The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

I happened to see a little bit of Jo when he was at CSKA and he played just behind Wagner Love. He looked such a different player then. Really looked good dropping off the front man and also drifting out wide from that number 10 position. Seemed to prefer running at defenders and being more creative.

I wonder how much his struggles have to do with him having been played as more of a number 9 in England, because of his height. Should be interesting to see what he does in a wider role today. Still think he could come good in the right situation in the future.

Erm, Moyes has already played him on the left a lot and he was total rubbish.

Well that's good to know. However I said he looked really good at CSKA playing just off the front man in the number 10 role. I mentioned the wider role he is playing today as an aside. He's actually linked up really well so far today and has had some nice touches. I just don't see a rubbish player when I watch him. Playing upfront alone however, which is where Mark Hughes and Moyes usually played him, and he did struggle badly, yes.

Fulham are in trouble this season. Bar Dempsey, can't see where the goals are going to come from.

Hopefully they go down. Would love Dempsey here.

Bring back Nobby anarl and create some sort of Jazz/Rap hybrid band. Tiote on the steel drums.

Didn't know he was from the carribean.

I can't be sure, but I think Neil was being sarcastic.

Sometimes you need a centre forward on the left wing to pass it sideways and backwards. Every team needs one.

:lol:

He hasn't played in ages and it clearly isn't his best suited role, however he hasn't done much wrong. Leave the poor boy alone. By the way didn't Moyes try to sign him after the loan, but couldn't agree a fee? Couldn't have been that abject surely. He was just stuck upfront alone too often. Anyway, enough of this Jo stuff. I think he's alright, but I'm beginning to sound like his dad or his agent or something.

Fulham are in trouble this season. Bar Dempsey, can't see where the goals are going to come from.

Hopefully they go down. Would love Dempsey here.

Bring back Nobby anarl and create some sort of Jazz/Rap hybrid band. Tiote on the steel drums.

Didn't know he was from the carribean.

He's not. Went to night classes at Astley High to learn them.

Bellamy has it spot on - Man City overload the midfield. That's why Jo is in the side. When Tevez rotates into mf, Jo moves in - into that space. If i was Hughes I'd just say go out and kick the shit out of them.

Mark Hughes is poor. He won't do well with a team like Fulham who play football, unless he would have had much better players than he currently he does, like what he had at Man City. To do well with this sort of mid table side he needs his bullies to push people around and kick a few lumps out of them.

Mark Hughes is poor. He won't do well with a team like Fulham who play football, unless he would have had much better players than he currently he does, like what he had at Man City. To do well with this sort of mid table side he needs his bullies to push people around and kick a few lumps out of them.

See my post above.  O0

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

All Fulham have done is stand-off and defend deep. It's just the worst thing you could do against City.

Aye, they'll score via osmosis!