Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dont think Ashleys done anything wrong. We didnt get him, oh well.

It's hard to blame him entirely for this one particular deal, but his transfer policy in general is a fucking joke.

It's very rare that a club will add any money onto an already agreed deal at the behest of the selling club, let alone find another £4/5 million from somewhere so I'm not surprised we stuck to our guns but the fat cunt needs to find the middle ground between doing things on the cheap and throwing silly money at shite.

If he's not prepared to stick his hand in his pocket for the benefit of the team, he shouldn't be the owner of a football club.

He has done wrong in doing nothing to address problems that are 2-3 seasons old.

he made his position clear that he wasnt going to put his hand in his pocket.

..........anymore after he already had to the tune of 100million or so.

Guest BooBoo

Said it a few times before but we rarely succeed under this ownership buying players when other parties are sniffing around. We end up with the duds that nobody else is interested in.

The only time we've pounced is for the "hey, this looks like a great opportunity to make £4million" signing of Gosling.

Mike Ashley would have lost in some way however this would have gone through.

How?

Ashley is a business man, and as soon as things started to get out of hand at the club his "dream of owning a football club" transformed into a plain business plan.

He know no matter what he does he will be hated, i mean, can he really regain trust from the fans again? Not a chance.

So what was he supposed to do, give up on it and just run with a massive loss?

This is my opinion about the HBA deal though, not saying it's correct or anything, it's just MY opinion.

I think a real business man only can be pushed to a certain degree before a line need to be drawn.

With all these quotes from O'M president etc. that only seemed valid til the next day or so i can see why MA got fed up.

Sign the player and please the fans, bending for the "pressure" of O'M, or refuse to play games with them and show other clubs that were not in for that.

Even if it is a small amount of money which separates the deal the french have made him look bad, business/public wise.

But then you have us, the fans, who demands signings and rightfully so because we all see we need it.

So no matter how he would have done i think it was a lose/lose situation for MA and he probably decided that he would see it as a business man instead of pleasing us.

Even if we would have signed HBA we would hate Ashley, and by not signing him we will still hate him.

Meh, i`m not saying MA is totally blameless in this matter but tbh the french has pretty much toyed around with us probably from the first day knowing that a bid would come in.

It was against all logic that no one else would go in for HBA.

:clap:

Fucking kne we wouldnt get him, especially when Ozil left. A player that could potentially keep us up and we've fucked around.

28th Of July was when we first registered interest for fucks sake, we should have tied it up before Marsielle even had offers for Niang.

Bollocks. 17th Of August and we've signed James Perch. 

Guest neesy111

Marseille have done f*** all wrong tbh. Why would you be prepared to loan out a player like that unless you absolutely had to? They were always going to wait to see if someone would pay the relative pittance he was going for.

Sometimes words fail me.

Every other f***ing post tbh.

His post is exactly what's wrong with a lot on here you included. It's always Ashley's fault, you can't see the wood for the trees and always see the pessimism in any transfer situation regarding Newcastle.

What a f***ing dimwit you are.

Whose fault is it then that we wouldn't pay a ridiculously low fee for a young French international?

It's nothing to do with paying fee's.

Marseille said to him, go and find a new club. He didn't say I want to leave, they told him to go, so he did everything became agreed, then some other clubs came sniffing around and they got greedy and decided to start moving the goalposts so to speak. The interested parties such as Benfica decided against it when they found out his wage demands, all the while we were still under the idea of a loan for 800k. They started demanding more money claiming more interest when there really wasn't. Rightly or wrongly, I believe rightly we said no because we had a deal in place, and the player was doing it all on his own by refusing to train.

I think we were right to hold our position, they wanted an outright purchase, we didn't, and with good reason. He's a fantastic talent no doubt about that I'd love to have him here, but he has undeniable attitude problems, there's nothing stopping him pulling this with us when a bigger club comes in. If come September 1st , we have no one of similar potential or in that position, then I will openly criticise the club for not having contingency plans should this deal collapse.

But to make out like we've dithered and made excuses is daft. They've tried to be greedy and we've not budged.

Trying to get him on loan to me showed we weren't totally confident in him

With good reason, too. Given his record of trouble at previous clubs, it would have been madness to try and buy him. Marseilles haven't exactly been stampeded with offers - most clubs were steering well clear.

I've never been convinced that this move would work out, so I'm not too bothered.

so would you prefer a team of kevin nolan's to players of quality  :facepalm:

that's right out of the gordon lee / graeme souness hand book of how not to manage

we finished 5th with gordon lee, our best season well over 20years.

then with the team he left, got relegated the next season!!! selling our best star player as well

Wouldn't be so bad if his reign didn't take place a decade before Mr and Mrs Nee bumped uglies.

gordon lee is hated by many older toon fans, my dad bangs on about him all the time! says he set the club back 15 years

so the team he build gets to fifth, then he leaves and the wheels come off  means he was a bad manager ?

he didn't get the team to fifth though didn't he, he left half way through the season, then the same manager that took over got the team to fifth and then relegated the next season!

is that why gordon lee's management record is hopefully awful as well

I'm so f***ed off, I'm sick of getting the piss ripped out of me by that fat cockney c***.  You think you finally see a light at the end of a very f***ing long tunnel and you get this s***.

The final straw doesn't seem too far away.

The final straw for me was relegation, it should've been for everyone else too but people were willing to give him an easy ride when we were the best team in an inferior league. Missing out on HBA is bugger all in the grand scheme of big Ashley f*** ups, why people are only starting to get het up now I have no idea.

Heh, weren't you defending him the last couple of days?

No, I just find the suicidal nature of some people on here over this one deal a bit pathetic. He's done much worse things, many of which have already been excused or forgotten about. I think some people struggle to see the sun for the moon at times.

I was shouting for his head on a stick the best part of 24 months ago, just because I can no longer be arsed to fly into a rage whenever we do something which can be mildly construed as typically Ashleylike doesn't mean I like the fucker.

If he's not prepared to stick his hand in his pocket for the benefit of the team, he shouldn't be the owner of a football club.

He has done wrong in doing nothing to address problems that are 2-3 seasons old.

he made his position clear that he wasnt going to put his hand in his pocket

This season aye.

What happened to the Milner money and Given dosh that was promised to go back into the team? 20m a season kitty was also promised?

They've got Champions League football and the chance to replace Ozil to offer, can see why he'd turn us down for that now. Fucking Mourinho. :lol:

We don't have a bid accepted to its not an issue of turning us down, its a case of where he's prepared to go, and according to that article he's prepared to go to Bremen.  If we actually matched the offer (which will never happen) I'm inclined to think he'd go here.

There was always a big chance of this happening.  Clubs were offering for him and we were basically just sitting back and praying no club he's prepared to sign for made an offer so they'd have to accept ours, ridiculous way to do things really.  We've missed out on a player that could have transformed us.

How?

Ashley is a business man, and as soon as things started to get out of hand at the club his "dream of owning a football club" transformed into a plain business plan.

He know no matter what he does he will be hated, i mean, can he really regain trust from the fans again? Not a chance.

This is my opinion about the HBA deal though, not saying it's correct or anything, it's just MY opinion.

I think a real business man only can be pushed to a certain degree before a line need to be drawn.

With all these quotes from O'M president etc. that only seemed valid til the next day or so i can see why MA got fed up.

Sign the player and please the fans, bending for the "pressure" of O'M, or refuse to play games with them and show other clubs that were not in for that.

Even if it is a small amount of money which separates the deal the french have made him look bad, business/public wise.

But then you have us, the fans, who demands signings and rightfully so because we all see we need it.

So no matter how he would have done i think it was a lose/lose situation for MA and he probably decided that he would see it as a business man instead of pleasing us.

Even if we would have signed HBA we would hate Ashley, and by not signing him we will still hate him.

Meh, i`m not saying MA is totally blameless in this matter but tbh the french has pretty much toyed around with us probably from the first day knowing that a bid would come in.

How is that clappable? He's saying 'meh, if we signed him we would hate Ashley and if we didn't we would hate Ashley'. To be honest, I don't give a fuck about how people feel about Ashley. The guy owns our football club, his own choice, yet he seems oblivious to the fact that you need to spend money to stay in this league.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

We need a new rumour :/

Clubs up for sale after Mike Ashley read this thread and apparently took the huff

he made his position clear that he wasnt going to put his hand in his pocket

This season aye.

What happened to the Milner money and Given dosh that was promised to go back into the team? 20m a season kitty was also promised?

went to cover wages that were paid to players, the clubs made large losses last few years and the money to pay that had to come from somewhere

Marseille have done f*** all wrong tbh. Why would you be prepared to loan out a player like that unless you absolutely had to? They were always going to wait to see if someone would pay the relative pittance he was going for.

Sometimes words fail me.

Every other f***ing post tbh.

His post is exactly what's wrong with a lot on here you included. It's always Ashley's fault, you can't see the wood for the trees and always see the pessimism in any transfer situation regarding Newcastle.

What a f***ing dimwit you are.

Whose fault is it then that we wouldn't pay a ridiculously low fee for a young French international?

It's nothing to do with paying fee's.

Marseille said to him, go and find a new club. He didn't say I want to leave, they told him to go, so he did everything became agreed, then some other clubs came sniffing around and they got greedy and decided to start moving the goalposts so to speak. The interested parties such as Benfica decided against it when they found out his wage demands, all the while we were still under the idea of a loan for 800k. They started demanding more money claiming more interest when there really wasn't. Rightly or wrongly, I believe rightly we said no because we had a deal in place, and the player was doing it all on his own by refusing to train.

I think we were right to hold our position, they wanted an outright purchase, we didn't, and with good reason. He's a fantastic talent no doubt about that I'd love to have him here, but he has undeniable attitude problems, there's nothing stopping him pulling this with us when a bigger club comes in. If come September 1st , we have no one of similar potential or in that position, then I will openly criticise the club for not having contingency plans should this deal collapse.

But to make out like we've dithered and made excuses is daft. They've tried to be greedy and we've not budged.

Trying to get him on loan to me showed we weren't totally confident in him

With good reason, too. Given his record of trouble at previous clubs, it would have been madness to try and buy him. Marseilles haven't exactly been stampeded with offers - most clubs were steering well clear.

I've never been convinced that this move would work out, so I'm not too bothered.

so would you prefer a team of kevin nolan's to players of quality  :facepalm:

that's right out of the gordon lee / graeme souness hand book of how not to manage

we finished 5th with gordon lee, our best season well over 20years.

then with the team he left, got relegated the next season!!! selling our best star player as well

Wouldn't be so bad if his reign didn't take place a decade before Mr and Mrs Nee bumped uglies.

gordon lee is hated by many older toon fans, my dad bangs on about him all the time! says he set the club back 15 years

so the team he build gets to fifth, then he leaves and the wheels come off  means he was a bad manager ?

he didn't get the team to fifth though didn't he, he left half way through the season, then the same manager that took over got the team to fifth and then relegated the next season!

is that why gordon lee's management record is hopefully awful as well

from memory so i could be wrong he left towards easter with us in 3rd and took everton to 3rd and 4th place finishes.

Guest neesy111

How?

How is that clappable? He's saying 'meh, if we signed him we would hate Ashley and if we didn't we would hate Ashley'. To be honest, I don't give a fuck about how people feel about Ashley. The guy owns our football club, his own choice, yet he seems oblivious to the fact that you need to spend money to stay in this league.

probably because he doesn't have a clue about football in the first place