Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

ALAN Pardew insists the blows inflicted on Newcastle by the absence of Cheick Tioté and the imminent surgery required by Sylvain Marveaux have been softened by signs that Hatem Ben Arfa is approaching his best.

And as the Frenchman prepares to return to the scene of his double leg break for the first time, and with the player responsible – Nigel de Jong – seeking a reconciliation, Pardew is confident his player is carrying no mental hangover from the incident.

United travel to the Etihad Stadium tomorrow without Tioté, who is still out with a knee injury, and with Marveaux facing a groin operation next week which is likely to sideline him on a long-term basis.

However, 13 months after de Jong’s horror tackle, Pardew believes Ben Arfa is close to being back to his best, and with the Dutchman having sent a written apology to the Newcastle star, the pair are expected to shake hands over the matter after tomorrow’s game.

Asked how Ben Arfa is ahead of his return to the ground where he suffered a broken tibia and fibula, Pardew said: “Good, I had a little chat with him on Thursday morning and I thought it would be wise to just check that he’s OK.

“He’s trained very well and he assures me there will be absolutely no problem.

“When you train with Cheick Tioté, you are going to get clattered now and again so he has had a couple of Cheick tackles and seems to have come through them all right.

“I think he is a player who only now is getting near his best because, even in training, he has been good and then two or three days later, not really been at the same pace as the other players.

“But he has been a lot better recently, more up to speed.

“The first few weeks, I just let him get on with it. We are quite disciplined on the training field. We want our players to have energy and work really hard.

“We have had to let Hatem find his feet and I think that is only right. When you get long-term injuries I think that is the best way to be.

“But he has not really caused me a problem, he has been very understanding. I do not know how long that will continue but at the moment he has been.”

Interesting comments  :lol:

Guest hatem garrincha

ALAN Pardew insists the blows inflicted on Newcastle by the absence of Cheick Tioté and the imminent surgery required by Sylvain Marveaux have been softened by signs that Hatem Ben Arfa is approaching his best.

And as the Frenchman prepares to return to the scene of his double leg break for the first time, and with the player responsible – Nigel de Jong – seeking a reconciliation, Pardew is confident his player is carrying no mental hangover from the incident.

United travel to the Etihad Stadium tomorrow without Tioté, who is still out with a knee injury, and with Marveaux facing a groin operation next week which is likely to sideline him on a long-term basis.

However, 13 months after de Jong’s horror tackle, Pardew believes Ben Arfa is close to being back to his best, and with the Dutchman having sent a written apology to the Newcastle star, the pair are expected to shake hands over the matter after tomorrow’s game.

Asked how Ben Arfa is ahead of his return to the ground where he suffered a broken tibia and fibula, Pardew said: “Good, I had a little chat with him on Thursday morning and I thought it would be wise to just check that he’s OK.

“When you train with Cheick Tioté, you are going to get clattered now and again so he has had a couple of Cheick tackles and seems to have come through them all right.

“I think he is a player who only now is getting near his best because, even in training, he has been good and then two or three days later, not really been at the same pace as the other players.

“The first few weeks, I just let him get on with it. We are quite disciplined on the training field. We want our players to have energy and work really hard.

“We have had to let Hatem find his feet and I think that is only right. When you get long-term injuries I think that is the best way to be.

“But he has not really caused me a problem, he has been very understanding. I do not know how long that will continue but at the moment he has been.”

Very interesting. I think Hatem will not play many games this season. Not good enough for Newcastle, luxury player, bad character etc. Next summer, Pardew will tell him to search another club but he won't find, even in the championship. The end of his carrer is very close.

Very interesting. I think Hatem will not play many games this season. Not good enough for Newcastle, luxury player, bad character etc. Next summer, Pardew will tell him to search another club but he won't find, even in the championship. The end of his carrer is very close.

http://www.nationofblue.com/content/attachments/7516d1312510220-gary-coleman.jpg

Guest hatem garrincha

Gregory Coupet's also had a little go, effectively calling him a Playstation player.

Coupet never liked young players in general, he always had right wing discourse about young people. Nothing new.

But who cares about Coupet opinion on football matters ? He's one of the worst goalkeeper of French national team history.

Guest hatem garrincha

Lloris is pretty f***ing good, though. Exceptional.

Yes but Coupet was f***ing shite with the national team. He always has been a second choice.

Guest hatem garrincha

26 caps more than your pal. O0

Have Heskey and Barry got more international caps too?

Ronaldo is comparing the caps between an ex- keeper (a poor one, cf Euro 2008) who ended his career and a young player of 24 years old with a lot of time ahead, as it was the reverse.

And the second part -

On Ben Arfa’s decision to decline de Jong’s request to meet before tomorrow’s game, preferring instead to do so after, Pardew added: “I agreed with it but it wasn’t under instruction from me. De Jong actually said ‘I will come to the hotel or see you before the game’, but Hatem said, ‘No, I will see you after’.

“I don’t think you should (before the game). We’re going into battle and also I think after the game is probably a good time for those kind of things.

“You can carry some demons after an injury like that and I have had a chat with him and he has assured me he has no problems going back there.

“He has no problems with the particular player. That player has contacted him, which I appreciate. He has said he wants to see Hatem and we’ve said after the game, not before. Hopefully that will then come to rest.

“I wasn’t the manager at the time but I thought it was a bad tackle and unfortunately Hatem suffered a severe injury. More than a year down the line, and it has taken a long time, I think Hatem is getting back to his best which is good news for us.”

Meanwhile, Pardew has defended striker Nile Ranger after the player appeared in court to deny charges of assault and being drunk and disorderly.

Pardew said Ranger, 20, had a future at the club if he could learn to live with the responsibility of being a professional sportsman in the Premier League.

The London-born forward pleaded not guilty to two counts of common assault, two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and a separate count of being drunk and disorderly at Newcastle Magistrates yesterday.

Pardew said: “This is a guy who has got real talent and he needs to understand that there is a professionalism that comes with his football. I think he does understand that now.”

He said he would try to arrange a short-term loan deal for Ranger to give him a taste of first first-team football.