Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can anyone else see HBA sticking 2 fingers up to Marseille and saying f*** you, your not profiting from me, i want to go to Newcastle, nowhere else?

No.

Unlikely i know, but the lad does seem set on joining us!

Can anyone else see HBA sticking 2 fingers up to Marseille and saying f*** you, your not profiting from me, i want to go to Newcastle, nowhere else?

No.

According to the France Football article, he has already agreed a deal with Werder Bremen.

No.

When we were the only ones after him from a "major" league, yeah.

No.

In the end this is football, though. And no hollywood movie, where it would probably happen.

Guest sicko2ndbest

No.

According to the France Football article, he has already agreed a deal with Werder Bremen.

Needs to be a thread title change then!

Guest BooBoo

Fucking keep the "excitement/ Sky Sports News bullshit of deadline day".

Give me a settled organised side ready to start the season on day one and not the 1st September.

It's clapable because they're both utterly clueless.

Didn't expect that from you at least Ronaldo  :rolleyes:

What is your point of view then?

in case you missed Ron, i would like to know.

He said we have two weeks to save our season.

i would imagine we have until Sunday the 22 of May 2011.

Change your sig please, it hurts seeing what we missed out on, stood next to a shit goalkeeper and two third rate plodders.

Guest neesy111

forget the villa game, if wolves beat us then that really should be a wake-up call to everyone at the club about what we are expecting this season

Dont think Ashleys done anything wrong. We didnt get him, oh well.

If he's not prepared to stick his hand in his pocket for the benefit of the team, he shouldn't be the owner of a football club.

He has done wrong in doing nothing to address problems that are 2-3 seasons old.

he made his position clear that he wasnt going to put his hand in his pocket

This season aye.

What happened to the Milner money and Given dosh that was promised to go back into the team? 20m a season kitty was also promised?

went to cover wages that were paid to players, the clubs made large losses last few years and the money to pay that had to come from somewhere

The wages are covered through the general income the club makes, so that's a load of bollocks tbf

the club had for several years spent considerably more than it had coming in. the catch 22 comes when needing to invest to try to make money to pay it off or what to do when it doesn't work.

Mainly due to blowing massive transfer fees on shite for so many years and selling players for next to nowt, the wages however would be covered by general income.

f***ing keep the "excitement/ Sky Sports News bullshit of deadline day".

Give me a settled organised side ready to start the season on day one and not the 1st September.

:thup: Fucking exactly.

It was ridiculous we hadn't got what we needed by the first game tbh.

Ironically that's what the transfer window has done to a lot of teams. All the big moves used to be made well before the season started and you'd see all the new boys on the first day. Now we have everyone holding out on each other meaning we have to wait until we are 3-4 games into the season before team defining moves are made.

:lol: having the player fly over here of his own free will and go on strike to join us....and yet ashley still can't land him. talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  :doh: unfortunately nothing the amateurs in charge at this club do can be surprising anymore.

Guest neesy111

Ironically that's what the transfer window has done to a lot of teams. All the big moves used to be made well before the season started and you'd see all the new boys on the first day. Now we have everyone holding out on each other meaning we have to wait until we are 3-4 games into the season before team defining moves are made.

the whole idea of a transfer window is a joke

Mike Ashley would have lost in some way however this would have gone through.

How?

Ashley is a business man, and as soon as things started to get out of hand at the club his "dream of owning a football club" transformed into a plain business plan.

He know no matter what he does he will be hated, i mean, can he really regain trust from the fans again? Not a chance.

So what was he supposed to do, give up on it and just run with a massive loss?

This is my opinion about the HBA deal though, not saying it's correct or anything, it's just MY opinion.

I think a real business man only can be pushed to a certain degree before a line need to be drawn.

With all these quotes from O'M president etc. that only seemed valid til the next day or so i can see why MA got fed up.

Sign the player and please the fans, bending for the "pressure" of O'M, or refuse to play games with them and show other clubs that were not in for that.

Even if it is a small amount of money which separates the deal the french have made him look bad, business/public wise.

But then you have us, the fans, who demands signings and rightfully so because we all see we need it.

So no matter how he would have done i think it was a lose/lose situation for MA and he probably decided that he would see it as a business man instead of pleasing us.

Even if we would have signed HBA we would hate Ashley, and by not signing him we will still hate him.

Meh, i`m not saying MA is totally blameless in this matter but tbh the french has pretty much toyed around with us probably from the first day knowing that a bid would come in.

It was against all logic that no one else would go in for HBA.

:clap:

How is that clappable? He's saying 'meh, if we signed him we would hate Ashley and if we didn't we would hate Ashley'. To be honest, I don't give a fuck about how people feel about Ashley. The guy owns our football club, his own choice, yet he seems oblivious to the fact that you need to spend money to stay in this league.

Because he is right. If we signed him then MA would only be hated for the next player we missed out on. It wasn't that long ago a few of you on here were praising him for signing Gosling saying he could be a decent player for us, and also praising him for getting Campbell in saying he has the experience we need.

If he's not prepared to stick his hand in his pocket for the benefit of the team, he shouldn't be the owner of a football club.

He has done wrong in doing nothing to address problems that are 2-3 seasons old.

This season aye.

What happened to the Milner money and Given dosh that was promised to go back into the team? 20m a season kitty was also promised?

went to cover wages that were paid to players, the clubs made large losses last few years and the money to pay that had to come from somewhere

The wages are covered through the general income the club makes, so that's a load of bollocks tbf

the club had for several years spent considerably more than it had coming in. the catch 22 comes when needing to invest to try to make money to pay it off or what to do when it doesn't work.

Mainly due to blowing massive transfer fees on shite for so many years and selling players for next to nowt, the wages however would be covered by general income.

and everything else that has to be paid for?

Guest neesy111

Mike Ashley would have lost in some way however this would have gone through.

How?

Ashley is a business man, and as soon as things started to get out of hand at the club his "dream of owning a football club" transformed into a plain business plan.

He know no matter what he does he will be hated, i mean, can he really regain trust from the fans again? Not a chance.

So what was he supposed to do, give up on it and just run with a massive loss?

This is my opinion about the HBA deal though, not saying it's correct or anything, it's just MY opinion.

I think a real business man only can be pushed to a certain degree before a line need to be drawn.

With all these quotes from O'M president etc. that only seemed valid til the next day or so i can see why MA got fed up.

Sign the player and please the fans, bending for the "pressure" of O'M, or refuse to play games with them and show other clubs that were not in for that.

Even if it is a small amount of money which separates the deal the french have made him look bad, business/public wise.

But then you have us, the fans, who demands signings and rightfully so because we all see we need it.

So no matter how he would have done i think it was a lose/lose situation for MA and he probably decided that he would see it as a business man instead of pleasing us.

Even if we would have signed HBA we would hate Ashley, and by not signing him we will still hate him.

Meh, i`m not saying MA is totally blameless in this matter but tbh the french has pretty much toyed around with us probably from the first day knowing that a bid would come in.

It was against all logic that no one else would go in for HBA.

:clap:

How is that clappable? He's saying 'meh, if we signed him we would hate Ashley and if we didn't we would hate Ashley'. To be honest, I don't give a fuck about how people feel about Ashley. The guy owns our football club, his own choice, yet he seems oblivious to the fact that you need to spend money to stay in this league.

Because he is right. If we signed him then MA would only be hated for the next player we missed out on. It wasn't that long ago a few of you on here were praising him for signing Gosling saying he could be a decent player for us, and also praising him for getting Campbell in saying he has the experience we need.

ONE BIG DIFFERENCE

they were free transfers, this involved paying a fee for a player

This season aye.

Mainly due to blowing massive transfer fees on s**** for so many years and selling players for next to nowt, the wages however would be covered by general income.

we were spending close to 70% of the entire turnover on wages. thats not sustainable.

Guest neesy111

This season aye.

Mainly due to blowing massive transfer fees on s**** for so many years and selling players for next to nowt, the wages however would be covered by general income.

we were spending close to 70% of the entire turnover on wages. thats not sustainable.

ashley has been at the club 3 years, if that isn't enough time to sort the payroll, then he shouldn't be managing any business tbh

Guest pont-toon

Would be the best for every team/manager if the transfer window started two weeks earlier and ended as soon as the league started.

.....and also German clubs were exclued from buying players from French clubs

Would be the best for every team/manager if the transfer window started two weeks earlier and ended as soon as the league started.

Exactly.

Agree to a degree, but it's not really enforceable or practical throughout Europe since leagues start at different times.

The current way ain't working though.

Guest pont-toon

Lets just delete this thread and pretend we never had the gaul to actually believe this shabolic regime could actually pull off a decent transfer. 

pun ?

This season aye.

ashley has been at the club 3 years, if that isn't enough time to sort the payroll, then he shouldn't be managing any business tbh

but he is sorting the payroll..........that is the root of your ire.