get into the Birmingham section and it all kicked off.

No police or stewards were in the concourse whatsoever, and yet the away fans manage to just bash down the door.

Flares and chairs being thrown by both sets of fans at FT.

Random bloke stopped and shouted at me "fucking bluenose scum" on the way, looking for a fight.

Not a single policeman outside after the game where I was. All it would've taken was for 1 villa fan without a ticket to say the wrong thing and it would've been a massacre.

All in all, shocking display from the police and the hooligan element from both sets of supporters.

I live halfway between the 2 grounds, and all the pubs by the Aston university campus dont even open on derby day because they got smashed up last time.

Farce.

There is always trouble when we go there, but never when they come to us.

I think part of it is that they all arrive by coach, but there is no doubt that the police attitude at St Andrews seems really, really lax. You're right, there was a very low key police presence before the match. It's not like you needed to be Nostradamus to predict that a 7.45 weekday kick off in a high profile match was going to involve trouble.

You're not a fan of either, are you? I wouldn't have the balls to go into a derby like that without an affinity to one of them. Just wouldn't risk it to watch a game as a neutral.

EDIT: Chris that is, obviously!

You're not a fan of either, are you? I wouldn't have the balls to go into a derby like that without an affinity to one of them. Just wouldn't risk it to watch a game as a neutral.

Nah, you're better off that way. `Being able to effect a disattachment from both sides is an advantage. If it is real, doubly so.

There is always trouble when we go there, but never when they come to us.

I think part of it is that they all arrive by coach, but there is no doubt that the police attitude at St Andrews seems really, really lax. You're right, there was a very low key police presence before the match. It's not like you needed to be Nostradamus to predict that a 7.45 weekday kick off in a high profile match was going to involve trouble.

I saw loads of police with dogs and riot gear before the match. After the match, they were all inside the stadium and where I was, there wasn't a single one outside. Anyway, don't expect that one to be played on a weekday again!

EDIT: Chris that is, obviously!

Nah I'm a toon fan, just love going to see the spicy games really! I went to see Fenerbahce v Besiktas, and there was barely any violence there. Whereas here, it all kicks off! Was a great atmosphere, but yes if I hadn't have been cheering for Birmingham in the home end I reckon I'd have been hung drawn and quartered.

Lech advance out of their group at the cost of Juventus, well played. Still kinda funny that they are doing so well in Europe but absolutely terribly at home where the last year´s champions are sitting in 11th place out of 16 (11 points from the 1st and 2 points from a relegation spot)

Guest Roger Kint

Lech advance out of their group at the cost of Juventus, well played. Still kinda funny that they are doing so well in Europe but absolutely terribly at home where the last year´s champions are sitting in 11th place out of 16 (11 points from the 1st and 2 points from a relegation spot)

Is Krivets any good in real life or just one of those FM legends who never amount to much?