The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

It's one thing to lose to "better" sides when they actually play better. The matches against Atlético and now Leverkusen have just been jokes. Seriously. I'd take another 4-0 rape from Leverkusen rather than the embarrassment of outplaying them and losing to a lucky shot. It's just idiotic. Why, why does this always happen? Argghhh!  :rant: :weep:  :rant:  :angry:

This sort of thing happends week in week out in Europe, nothing for us to worry about for tomorrow I don't think. The bid is fucked in anyway. Really poor from the Birmingham fans though, a few games played behind closed doors should be in order.

I've had quite a busy afternoon / evening.

Start off, gangs of idiots looking for it around the city centre pretty much all afternoon, the walk up the hill through Digbeth and to the ground was like the road to Bagdhad.

Cups of piss, coins and fuck knows what thrown at us from the sides and above, constantly - and I mean constantly - during the match. I travelled away an awful lot in the 1980s when things were hairy all the time, but I can't remember being subjected to a stream of abuse and barrage of coins like that before.

Flares - flares for fuck sake - thrown into the crowd after the final whistle.

A few of our idiots decide to reciprocate by throwing seats back at them.

Out of the ground and into the area directly behind the away end, the coppers decide that, actually, they might start holding us back after all, and while they do so there is absolutely all sorts getting lobbed over at us. At which point the coppers change their mind again and let us out. Cue it kicking off pretty much immediately.

I know it's like their fucking cup final, I know it's payback for our good luck with late winners in the past, I know the second half didn't suggest it was going to happen, so they were all overexcited, but honestly, what a bunch of fucking idiots.