The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest neesy111

Two great assists from that rubbish Lennon tonight.

:kneejerk:  One game never makes a players season, he has to do it week in week out.

Guest kingdawson

He was excellent. People get excited and start claiming players are either rubbish or good based on a patch of either good or bad form. They claim Lennon is shit but decide to overlook the fact that he was destroying premier league defences for a season and a half and was having outstanding performances game in and game out.

He came back after a serious injury and was nothing like his usual self. Luckily for us he's had some rather good games this season and looks like he's getting back to form.

He was excellent. People get excited and start claiming players are either rubbish or good based on a patch of either good or bad form. They claim Lennon is shit but decide to overlook the fact that he was destroying premier league defences for a season and a half and was having outstanding performances game in and game out.

He came back after a serious injury and was nothing like his usual self. Luckily for us he's had some rather good games this season and looks like he's getting back to form.

He's still shit though. ;)

Guest kingdawson

Is that two for the season now?

Prime example of what i'm talking about.

Lennon sensational for a season and a half is all forgotten but Lennon off form for 1/4 of the season after coming back from an injury that put him out for 4 months is all that's remembered (most are basing it on his poor England WC form tbh).

Ronaldo is right. Sitting with the entire team behind the ball when you've got nothing to lose and it all to gain is ridiculous.

Rangers are capable of nicking goals. If they bombed forward they would get raped. So no, no it is not ridiculous.

They barely got a sniff of nicking a goal.

They should have atleast gone for it with 20 minutes left, they might have got 'raped' 0-1. Oh wait, that happened anyway.

Kenny Miller had more than a sniff of goal. Should have scored imo. If he did then you would be saying the complete opposite.

Never been Rangers biggest fans but I was really impressed tonight. Very unlucky, Walter Smith as he has shown time and time again is a tactical mastermind. In todays football climate you can only do so much.

Ronaldo is right. Sitting with the entire team behind the ball when you've got nothing to lose and it all to gain is ridiculous.

Rangers are capable of nicking goals. If they bombed forward they would get raped. So no, no it is not ridiculous.

They should have atleast gone for it with 20 minutes left, they might have got 'raped' 0-1. Oh wait, that happened anyway.

Kenny Miller had more than a sniff of goal. Should have scored imo. If he did then you would be saying the complete opposite.

Never been Rangers biggest fans but I was really impressed tonight. Very unlucky, Walter Smith as he has shown time and time again is a tactical mastermind. In todays football climate you can only do so much.

Keeping your shape and defending for your lives whilst relying on your keeper to make save after save is being a tactical mastermind?  ???

Keeping your shape and defending for your lives whilst relying on your keeper to make save after save is being a tactical mastermind?  ???

Rangers could of knicked the game tonight, they drew at old trafford(both against one of the most succesful managers in history), held barcelona on top of their game,  he got to the final of the uefa cup and scotland results etc. For me that is a tactical mastermind.

Rangers could of knicked the game tonight, they drew at old trafford(both against one of the most succesful managers in history), held barcelona on top of their game,  he got to the final of the uefa cup and scotland results etc. For me that is a tactical mastermind.

We were fantastically shit that season. Many, many sides achieved this momentous feat of making us drop points that year :lol:

Is that two for the season now?

Prime example of what i'm talking about.

Lennon sensational for a season and a half is all forgotten but Lennon off form for 1/4 of the season after coming back from an injury that put him out for 4 months is all that's remembered (most are basing it on his poor England WC form tbh).

Forgotten far too early IMO, should be starting on the right for England when fit, or at least competing with Johnson for that spot.

We were fantastically shit that season. Many, many sides achieved this momentous feat of making us drop points that year :lol:

In todays footballing climate for a team with Rangers resources to achieve any result against Barcelona is pretty amazing!

'Save after save' :lol:

'Save after save' :lol:

:lol:

He's certainly no tactical genius guys, but he's learned how to grind out a result with the teams he's built up. His pathetic record in Europe during his first stint at Rangers more or less proves this. The regular drubbings of 4-0, 4-1s were comical efforts.

He picked up a few things in his time down here, most probably as Fergie's assistant, but he was a pretty dismal failure at Everton. Where was this genius then? A tactical genius can lay out a plan to win, and he can't do that, never has. His plan is to rely on opportunism, and basically, that's no plan and no genius tactic.

Mediocre genius, or tactical mediocrity, take your pick, but please, get a hold of yourselves.

I said that to my old man yesterday, when he said he felt a bit sorry for Rangers when Man U got the penalty because they had "defended so well throughout the game". Basically they put 8 men just in front of their penalty box and hoped that Man U would not find a way to open them up. When Man U did manage to open them up, they got lucky that Rooney isn't on form and that Carrick is a poor finisher. There was nothing clever about Rangers tactics last night, they were lucky to hold out as long as they did, and it's a disgrace that they didn't even have a go when it was their only chance of qualifying.

He's certainly no tactical genius guys, but he's learned how to grind out a result with the teams he's built up.  His pathetic record in Europe during his first stint at Rangers more or less proves this.  The regular drubbings of 4-0, 4-1s were comical efforts. 

He picked up a few things in his time down here, most probably as Fergie's assistant, but he was a pretty dismal failure at Everton.  Where was this genius then?  A tactical genius can lay out a plan to win, and he can't do that, never has.  His plan is to rely on opportunism, and basically, that's no plan and no genius tactic.

Mediocre genius, or tactical mediocrity, take your pick, but please, get a hold of yourselves.

Exactly. He was a poor Everton manager and should have been sacked at least a year before he finally got the bullet, 2 years imo.

The sides he had here were negative & boring but he never managed to grind out positive results the way he did in that UEFA Cup run at Rangers. That was just a total fluke. It was usually draws (I rememeber one season we set some sort of record for 0-0 draws) or losing with a whimper.

As I have said. 'Having a go' would have meant definite loss whereas sitting back and trying to nick a goal (which was almost successful) may have resulted in the three points. I'm not sure how that's so hard to understand. Get a fucking grip.

They could have went for it in the last 8 minutes, granted, but they had no-one decent to bring on and they were all fucked.

As I have said. 'Having a go' would have meant definite loss whereas sitting back and trying to nick a goal (which was almost successful) may have resulted in the three points. I'm not sure how that's so hard to understand. Get a fucking grip.

They could have went for it in the last 8 minutes, granted, but they had no-one decent to bring on and they were all fucked.

Fuck off, he's a MAAAASTERMINDDDD.

;)