The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

We have learnt nothing new from this pointless friendly.

Rooney looked better in a free role and I think it's likely that he'll be playing alongside a target man next time.

Step up Andy Carroll? :shifty:

But seriously, I would like to see him make an appearance in the Euro qualifiers at least. He's England's best prospect for an out and out target man.

I think at one stage he'll make the squad in that role, but this campaign will probably be too early for him.

I'd like to see Carlton Cole given more of a chance tbh. He's been a slow developer, but of the candidates, he's the best all round talent IMO.

Good shout, that. Would much rather have had Cole there instead of Heskey in SA.

Don't know how others still have the strength to watch an England game or be interested in the team being put out etc...

Even if he does try out different formations, or different tactics we all know that once the next big games and proper tournament comes around again we'll see Gerrard and Lampard together and probably Heskey too :lol:

Lampard should get nowhere near the England team anymore.

Keep Gerrard in there and build the team around getting the best out of Rooney.

Of course, we all knew this before the WC anyway. I hope we continue to blood some of the youngsters in qualifying aswell.

Would like to see both those things too.

Would like to see both those things too.

At the end of the day, we all know that both of them together doesn't work so one has to go. Lampard is 32 and and will be 36 for the next WC, his time has to be up imo. I'd actually rather have Ferdinand in there if he can sort himself out than that twat Terry. Atleast Ferdinand allows us to play the ball out of defence comfortably.

Adam Johnson I thought looked very good in that friendly, looked fearless and confident and has twice the ability of players like SWP. Wilshere hardly got a kick but it's now where the real talents like he seemingly is gonna be have got to be given their chance. I'd like to see Rodwell given his chance in the midfield aswell, he's one of the most assured players for his age I've ever seen.

Tottenham: Gomes, Corluka, Dawson, King, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Modric, Huddlestone, Bale, Crouch, Defoe. Subs: Cudicini, Kaboul, Pavlyuchenko, Keane, Palacios, Giovani, Bassong.

Man City: Hart, Richards, Toure, Kompany, Kolarov, Wright-Phillips, Toure Yaya, De Jong, Barry, Silva, Tevez. Subs: Given, Zabaleta, Adebayor, Adam Johnson, Lescott, Vieira, Jo.

Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)

SWP still starting for City is fail. Also why the hell is there 3 defensive midfielders on the pitch for City.

Roberto Mancini loves a DM.

Still reckon City are miles off a title push, especially if thats going to be there starting XI. Got about as much creativity in there as we have.

SWP still starting for City is fail. Also why the hell is there 3 defensive midfielders on the pitch for City.

Still reckon City are miles off a title push, especially if thats going to be there starting XI. Got about as much creativity in there as we have.

Mancini was never this negative at Inter though.

Mancini was never this negative at Inter though.

Regularly played with 2 DMs occaisonally with Zanetti in the RM/LM position too. Stankovic was never an out and out attacking midfielder either.

I watched City play Valencia last weekend and De Jong sat deepest while Barry and Yaya were given some license to get forward while still doing a defensive job when not in posession.

I understand the logic behind his selection tbh. Away from home against a promising Spurs side - probably wants to counter late on in the game as Spurs get frustrated and commit too many forward.