Harry Redknapp

Tooj

Hodgson is miles better.

Redknapp has spent his career blackmailing clubs into giving him more money than his competitors and has one flukey cup to show for it in 30 years.

Even McClaren has done more than him already.

Winning the FA is no small achievement and eclipses what Hodgson and McClaren have done in their managerial careers for me anyway (Dutch league has been poor for years now). McClaren fluked his way to the League cup, and was very lucky how the Dutch league panned out this year.

I don't like the guy, and you are right, there are too many shady stories attached to him for there being smoke and no fire, but he's one of the best English manager's working now, unfortunately.

What has Hodgson won as a manager? Friends aye, but trophies?

Some of the stick is hilarious. If the guy is given the money to spend then it's hardly his fault if he spends it. And instead of focussing on his bad signings (which everyone has made) look at some of his better ones like Berbatov.

As someone said, 4th is 4th.

Martin Jol signed Berbatov.

Redknapp is by far the dirtiest smug c*** in the Premier League. Just the right man for Tottenham in that sense.

And as for his transfers, the majority are just a waste of money. The fact that West Ham, Portsmouth and Southampton have all ended up with financial problems (and ultimately relegation) after Redknapp's tenures speaks for itself really. His name is probably the first name in every dodgy agent's phonebook..

..And he's father of Jamie Redknapp.

You just know the tabloids will have something for the front pages if he ever gets the England job.  Conveniently discovered 2 weeks before England begin a tournament. 

Hodgson is miles better.

Redknapp has spent his career blackmailing clubs into giving him more money than his competitors and has one flukey cup to show for it in 30 years.

Even McClaren has done more than him already.

Winning the FA is no small achievement and eclipses what Hodgson and McClaren have done in their managerial careers for me anyway (Dutch league has been poor for years now). McClaren fluked his way to the League cup, and was very lucky how the Dutch league panned out this year.

I don't like the guy, and you are right, there are too many shady stories attached to him for there being smoke and no fire, but he's one of the best English manager's working now, unfortunately.

What has Hodgson won as a manager? Friends aye, but trophies?

McClaren winning the Dutch league with a team not called Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord is better than anything Redknapp has done. What does the league quality have to do with it? if someone won the SPL with Dundee Utd It would still be a massive achievement.

Portsmouth had one tough game, beating Cardiff and West Brom isn't as impressive as Twente going a whole season being chased by one of the in form teams in Europe with a budget miles bigger and winning the first title ever.

He also got to the Uefa Cup final, what has Redknapp ever done in Europe?

Hodgson has achieved so much more it's not funny.

McClaren winning the Dutch league with a team not called Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord is better than anything Redknapp has done.

Twente had been a lot better than Feyenoord for a good couple of years before McCLaren took the job.

I believe McLaren finished runners-up first, and then won it in the season after, which makes it all the more impressive. I've gained, and most people who follow footie should, new-found respect for that man. It takes bollocks the size of watermelons to get over his massive failure as England boss, especially after the rollicking one gets from the press. He dusted himself back up, and went abroad to a random team with potential in the Dutch league and got his career back on track.

I'm no fan of Steve McClaren but his achievement with Twente was phenomenal. Ajax were absolutely fantastic, scored 40 more goals than Twente and yet he still managed to keep their noses in front.

The FA Cup is a great thing for a club but not a particularly marvelous thing for a manager's CV. They played one Premiership club ffs - fair enough it was Man Utd but it's one game.

Redknapp's only real success has been with Spurs... so far, with a massive chequebook. I look forward to them being binned out, Partizan stylee.

McClaren winning the Dutch league with a team not called Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord is better than anything Redknapp has done.

Twente had been a lot better than Feyenoord for a good couple of years before McCLaren took the job.

True, But they've still got a bigger budget and a big name, you would expect them to win the league before Twente.

I'm no fan of Steve McClaren but his achievement with Twente was phenomenal. Ajax were absolutely fantastic, scored 40 more goals than Twente and yet he still managed to keep their noses in front.

The FA Cup is a great thing for a club but not a particularly marvelous thing for a manager's CV. They played one Premiership club ffs - fair enough it was Man Utd but it's one game.

Redknapp's only real success has been with Spurs... so far, with a massive chequebook. I look forward to them being binned out, Partizan stylee.

Them last 2 sentences are nonsense and you know it Wullie.  :lol:

To say finishing 4th with Spurs is a real success but winning the FA Cup with Portsmouth isn't is just ludicrous.

Them last 2 sentences are nonsense and you know it Wullie. :lol:

To say finishing 4th with Spurs is a real success but winning the FA Cup with Portsmouth isn't is just ludicrous.

Fair enough, I may have worded it wrong. If we're talking about how good a manager somebody is, I don't think games against Ipswich, Plymouth, Preston, West Brom and Cardiff are the best way to judge, nor is beating Man Utd with a penalty. Yes it's brilliant for Portsmouth and credit where it's due, it's success, but it doesn't make Redknapp a better manager than anyone. I wouldn't give him a job because of it. Would you? Unless a manager is consistently winning cup competitions, league finishes are a far, far better judge of their ability.

On the way to McClaren's League Cup btw, they put out Everton, Spurs, Arsenal and Bolton. That's more impressive than Redknapp's FA Cup in terms of the manager simply getting the team to go out and beat the opposition presented to them. I don't even like Steve McClaren fwiw.

My last sentence is not nonsense, I definitely DO look forward to them being binned out.

Feyenoord have been wank for a while but for Twente to come second and then win the league ahead of PSV and Ajax who are infinitely bigger clubs in terms of absolutely everything is nothing short of sensational. If it was a rookie manager people would be queueing up to laud it. Especially considering they sold their best player summer 2009 (Elia) and the lack of money he spent to achieve it. Really interested to see how he fares at Wolfsburg.

Guest Heneage

Feyenoord have been w*** for a while but for Twente to come second and then win the league ahead of PSV and Ajax who are infinitely bigger clubs in terms of absolutely everything is nothing short of sensational. If it was a rookie manager people would be queueing up to laud it. Especially considering they sold their best player summer 2009 (Elia) and the lack of money he spent to achieve it. Really interested to see how he fares at Wolfsburg.

I don't know how much say he had, but Ruiz and Stoch were both fantastic signings.

Feyenoord have been w*** for a while but for Twente to come second and then win the league ahead of PSV and Ajax who are infinitely bigger clubs in terms of absolutely everything is nothing short of sensational. If it was a rookie manager people would be queueing up to laud it. Especially considering they sold their best player summer 2009 (Elia) and the lack of money he spent to achieve it. Really interested to see how he fares at Wolfsburg.

I don't know how much say he had, but Ruiz and Stoch were both fantastic signings.

Fully agreed. Getting Rajkovic and Theo Jansson creates a strong backbone to the team n all.

I still can't get over why Chelsea have let Stoch go for £2.5m - absolute madness. It sickens me that we weren't interested. Couldn't fit our bill more either.

I think its a pretty biased article by someone who clearly is holding a grudge against Redknapp, never been a fan of him but the truth is he did manage to win the F.A Cup with fucking Portsmouth as well as lead Tottenham to the champions league and i honestly don't think there are alot of English managers out there that can do that..

Meh, if from all the crap Redknapp has done over the years the only thing you dig up is the s*** he bought at the end of his Wham reign... poor article.

It's an article for a West Ham fan site in fairness. An NUFC one against Graeme Souness would read similarly I'm sure.

Meh, if from all the crap Redknapp has done over the years the only thing you dig up is the s*** he bought at the end of his Wham reign... poor article.

It's an article for a West Ham fan site in fairness. An NUFC one against Graeme Souness would read similarly I'm sure.

Would explain why the article hasn't gone into any detail on Portsmouth and his hand in their downfall.

Guest Heneage

I could name you a similar list from his time at Portsmouth to be honest mate.

Fully agreed. Getting Rajkovic and Theo Jansson creates a strong backbone to the team n all.

I still can't get over why Chelsea have let Stoch go for £2.5m - absolute madness. It sickens me that we weren't interested. Couldn't fit our bill more either.

Couldn't agree more, Janssen was a real find, he just had a great balance of youth and experience. Rajkovic might be one to try a cheeky bid for, but Stoch I think is too similar too routledge just he has more attacking strengths in terms of his shooting and penetration.

He seemed to get the best out of an old N'Kufo.

N'Kufo was consistent throughout his entire career in Holland, his two seasons under McClaren were actually his worst.

The reason they won the title was Bryan Ruiz, if he was behind that signing then hats off. Also he deserves massive credit for going with the Dutch style 4-3-3 rather than his defensive tactics of the past, and also for going with entirely Dutch coaches/staff instead of bringing across his own entourage.

To be honest overall he's really impressed me, the times I saw Twente play last season they were really easy on the eye. Hope he has much success with Wolfsburg.

Guest Heneage

N'Kufo was consistent throughout his entire career in Holland, his two seasons under McClaren were actually his worst.

The reason they won the title was Bryan Ruiz, if he was behind that signing then hats off. Also he deserves massive credit for going with the Dutch style 4-3-3 rather than his defensive tactics of the past, and also for going with entirely Dutch coaches/staff instead of bringing across his own entourage.

To be honest overall he's really impressed me, the times I saw Twente play last season they were really easy on the eye. Hope he has much success with Wolfsburg.

I meant more in terms of what he offered the team. He was a fantastic target man.

Ruiz is fantastic though, him and Stoch combined got nearly 40 goals, admittedly 3/4's came from Ruiz. :lol:

I meant more in terms of what he offered the team. He was a fantastic target man.

Ruiz is fantastic though, him and Stoch combined got nearly 40 goals, admittedly 3/4's came from Ruiz. :lol:

Yeah, N'Kufo was the figurehead of the team.

Strange player though, up until 28 he was a journeyman in Switzerland, Germany and Qatar playing no more than 40 games at 10 different clubs...then just deciding to settle somewhere and become that clubs all time leading goalscorer.. playing over 200 games in the twighlight of his career.

It was as if his career was backwards, Middle East at the start of his career, first World Cup at 35.  :laugh:

Couldn't agree more, Janssen was a real find, he just had a great balance of youth and experience. Rajkovic might be one to try a cheeky bid for, but Stoch I think is too similar too routledge just he has more attacking strengths in terms of his shooting and penetration.

From what I've seen he is a more complete player than Routledge but you could easily accommodate him, Jonas and Routledge in the squad especially considering we have 0 backup for wingers as it is. I'd be startled if his (Stoch's) next move wasn't for at least double what he cost this summer.

-----------------

N'Kufo has joined the MLS now hasn't he?

Guest Heneage

From what I've seen he is a more complete player than Routledge but you could easily accommodate him, Jonas and Routledge in the squad especially considering we have 0 backup for wingers as it is. I'd be startled if his (Stoch's) next move wasn't for at least double what he cost this summer.

-----------------

N'Kufo has joined the MLS now hasn't he?

Again can't disagree with you mate. It would be a laugh to watch him and Jonas on the wings. They both play the opposite wing to their strongest foot.

I think he could have been a really could support striker for Carroll, dropping deep and using his dribbling and fantastic close control to good effect. His pace is clear to see as well, and that would have been good for counter attacking. The fee was reported at around €5.5m which is probably the middle to top level for what our current transfer structure allows, but it would be nice to see us bid for him considering he's 21 meaning a potential re-sale if he turns out to be poor.

I feel like a broken record saying this, but if the club are looking for cheaper players who are looking to impress, they should be looking at Holland and Belgium, not all the best players are at Ajax and PSV, Luis Suarez for example was an 800k signing for Groningen before later being transferred to Ajax for just under €8m.

Steven Defour was an 18 year old at Genk who joined Liege for Free.

Based on what those here deem we need, a left back, a centre back, a winger, a striker, and if at all possible someone to take Smith's role of 'King Tackler' it could be done in these two leagues.

Pocognoli (LB) Liege €1-2m

Salcido(DRLC) PSV €1-2m

Maza (DC) PSV €5-6m

Lucas Biglia (DMC) Anderlecht €6m

Leroy Fer (DMC) Feyenoord €5m

Mbark Boussafa (AMRL) Anderlecht €3-4m

Diego Biesewar (AMRL ST) Feyenoord €5m

Rydell Poepon (st) Sparta €3m