Harry Redknapp

Tooj

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has ­challenged the Spurs board to spend big in January and turn his squad into title winners.

Full story: Daily Mirror

;D

Don't think Levy won't be buying anybody until Redknapp offloads Bentley, Keane etc, all the rumours seem to be loans with options to buy in the summer.

Being widely reported that Benzema is the #1 option, I can't see it happening personally.

Mourinho has already said Benzema is going nowhere and is becoming an important player for him, cant see Spurs(or anyone for that matter) getting him in the next 18 months minimum tbh.                 

Spurs have a pretty good relationship with Real and Mourinho was a guest at Levy's last birthday bash.  Phil McNulty is saying on Twitter that the deal to take Lukaku  to Real Madrid will be done in January.  McNulty tends to give it out when he's confident that it will happen and I think Mourinho would see Lukaku as a young Drogba than Benzema. 

Maybe Benzema will become available, Redknapp would certainly be trying to get him if he did.  Highly likely that he will go elsewhere though, probably Man Utd as Fergie is a self confessed admirer but I wouldn't have thought Spurs would get Van der Vaart for £8m either. 

Think Bentley is near certain to go to Fulham on loan.   

Don't employ Redknapp if you don't want to be very active in the transfer market.

One of the reasons I lol at "If only we had hired Redknapp instead of Keegan"

Harry would've been out the door and back down to London two weeks into the job the second that first January window slammed shut and Chris Mort walked in saying "Sorry we didn't buy anyone, by the way, we've bought Dennis Wise in to do all the transfers"

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has ­challenged the Spurs board to spend big in January and turn his squad into title winners.

;D

Don't think Levy won't be buying anybody until Redknapp offloads Bentley, Keane etc, all the rumours seem to be loans with options to buy in the summer.

Being widely reported that Benzema is the #1 option, I can't see it happening personally.

Mourinho has already said Benzema is going nowhere and is becoming an important player for him, cant see Spurs(or anyone for that matter) getting him in the next 18 months minimum tbh.                 

Spurs have a pretty good relationship with Real and Mourinho was a guest at Levy's last birthday bash.  Phil McNulty is saying on Twitter that the deal to take Lukaku  to Real Madrid will be done in January.  McNulty tends to give it out when he's confident that it will happen and I think Mourinho would see Lukaku as a young Drogba than Benzema. 

Maybe Benzema will become available, Redknapp would certainly be trying to get him if he did.  Highly likely that he will go elsewhere though, probably Man Utd as Fergie is a self confessed admirer but I wouldn't have thought Spurs would get Van der Vaart for £8m either. 

Was it any good?

;D

Was it any good?

Cheese and chutney sandwiches were excellent so I hear  O0

Guest kingdawson

Redknapp's confirmed on talksport tonight that players will be leaving us in january.

Any word on the local grapevine as to who that might be ?

Keane and Dos Santos are near enough certainties to go in January and i think Kranjcar will probably be allowed to leave too.

Redknapp's confirmed on talksport tonight that players will be leaving us in january.

Keane and Dos Santos are near enough certainties to go in January and i think Kranjcar will probably be allowed to leave too.

No one wants to go close to Keane's wages and Keane doesn't want to take a cut so it might be easier said than done.

;D

Redknapp at the Press Conference today that he's not interested in signing Benzema and that no enquiries have been made.  If Redknapp says that, it must be true. :angel:

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has refuted reports suggesting he is looking to sign Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema in January.

The 22-year-old France international has made only one start in La Liga for Jose Mourinho's side so far this season, but Redknapp has said that rumours linking Benzelma with a transfer to White Hart Lane are wide of the mark.

"There's nothing in that," he said. "He's a good player, I like him, he looks a real talent. But certainly we haven't made any enquires at all for him. There's definitely nothing going on there at the moment.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The opening move! Its like 'pretending' to brush your hand against a lasses when you were at school to see if she'd scream, or keep it there. 

keane for deffo.

Used to be a common substitution made by Jol.

Can't believe everyone missed this, gold :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The opening move! Its like 'pretending' to brush your hand against a lasses when you were at school to see if she'd scream, or keep it there. 

I presume you enjoyed your schooldays then?   :smug:

Aye, I love the sound of screams.  :coolsmiley:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I think the issue people have with him, is that if its not going well, he doesn't resort to training the players he has to improve them, or seemingly study his games in depth. No, his first thought is to buy new players.

I think the issue people have with him, is that if its not going well, he doesn't resort to training the players he has to improve them, or seemingly study his games in depth. No, his first thought is to buy new players.

If that was true.. Gareth Bale would have been sold a long time ago tbh.

I don't like Harry, at all, his way of speaking about targets in the media is shite. I also think he's dodgy as fuck. But his ability cannot be questioned IMO, he's a very good manager indeed, his results at Pompey and spuds prove that, yes, he spends a lot, but he spends it well. If we'd have given him the 50/60m we gave souness, it would have meant a very different last 5 years for nufc.

with Redknapp, it's a matter of not judging the book by the cover.

He's clearly got something. I daresay he's not as dumb as he pretends to be, and seems good at instilling confidence in his players.

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/A_F/Ci_Cp/Columbo/columbo-falk6.jpg