Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Magpies have Ben Arfa option

Hughton happy to have brought in France winger

Chris Hughton has confirmed Newcastle United do have the option to sign on-loan winger Hatem Ben Arfa on a permanent basis.

Ben Arfa joined the Magpies from Marseille before the close of the transfer window and marked his first start for the club with a stunning winner at Everton on Saturday.

He was attracting interest from several clubs, with Werder Bremen having made a concerted attempt to bring the France international to the Bundesliga.

However, Ben Arfa always made a switch to St James' Park his priority and Hughton is happy with the wide-man's early impact.

"We have a loan with an option to sign him," said Hughton after the 1-0 win at Everton.

"We had a lot of competition to get him, but the lad was desperate to join us, which is why we pushed so hard for him.

"He had a very good full debut. We brought him here because we don't have many options on the left.

"He was a big part of a good team performance. Goodison isn't always the best place to come after a home defeat, but we were excellent from first to last."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6386678,00.html

90mph?

Probably more like 60-70 to be honest, around about the 90 mark and it would probably be the fastest shot ever recorded

Martins' goal against Spurs in his first season was about 89mph I believe.

EDIT: Just checked ,it was 84mph.

Breath of fresh air ,fantastic starting debut and imho this guy will give us so much pleasure if we can keep our momentum going ,he will rip opposing midfielders and defenders apart and this sort of player we have been craving for many a year  :clap:

One of the best moments for me was when he was pushing Barton away from a confrontation with the Everton player trying to calm him down. I assumed HBA was a bit of a head case so it was great to see him showing some responsibility for the team.

One of the best moments for me was when he was pushing Barton away from a confrontation with the Everton player trying to calm him down. I assumed HBA was a bit of a head case so it was great to see him showing some responsibility for the team.

You have to be a nutter to get between Joey Barton and a victim :D credit to him for that though being a new lad that was a very good thing to see.