Jermaine Jenas

Ishmael

29 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

IMG_9117.thumb.jpeg.9a44cc42773fcf1f5a5deaeadbd0c645.jpeg

Incredibly harsh take for someone with his career. I saw most of his games for us, well at home anyway and a smattering away. He was a phenomenal talent in his position. 
Bear in mind he was with us aged 19-22 so reasonable to compare to Elliot Anderson, who has had 44 appearances and one Scotland U22 cap in same time period. 

Don’t spoil my hating Johnny

10 hours ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

Weird he got sacked so promptly. Probably he was bang to rights and BBC keen to avoid any more bad press.

If its just texting consenting lasses, like he says, then feels slightly harsh. If he's been a meganonce then fair enough. 

I don’t get it - the story is following complaints but he says they were consenting. So who complained?

9 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m perfectly ok with ‘sexting’ resulting in a sacking.  It’s your work colleague FFS - it’s hardly creating a safe and productive working environment if you’re being a creepy little cunt in it

Creepy little cunt - im remembering that line for me next sexy text to a work colleague of mine.

Edited by Gawalls

22 minutes ago, Paully said:

Didn’t he make his debut for us at the SOS in the 1-0 Dabizas win?! 

full 90 mins… possibly. He definitely appeared before then as a sub. 

9 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m perfectly ok with ‘sexting’ resulting in a sacking.  It’s your work colleague FFS - it’s hardly creating a safe and productive working environment if you’re being a creepy little cunt in it

If it's unwanted, yes. The problem is that alot of people actually meet their partners at work. Single folk that is. So this idea that work is an environment where men and women can't be attracted to each other and can't enter a consenting relationship is a tricky one.

Most normal adults understand the boundaries and know when and where their advances aren't warranted. Woman should feel safe in their workplace (and men, and believe me it works the other way), but at the same time someone shouldn't just be sacked for making an advance that was misjudged.

I'm not saying this is what happened here BTW. Jenas can get to fuck. I'm just highlighting that it's not as simple as work being a no-go area for relationships. It's not even remotely realistic if we are honest.

Edited by STM

2 minutes ago, STM said:

If it's unwanted, yes. The problem is that alot of people actually meet their partners at work. Single folk that is. So this idea that work is an environment where men and women can't be attracted to each other and can't enter a consenting relationship is a tricky one.

Most normal adults understand the boundaries and know when and where their advances aren't warranted. Woman should feel safe in their workplace (and men, and believe me it works the other way), but at the same time someone shouldn't just be sacked for making an advance that was misjudged.

I'm not saying this is what happened here BTW. Jenas can get to fuck. I'm just highlighting that it's not as simple as work being a no-go area for relationships. It's not even remotely realistic if we are honest.

Nah. You must be a robot when you go to work. Have no human interactions with anyone.

Also Jenas is a penis. Jenas is a penis. Na na na na!

4 minutes ago, STM said:

I met both my long-term partners at work; no issue with workplace romances.  But I didn’t send any unsolicited pictures of my penis in doing so

12 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I met both my long-term partners at work; no issue with workplace romances.  But I didn’t send any unsolicited pictures of my penis in doing so

Aye sorry, wasn't implying you had. :lol::pow:

57 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Aye. Workplace romances are obviously going to be common, when you're potentially spending 8+ hours a day with someone that you have common ground with. 

I doubt they've sacked him for that though. 

Got to be more to it than just a few questionable texts between colleagues, as others have said that happens all the time.

My guess is he’s sent pictures without her consent and the BBC have caught wind and with their reputation and the ongoing Huw Edwards scandal, have gone into damage control mode and binned him to avoid the bad press.

Just now, CallumG6 said:

Got to be more to it than just a few questionable texts between colleagues, as others have said that happens all the time.

My guess is he’s sent pictures without her consent and the BBC have caught wind and with their reputation and the ongoing Huw Edwards scandal, have gone into damage control mode and binned him to avoid the bad press.

I mean its easy for them. He's no great loss with his lack of personality or charm.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

I mean its easy for them. He's no great loss with his lack of personality or charm.

I think his perceived level of charm got him in this mess in the first place…

1 minute ago, CallumG6 said:

I think his perceived level of charm got him in this mess in the first place…

Well yeah, imagine being a female worker at BBC and THAT is sending you dick pics. I imagine even his dick has no personality.

He probably did something stupid like using a BBC company phone to do it....otherwise someone who gave consent is going to look fairly daft complaining about a conversation that was allegedly consensual.

Regardless of what actually occurred his reputation is ruined and he won't be on the air any time soon

Always remember when he was crying like a kid when shearer schooled him after Chelsea beat Spurs (I think in a cup semi) and Jenas was bleating on that Spurs deserved to win because they had more possession.