Harry Redknapp

Tooj

Who else has had to bankrupt a club to win the FA cup? That's his only trophy in 30 years, not a good record.

He took Spurs from the bottom of the league because Ramos was a clown, they still had a team that Jol had challenged for the top 4 with and the top 4 have gone miles backwards since then.

He's the best English manager but that isn't saying much.

Guest kingdawson

Who else has had to bankrupt a club to win the FA cup? That's his only trophy in 30 years, not a good record.

He took Spurs from the bottom of the league because Ramos was a clown, they still had a team that Jol had challenged for the top 4 with and the top 4 have gone miles backwards since then.

you do know that Berbatov, Keane and Defoe were sold under Ramos and he was given Roman Pavlychenko to work with right?

Bankrupting the club was Mandaric's fault not his I would say, but he's never been the most astute manager in the transfer market and probably never will, not many managers are. As a coach though he has Tottenham comfortably in the top 4, not just challenging.

What did Keegan ever win?

Guest kingdawson

Redknapp took over October 2008. Since that time this has been our ins and outs:

January 2009 transfer window

Ins = Keane 12m , Chimbonda 2m, Palacios 12m, Defoe 9m , Cudicini free

Outs = Ghaly 1m

Net = 34m

Summer 2009 transfer window

Ins = Bassong 8m, Crouch 9m , Kranjcar 2m, Naughton 4m, Walker 3.5m

Outs = Bent 12m , Chimbonda 2m , Kvin Prince Boateng 4.5m, Zokora 8.6m

Net = -0.6m

January 2010 transfer window

Ins : Kaboul 6m

Out : nobody

Net = 6m

Summer 2010 transfer window

Ins = Van der Vaart 8M, Sandro 8.5m , Gallas free

Out = Taarabt 1m

Net = 15.5m

January 2011 transfer window

Ins = Pienaar 2.5m

Out = Nobody

Net = 2.5m

Summer 2011 transfer window

Ins = Parker 5m, Adebayor loan, Fridel free

Out= Crouch 10m, Palacios 8m, Hutton 4m ,

Net = -17m

So in a little over 3 years Harry Redknapp has a net spend of 40m. Don't really think it's that bad at all tbh

Ohh judge it's a lovely little jury, fair play to 'em guv, they've come here and played t'riffic. A source tells me they're unsettled and if they were were available I'd love them daaaan the Lane but we will the have to see what happens. I'll have a little dicky bird with the chairman, he's t'riffic fella, and we'll see what we can do won't we?

Guest dogbeak

So in a little over 3 years Harry Redknapp has a net spend of 40m. Don't really think it's that bad at all tbh

i'd be more worried about him handing out long, lucrative contracts to players hardly in the first flush of youth (parker), some of whom can't even get a regular game (pienaar).

sod the net transfer spend, i'd be worried about other ongoing commitments..

Guest neesy111

So could he actually go down?

Yes.  CPS do not start court cases without believing they have a good chance of winning.