The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest Chubby Jason

What did he do?

Called the ref a cunt and then tea-bagged the camera. Pretty weird to be honest.

Last four updates on the BBC Sport Football Live Thingy:

2148: Yep, Wenger has had his say, about the Robin van Persie red card, I would think. BBC pundit Lee Dixon just called it a ludicrous decision and he is right - the whistle had only just gone when Van Persie had his shot, and how the heck was he expected to hear it anyway over the noise of a crowd of 95,000. I won't gloss over the fact that Barca were dominating possession, but the score on the night was 1-1 when that decision changed the rest of the game.

RuuAndThatsAll on Twitter: "I'm in tears I can't help myself. Will I ever see us lift the Champions League. Ever? The ref ruined it & I stand by whatever Arsene Wenger says."

2151: I should also point out that Arsenal managed precisely zero shots on target tonight (their goal was a Barca og) but they were in the game, and ahead on aggregate when they went down to 10 men. That's a fact. It will be very interesting to hear what Arsene Wenger has to say to the press about it...

2153: And I know it's not just me who is sick of refereeing decisions being the main talking points after games. I wish we were talking about some mesmerising football too. But, when the officials get big ones like that wrong, they have to face the music. They won't though...

Arsenal have lost far too many players in the last half a decade or so, who weren't just brilliant footballers, but they also had that winning mentality.

Something which Wenger still hasn't addressed.

Arsenal have lost far too many players in the last half a decade or so, who weren't just brilliant footballers, but they also had that winning mentality.

Something which Wenger still hasn't addressed.

Big clubs don't sell their best players though, etc.

Can't see how a team that doesn't manage an attempt can say they were robbed. The sending off was harsh but Barca could have scored 7 or 8 tonight.

The best (by far) side won. 

Guest Chubby Jason

What did he do?

Called the ref a c*** and then tea-bagged the camera. Pretty weird to be honest.

:lol: That must be a joke.

No, it was pretty messed up, just hope you have this Sky plussed cos they will never show it again.

It was one second after the whistle he took a shot. Joke, he heard it but he was already completely in motion

I'm sorry, he knew he was offside, he heard it was offside, he even saw the flag going up.

I mean he's a cunt so he deserved a red anyways :lol:

Who cares, it's over and that wasn't the reason they lost, they would've lost anyways if theres anything called fair in this world.

Souness is a great pundit. It's a shame ape man has gone, Souness used to put him in his place when he started his arse-licking hero worship bullshit.

Him & Gullit are the best studio combo about when they do Sky's coverage. Compare that with ITV's Southgate/Townsend, and BBC's Hanson/Lawro/Shearer and Sky piss on the competition.

i think one reason sky's champion's league coverage is so good is that their pundits need to talk about so many teams from different countries. means the pundits have to go out of their comfort zone and actually research different leagues etc. especially when the average viewer won't know who the best players for roma, shakthar etc are, so souness, gullit or wilkins have to do their homework and tell them.

whereas it seems on MOTD that the likes of shearer literally do zero research before landing on their shitty sofa, and are simply being paid to be a famous person gurning on television. hence "we dont know much about ben arfa"

It was one second after the whistle he took a shot. Joke, he heard it but he was already completely in motion

I'm sorry, he knew he was offside, he heard it was offside, he even saw the flag going up.

I mean he's a cunt so he deserved a red anyways :lol:

Who cares, it's over and that wasn't the reason they lost, they would've lost anyways if theres anything called fair in this world.

Who knows? 1 player can make a huge difference.

The red just evens out the wrongly disallowed goal from the first leg

And the fact Barca should have had a pen in the first-half.

Fucking annoying that these games are always tainted. Still UEFA know the score and have their priorities... let's just make sure we outlaw snoods first.

What did he do?

Called the ref a c*** and then tea-bagged the camera. Pretty weird to be honest.

:lol: That must be a joke.

No, it was pretty messed up, just hope you have this Sky plussed cos they will never show it again.

In Sweden, saw however the interview when he was calling the ref a joke 20 times.

Souness is a great pundit. It's a shame ape man has gone, Souness used to put him in his place when he started his arse-licking hero worship bullshit.

Him & Gullit are the best studio combo about when they do Sky's coverage. Compare that with ITV's Southgate/Townsend, and BBC's Hanson/Lawro/Shearer and Sky piss on the competition.

i think one reason sky's champion's league coverage is so good is that their pundits need to talk about so many teams from different countries. means the pundits have to go out of their comfort zone and actually research different leagues etc. especially when the average viewer won't know who the best players for roma, shakthar etc are, so souness, gullit or wilkins have to do their homework and tell them.

whereas it seems on MOTD that the likes of shearer literally do zero research before landing on their shitty sofa, and are simply being paid to be a famous person gurning on television. hence "we dont know much about ben arfa"

I remember Hanson in the World Cup taking the piss out of one team, Serbia or Slovakia I think it was saying he'd never heard of many of the players so they must be crap. Very amateur like given he was paid to research and give his view on these teams.

Can't see how a team that doesn't manage an attempt can say they were robbed. The sending off was harsh but Barca could have scored 7 or 8 tonight.

The best (by far) side won. 

Could have. They didn't.