Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Benarfanufc10

Cabaye is not s***, though.

For the bigger games I'd like us to put Cab, Guthrie and Cheik in a trio. If Tiote is still here of course.

I speak the performance today and city mu and him isn't come back of injury

Aye. As usual it's the fault of the other 10 players. Pathetic.

Not you are stupid 3 games without tiote and the system with 10 he takes time (kick and rush stat ben arfa 6 BALLLLLL what fuck)

Why Pardew not want ben arfa in the wing

After with best and not Ben arfa vs chelsea mu city same result

You tell 'em.

He could play the position mata/sturridge played today when everyone is fit. Start wide but with license to drift inside

aye starting to think wide right in a 4-3-3 with licence to drift inside and attack would be his best position.

Guest Benarfanufc10

He could play the position mata/sturridge played today when everyone is fit. Start wide but with license to drift inside

exactly because chelsea as nufc they are collective bad (without tiote)

Where statistics player game possession loss ball ?

It's a non-issue for me, i don't see the confusion.

Ben Arfa is struggling to get any sort of momentum back in his game, probably for a mixture of three reasons. Firstly, although it's hard to tell he's probably not fully fit, however it shouldn't be an excuse on it's own because alot of players can come straight back onto form but you can't ignore the fact that he has been out for a year and still only started a handful of games. He needs time and alot of it before he will get anywhere near his top form.

Secondly, he's lacking confidence. Anybody who's played any sort of sport/game well will tell you that after a period out you just struggle to reach the same heights. Not always through fitness but also through mental rustyness. The guy needs to start thinking like he used before he will start playing like he used to. He needs to rediscover that "eye of the tiger".

Lastly and most importantly, in order to overcome my first two points, he needs to get more time on the ball. He's not getting it enough at the moment, therefore when he does get the ball he is rushing himself. Perhaps he needs some time on wing, where he can run at a player without the same risk of losing the ball in a vital area. Right now he's receiving the ball in horrible positions, with his back to goal or from knock downs, hardly ideal.

It's a non-issue for me, i don't see the confusion.

Ben Arfa is struggling to get any sort of momentum back in his game, probably for a mixture of three reasons. Firstly, although it's hard to tell he's probably not fully fit, however it shouldn't be an excuse on it's own because alot of players can come straight back onto form but you can't ignore the fact that he has been out for a year and still only started a handful of games. He needs time and alot of it before he will get anywhere near his top form.

Secondly, he's lacking confidence. Anybody who's played any sort of sport/game well will tell you that after a period out you just struggle to reach the same heights. Not always through fitness but also through mental rustyness. The guy needs to start thinking like he used before he will start playing like he used to. He needs to rediscover that "eye of the tiger".

Lastly and most importantly, in order to overcome my first two points, he needs to get more time on the ball. He's not getting it enough at the moment, therefore when he does get the ball he is rushing himself. Perhaps he needs some time on wing, where he can run at a player without the same risk of losing the ball in a vital area. Right now he's receiving the ball in horrible positions, with his back to goal or from knock downs, hardly ideal.

Good post.

He is getting caught in possession a few times but I still think he's finding his feet again and needs to get match fitness over a couple of months. It's not an issue for me either because I still see a quality player in there and I'm sure he'll find his niche given time.

Good posts from some,he needs time. Leaving Lovenkrands on the pitch instead of HBA was a horrendous call,especially with Obertan on the other side. Howay Alan,we need one winger who can do something.

What was Barfa doing to justify staying on the pitch.

I can see why Pards wanted to go with two strikers, Chelsea couldn't handle one. HBA was hit and miss, he nearly created a goal when we hit the post though.

Let's not forget his return to the team has been in three of the toughest games in the season.

Aye, flicked past a comment that said no one knew what he was going to do or where he was going to send the ball, don't recall too many misplaced passes or fuck ups. When he had the ball in the middle, I seem to remember him holding onto the ball, releasing it well out wide, just a shame we had shit wingers, same with some of the sublime balls from Cabaye and Guthrie. He wasn't great, but I don't recall him being any more of a detriment to the team than anyone else.

Guest Benarfanufc10

Chelsea were there for the taking, man. So many excuses for the lad.

What  ;D  if you find it is not appropriate for your team

:iamatwat: sell in January

He didn't do much wrong at all IMO, sometimes he has to hold onto the ball longer than other players because he's waitin for the opportunity to play a killer pass. For that, sometimes you have to let the game develop.

Slightly disappointed he hasn't exploded to life quite yet, but these have been three tough games an expectations on hm are sky high.

Slightly disappointed he hasn't exploded to life quite yet, but these have been three tough games an expectations on hm are sky high.

Doesn't help much when you (and others) call him world class, like.

It doesn't help when you say daft stuff like Chelsea were there for the taking either. They could have scored 8 in case you didn't notice, they still have some players who are too good for our crap players to handle.

Wow, how pointless and irrelevant.

FWIW my opinion is that he's capable of world class play, but I don't expect him to produce it straight away gainst the best teams in the league.

It doesn't help when you say daft stuff like Chelsea were there for the taking either. They could have scored 8 in case you didn't notice, they still have some players who are too good for our crap players to handle.

We could have beaten that Chelsea side today. A terrible team selection, stupid tactics, missed chances and abysmal defending cost us.