Would you be happy if Bellamy returned? Well tough tits, he's gone to Cardiff

tgarve
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Until very recently, I'd have said yes. Now, I'd worry that he'd affect team morale. It would all be too much like the return of the hero, and Bellamy would play up to that role. That wouldn't sit well with the players who have worked hard to get us back up after relegation.

Timing is wrong, basically.

I love Bellamy, he's a mint player and a right little charver - which is great when he's on your team!

Cronky has an interesting point about disrupting the team, but that would apply to any high-quality signing to a certain extent. Players have to learn to accept new additions to the squad, ideally ones that are better than them.

Very good player and the type of player we need, if not the type of person.

My concern wouldn't be whether he'd be an improvement to the squad (that's a given) it would be more around the huge wage he'd command, the significant transfer fee and the fact he's on a downward spiral injury-wise.

His game is so reliant on pace, he's one more injury away from being finished and he tends to miss a fair few games.

So, all in all, probably a no from me albeit I'd not be crying into my beer if he did re-sign.

Yes, love the guy too. He'd be a great player to have at any time but his cutting edge would be a fantastic asset for our team now.

No chance though :lol:

some celtic fans have been at his wiki

July 2010 Moved to Glasgow Celtic for a fee in the region of 4 Million and will be honoured with the number 7 shirt to follow in the footsteps of legends such as Jimmy Johnstone , John Doyle and Henrik 'hunskelper' Larsson

He's immense, a great talent. Getting rid of him was one of the biggest mistakes in the club's recent history, and arguably the biggest of the many skidmarks that Grame Souness left on the y-fronts of our lives. He wanted to stay with us, loved the club and, in my opinion, could have developed more as a player with the consistency of playing for one team instead of being shipped around so much. Still the situation smells of a Tottenham signing.

He's immense, a great talent. Getting rid of him was one of the biggest mistakes in the club's recent history

You think we should keep players who go on TV and call the manager a liar? I don't think there was any way back for him after that.

He loved the club

:lol:

On loan paying part wages yes. Any other way no.

good strikers don't come cheap you know

Liabilities and injury prone strikers like Craig Bellamy could sink this club, its a very precarious balance ATM between staying up and going down, he could make the difference either way. Say we did sign him, paid a fee and his large wages it leaves no room for anyone else. With his injury record and temperament its a disaster waiting to happen. Eggs in one basket, ala Owen, look how well that one turned out. On the other hand he could provide the goals that keep us up and make us competitive, and why I say on loan only. If it doesn't work out he's not our problem.

He's also one injury away from losing his pace, and like someone said his entire game.

Guest firetotheworks

He's immense, a great talent. Getting rid of him was one of the biggest mistakes in the club's recent history

You think we should keep players who go on TV and call the manager a liar? I don't think there was any way back for him after that.

He loved the club

You could just as well ask if a manager should lie about one of his players.

Guest neesy111

On loan paying part wages yes. Any other way no.

good strikers don't come cheap you know

Liabilities and injury prone strikers like Craig Bellamy could sink this club, its a very precarious balance ATM between staying up and going down, he could make the difference either way. Say we did sign him, paid a fee and his large wages it leaves no room for anyone else. With his injury record and temperament its a disaster waiting to happen. Eggs in one basket, ala Owen, look how well that one turned out. On the other hand he could provide the goals that keep us up and make us competitive, and why I say on loan only. If it doesn't work out he's not our problem.

He's also one injury away from losing his pace, and like someone said his entire game.

He's a better all round player than he used to be though, to me he's one of the best finishers in the premiership now.....

He loved the club

No, it's different.

Guest firetotheworks

He loved the club

No, it's different.

They're both means to the same end.

He loved the club

No, it's different.

No, if you're a player the end is a move to another club.

Guest firetotheworks

He loved the club

No, it's different.

No, if you're a player the end is a move to another club.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Either way Bellamy was going to leave, whether he called Souness a liar or not.

Souness lies about Bellamy - Bellamy leaves

Bellamy believes that Souness lied about him - Bellamy leaves

Bellamy calling Souness a liar on TV was a footnote to the actual problem.