£25m in Jan?

Yorkie

Why do people rate Upson so highly by the way?

He had 18 good months with Birmingham, but he never established himself at Arsenal (okay, that maybe harsh considering the competition he had...although Wenger obviously rated Cygan more highly  blueconfused.gif), and he's been plagued by injury ever since. I got slated when I suggested Dunn as a cheap, squad member because of his injury record, Upson's just as bad the past 2 years.

He had 18 good months with Birmingham, but he never established himself at Arsenal (okay, that maybe harsh considering the competition he had...although Wenger obviously rated Cygan more highly blueconfused.gif), and he's been plagued by injury ever since. I got slated when I suggested Dunn as a cheap, squad member because of his injury record, Upson's just as bad the past 2 years.

Upson did well playing in a shit side, mind. Dunn I agree is a good player but have you seen the size of him recently? He clearly likes his pies.

Guest theunis

Yeah there we go Billy Jones could be a nice prospect. But would Rouder be looking lover leagues fot players i dont think so :(

Think we need to employ old Harry Rednap as a consultant for the transfer window because he always gets the job done

Yeah there we go Billy Jones could be a nice prospect. But would Rouder be looking lover leagues fot players i dont think so :(

Think we need to employ old Harry Rednap as a consultant for the transfer window because he always gets the job done

Billy Jones is a class act.

He'll make it as a RB (probably too small for CB) in the EPL eventually.

Better than anything we got now.

RB - Ryan Taylor ( from Wigan ) - 1 million

cb - Wes Brown - 4.5 million

cb -  Distin -  3 million

lb -  Bridge - 3.5

cm - Diop - 5 million

cf- darren bent - 8 million

True that. At least when he's fat and unfit Rondaldo still scores goals. We seem to bring in players that are fat, unfit and also cannot play. May as well get 1 out of 3.

He had 18 good months with Birmingham, but he never established himself at Arsenal (okay, that maybe harsh considering the competition he had...although Wenger obviously rated Cygan more highly  blueconfused.gif), and he's been plagued by injury ever since. I got slated when I suggested Dunn as a cheap, squad member because of his injury record, Upson's just as bad the past 2 years.

:thup:

IMHO Cunningham helped him out a hell of a lot also!

I'd go for:

SWP £10m

D.Bent £8m

Baines or Bale £4m

Distin £3m

Total: £25m

If you could flog Emre for £9m and Luque for £3m I'd then go and buy:

C.Davis £6m

J.Barton £6m

Only SWP wouldn't be able to play in Europe so that would help our chances.

We won't get that much for Emre. And yeah defence is way more of an issue then wingers atm, invest that 10m into 2 or 3 decent defenders and we will be well on our way.

Who is this Bale? Everyone is going on about him.

Garath Bale, 17 year old fullback from Southampton... Scores a couple of goals aswell

We won't get that much for Emre. And yeah defence is way more of an issue then wingers atm, invest that 10m into 2 or 3 decent defenders and we will be well on our way.

Who is this Bale? Everyone is going on about him.

Garath Bale, 17 year old fullback from Southampton... Scores a couple of goals aswell

Another Southampton prodigy eh? I've always thought the south-coast teams should be higher than where they are at the minute. Considering they have about a quarter of the country to pick from relatively unchallenged.

Guest Deep456

Diop wouldn't cost £5m and I doubt Upson would only cost £3m. He is to them their best player and its not as if they let Pennant and Heskey go for peanuts is it?

Upson wants out, has only 18months on his contract, and is cost them £40kpw, which is the average wage of 10 Championship players. Along with him missing most of the season (out injured for SEVEN months) and the near on fact he wont be signing a new deal means now is the time to sell, and as soon as an EPL club has a bid rejected, he'll spit his dummy and demand to be listed.

If Brum get £3m, they'd be lucky.

In league 2 the average player gets £6000 a week quite oviously in championship it would be more so your facts are wrong.

We could do with a linkup forward, someone who drops slightly deep and pulls the strings with some ability on the ball and good technique - weve seen what a huge difference it can make with Dyer playing that role, and last season Emre did a good job there in a few games.

Gudjohnsen or JD Tomasson would be ideal for a few seasons.

Maybe ask Tevez's owner if hes willing to sell him, might not cost too much due to his relatively shiite form, but hes enough of a presence at this point in time to improve our frontline to a significant degree sinces hes still linking up well with players - with much room for improvement in other departments once hes settled.

Diop wouldn't cost £5m and I doubt Upson would only cost £3m. He is to them their best player and its not as if they let Pennant and Heskey go for peanuts is it?

Upson wants out, has only 18months on his contract, and is cost them £40kpw, which is the average wage of 10 Championship players. Along with him missing most of the season (out injured for SEVEN months) and the near on fact he wont be signing a new deal means now is the time to sell, and as soon as an EPL club has a bid rejected, he'll spit his dummy and demand to be listed.

In league 2 the average player gets £6000 a week quite oviously in championship it would be more so your facts are wrong.

hahaha what bollocks!

6000! are you mad they get around 1000 per week.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

With Owen, Martins, Ameobi, Sibiersky and Dyer if needed as strikers i wouldnt spent money on our attack, but instead focuse on making the defense look good, which it hasnt done for many years....

Buy some quality defenders and not just some OK players like Upson.

With Owen, Martins, Ameobi, Sibiersky and Dyer if needed as strikers i wouldnt spent money on our attack, but instead focuse on making the defense look good, which it hasnt done for many years....

Buy some quality defenders and not just some OK players like Upson.

With two of the list injured, one prone to injury and the other yet to settle in this league, I would be looking to spend money short-term on bringing in a Premier League goalscorer.