Would you be happy if Bellamy returned? Well tough tits, he's gone to Cardiff

tgarve
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest secteur2010

Since this is a hypothetical thread, would anyone else accept £6m for Jonas if it meant Ben Arfa in for £7m and Bellamy on loan?

I'd drive Jonas for nowt.

Guest Heneage

I still watch that clip on Youtube all the time.

Sends shivers down my spine.

That whole period man, we used to play good football, and I actually looked forward to the derby games. I remember we spanked Boro 4-1 at their place once.

That whole period man, we used to play good football, and I actually looked forward to the derby games. I remember we spanked Boro 4-1 at their place once.

Such a great team, I watch the last 16 of the CL and then remind myself just 7 years ago we were at the equivalent stage. It's actually quite hard to consider, and very depressing.  :no:

Such a great team, I watch the last 16 of the CL and then remind myself just 7 years ago we were at the equivalent stage. It's actually quite hard to consider, and very depressing.  :no:

It'll happen again. Not for a while, but it will. :thup: Tragic how that period was a mere dip in the water though; replacing Bobby with Souness remains the worst decision in recent times. It just about pips putting Keegan and Wise in a melting pot in the 'bad decision' stakes.

It'll happen again. Not for a while, but it will. :thup: Tragic how that period was a mere dip in the water though; replacing Bobby with Souness remains the worst decision in recent times. It just about pips putting Keegan and Wise in a melting pot in the 'bad decision' stakes.

It's an absolute tragedy to think that that was what... 8 years ago? How many other clubs in our position would have used that progress to build a legacy and put in the foundations for a long-term successful team based around youth regeneration, concrete contracts for key players and a team mentality built on a particular type of football (like Barcelona) where players understand their role within a  team and appreciate playing for a great club. Instead, we get rid of arguably the most popular man in British football, replace him with one of the most despised, tear apart an incredibly promising team for big-name players with no motivation or desire to play for the club except money, with no due dilligence as to their injury record, character, temperament or form, and with no apparent attempt at building a team based on what was missing at the time. I know that's been repeated and summed up so many times, but I just had to re-hash it to remember that yes, in fact, this wasn't just some horrible nightmare. Freddy Shepherd, fuck you sir.

That's when I became a fan.  I fell in love with this club.