Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Persistent fucker aren't you.  Fail to reply to he last part, you've posted so many wind up posts, you seem to have lost track on what your actual opinion is  :lol:

I suppose we could just let 5-6 chances a game come from our left hand side and just hope Krul has a great game everytime and the opposition players leave their shooting boots at home  :laugh: if we're being pedantic, I'm pretty sure Sturridge cut in from their right hand side, although like you say, why would you even mention the last two goals when we were playing with 10  :idiot2:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Trolling tbh.

Yeah, I don't mind feeding the troll now and then.

Yeh but he jumps the shark too quickly this fella.

Guest icemanblue

Lovenkrands had a decent game going forward, by his standards. However, he decided he was going to play as a second/third striker, rather than offer any defensive help. That resulted in the, god knows how many, chances for Sturridge.

Is this a sexual thrill to you CT?

Just trying to understand the thought process of purposefully talking shit on the internet, i'm guessing there are perks?

I leave the sexual thrills to the fanboys. :azn:

If there is a particular point that troubles you, fire away. Im guessing its just anything that doesnt praise Benny.

Playing out wide there's also less pressure on him to "run the entire game" so that if a play breaks down all the focus is on him. I'd much rather see his talent used to run at people or creating chances for two strikers.

Aye, in the number 10 role, there's a lot of pressure on the player to create something out of nothing and to string the perfect pass. As it stands, it is probably too much pressure for someone like Ben Arfa who hasn't played regular football until recently.

Play him on the wing and build his confidence up more than anything, then you can think about easing him into the number 10 role imo.

What do you see as Hatem Ben Arfa’s best position?

He’s a number ten, playing behind the centre forward. He is a very special player and that’s the only place I see him playing, he’s not a wide player and the only time I would choose to put him out there is maybe if during a game I needed him to do a job and see the game out.

From Pards' recent interview.  Can't say I agree with that myself, will usually play 4-4-2 I would guess so not many minutes for him.  Can't see how you can justify players like Obertan and Lovenkrands playing out wide instead of HBA  :undecided:

He’s a number ten, playing behind the centre forward. He is a very special player and that’s the only place I see him playing, he’s not a wide player and the only time I would choose to put him out there is maybe if during a game I needed him to do a job and see the game out.

From Pards' recent interview.  Can't say I agree with that myself, will usually play 4-4-2 I would guess so not many minutes for him.  Can't see how you can justify players like Obertan and Lovenkrands playing out wide instead of HBA  :undecided:

Exactly. Perhaps Pards would do well to watch that Everton game where HBA started wide left and tore them a new one. Wish he'd consider this - its obvious HBA hasn't looked even remotely up to scratch (bar one or two moments) so far. He needs time to adjust. What's more, we've got to put up with Oberwank for the foreseeable.

Ben Arfas best position is clearly a free role, where he can roam into whatever space he wants. That said, I think behind the striker is the only place where I see Pardew willing to risk to have such a player. Personally I'd play him out wide especially with Ba having tracked back so much before when playing with Best and think both of them coming from deep would cause teams all kinds of problems with Best or Shola winning headers and outmuscling defender.

Ben Arfas best position is clearly a free role, where he can roam into whatever space he wants. That said, I think behind the striker is the only place where I see Pardew willing to risk to have such a player. Personally I'd play him out wide especially with Ba having tracked back so much before when playing with Best and think both of them coming from deep would cause teams all kinds of problems with Best or Shola winning headers and outmuscling defender.

That is a good point you know.  When HBA started wide left against Everton, he did drift about a lot and he had Enrique behind him.  Couldn't start him left wing with R.Taylor at left back, it would be absolute carnage.  Same can be said for starting him wide right to a point, Simpson is hardly great.  Obertan may be pretty rubbish, but his tracking back is ok and his natural position is an out and out right winger.  Not sure if he has a position the giganticus cranium cuntis.

This is the game I want to see him start most. He's had a run of games now where we've been underdogs, I'd love to see us give him a free run at this lot.

Undoubtedly. I'd hate to see him get dropped back to the bench now. As harsh as it is on Best who hasn't been poor this season, I really want to see what he can do against this lot.

Please reconsider Alan. You can't restrict Ben Arfa to just that one role especially when he has played on the wing for most of his career.

I think ideally he's in centre but I don't quite see that he deserves to keep Best out the side when he's back from injury, if Best keeps up the form he was in, he's going to get / assist more goals, and until / unless HBA's form outstrips Best's significantly, I'd be happier for him to replace Obertan.

I wanted him tested in the middle, and i've thought he's looked pretty good at times, and very promising, but it's surely not that bad if he's out on the right? The only worry is how much cover he'd give Simpson, but we're a stronger side with Best fit at front. They've obviously decided, but Pardew's got to make decisions based on form and such, if he's only to play centrally I'd drop him for Best, bluntly.