Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

That's the level of misunderstanding and immaturity I'd expect from a teenager.

Stop pretending we played a top team today. We didn't. They'll be out of the top 5 by January at the latest.

We did play a top team today, we played a team that were on 1 point less than us and one place below us before kick-off.  Before kick-off we were 4th and they were 5th and that's on form so far this season.  Where they are or aren't by January is irrelevant to how they've played so far this season.

Stop pretending we played a top team today. We didn't. They'll be out of the top 5 by January at the latest.

We did play a top team today, we played a team that were on 1 point less than us and one place below us before kick-off.  Before kick-off we were 4th and they were 5th and that's on form so far this season.  Where they are or aren't by January is irrelevant to how they've played so far this season.

If you think Chelsea have looked like a top team recently you simply haven't been watching the matches. Arsenal put 5 past them; defensive Livepool put 4 past them at Stamford Bridge in 2 games; QPR beat them; Man U demolished them; in europe they've been absolutely all over the place.

They aren't a top team anymore.

If you think Chelsea have looked like a top team recently you simply haven't been watching the matches. Arsenal put 5 past them; defensive Livepool put 4 past them at Stamford Bridge in 2 games; QPR beat them; Man U demolished them; in europe they've been absolutely all over the place.

But they still have some top players capable of bumming our bad ones. They are very capable of beating any of the top sides barring City as well. Poor form doesn't make them finished by any means. Stop acting as if they are on a par with Villa, they are still clearly a class above.

Chelsea are not as good as they have been and I haven't said that I think Chelsea have looked like a top team recently, they've looked anything but.  Today though, I thought the players who could hurt us did hurt us.  Whether the form they've shown recently is temporary or permanent, I'm not sure as it's too early to say, it could go either way for them.

I thought that we were unlucky today and the result would have been different if Coloccini had played the full game.  With him we would probably have played a 0-0.

But they still have some top players capable of bumming our bad ones. They are very capable of beating any of the top sides barring City as well. Poor form doesn't make them finished by any means. Stop acting as if they are on a par with Villa, they are still clearly a class above.

They're the 6th best team in the league in my view. Sad state if we can't aim to get a result against such a team at home.

Guest Howaythetoon

Chelsea are still a top side whith incredably good players and amazing squad depth. They may not be a great side but they are a top one. I'd like to think we are a good side but somewhat short of a top side like Chelsea as the scoreline and result proved. As for Ben Arfa, he's clearly talented and obviously a good player but I don't think he's suited to playing just behind the striker, he either needs to be deployed on the flank or given a free role. I'd personaly play him on the flank and instruct him to work hard up and down the flank, using his pace and trcikery to work the flank like Jonas does to decent effect. I don't think we are quite good enough overall to have a player playing a free role myself although that is where I think he would be best suited.

Quick comment on the posters who are banging on about "hoof ball" and kick and chase tactics.

Possession stats at the end of the first half NUFC 38% v 62% CFC. At full time NUFC 53% v 47% CFC.

We were better with Shola in the side and HBA out in this match. We kept the ball better and created more chances.

Pardew has a challenge on his hands to make the side work with HBA in the team.

They're the 6th best team in the league in my view. Sad state if we can't aim to get a result against such a team at home.

I thought Chelsea were excellent. They were solid and sat back and said come and break us down and when you can't (which for large portions of the game we couldn't) we'll pick you off on the break.

They had the luck with Luiz's yellow card and we did hit the bar 4 times, but at times it was them against Krul.

Have to say although the quality of opposition has been high I don't think Ben Arfa has really impressed in the last three games.

We offered much more with Shola on the pitch in the second half today and personally I'd drop him for Best at Norwich.

Jesus, 3 or 4 more Ben Arfa pages! Aint even going to read them because this post above pretty much sums it up.

We do look a better team with Best or Shola alongside Ba.

We have to keep Ben Arfa on the pitch though.  Couldn't we use him like Chelsea use Mata?

Cabaye - Tiote - Jonas

Ben Arfa - Best - Ba

. . .as a possibility.