The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Funny how Lawrenson said "You have to feel sorry for Arsenal losing like that". Do you? They should have been a man down and probably a goal down in the first 3 minutes. Birmingham deservedly won. Wenger would be sacked by any other top 4 club for not winning a trophy for 5 years.

Except that he's totally transformed the club from top to bottom and put it in a position to compete at the top for probably the next 10-20 years.

They'll fail to make the top four when Fabregas leaves, and that won't be long.

Wilshere will step up man. Arsene wont be sacked by Arsenal either. They are the only club consistently making profits each season and that is down to his philosophy.

Wilshere will never be Fabregas. Completely different type of player.

All I'm saying is that they have other players who have the potential to fill the gulf that will be left when he leaves.

They don't.

:lol: you just know it all don't you lad?

Hi mate, are you new? :lol:

Not so sure what the goalkeeper did wrong. The defender takes almost all responsibility for not dealing with that ball IMO.

:sadnod:

I still can't believe it was fucking Martins who tapped it in like - fucking hell man :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9408768.stm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on his side's Carling Cup final defeat: "A little misunderstanding had great consequences for the result. After that there was no time to come back and rectify it. I blame nobody, these kind of things are part of the game. It is very disappointing but we have to pick ourselves up for the next games - it is a good opportunity to show our mental strength, which I believe is is great."

As your team often demonstrate when the going gets tough.  :kinnear:

Fabregas is a world class attacking midfielder. There's nobody in their squad capable of replacing him and they'll have to look elsewhere.

Samir Nasri replaces him as he did to great effect earlier in the season.

I'm really happy for Birmingham and their fans. Sod European places for everyone else, I just love when the under-dog beat one of the big clubs to win a trophy. Arsenal went in as favourites, and probably thought they just had to turn up. To see their fans crying on the telly is brilliant!

The bitterness and jealousy in this thread is unbelievable man!

You said you'd prefer another team winning a trophy to the team you supposedly support having a decent chance of making it into European competition. You really have no place criticising anyone.

Do you really think with the team we have we could compete in Europe next year? Be serious man!

Of course not. There is something called a transfer window though, and with European competition all of a sudden we look a lot more attractive to potential players.

Not so sure what the goalkeeper did wrong. The defender takes almost all responsibility for not dealing with that ball IMO.

Yep. No way you go in swinging your leg like that if you don't clear it.

One of those where we don't really know who messed up most. All depends if the keeper clearly called for it or not. If he didn't and just appeared as thingie was about to clear then that's not good.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9408768.stm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on his side's Carling Cup final defeat: "A little misunderstanding had great consequences for the result. After that there was no time to come back and rectify it. I blame nobody, these kind of things are part of the game. It is very disappointing but we have to pick ourselves up for the next games - it is a good opportunity to show our mental strength, which I believe is is great."

As your team often demonstrate when the going gets tough.  :kinnear:

We can get to see this mental strength, great! Shame their "mental strength" will get them no trophies yet again.

The criticism of Wenger is a bit mad like. His failings to buy where it matters aside, he has absolutely transformed that club.

Still in the title race, Champions League every season for how long, just about the only club in the whole of the CL that's actually in the black , built their academy from the ground up, play great football etc etc.

He's the manager not the accountant though although it has to be commended in a way.

They can't afford to spend big though, they're still paying off the new ground.

Doesn't have to spend 'big', he spent £11.8m (reportedly) on two mediocre centre backs when for the same price he'd probably to be able to get the one big first team presence they need.

Guest toonlass

I'm really happy for Birmingham and their fans. Sod European places for everyone else, I just love when the under-dog beat one of the big clubs to win a trophy. Arsenal went in as favourites, and probably thought they just had to turn up. To see their fans crying on the telly is brilliant!

You said you'd prefer another team winning a trophy to the team you supposedly support having a decent chance of making it into European competition. You really have no place criticising anyone.

Do you really think with the team we have we could compete in Europe next year? Be serious man!

Of course not. There is something called a transfer window though, and with European competition all of a sudden we look a lot more attractive to potential players.

I don't think we'll significantly improve the depth in our team in the transfer window. Europe next season would be far too soon for us. Sorry for being sensible like.

I don't think we'll significantly improve our team in the transfer window.

I think we will.

Some on here make it sound as if we're nailed on to finish 7th :lol:

Some on here make is sound as if we've absolutely no chance of finishing 7th. :lol:

Truth as always is somewhere in between. This isn't great news for us.