Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

They say that Ben Arfa wants to go to Breme or Newcastle but Hoffenheim can pay his salary and that Jpsé Anigo the "sport's manager" spoke with Hoffenheim's "dirigeant (leader, I don't know if say that)

thanks LaKro, dirigeant is something like Managing Director ? thanks anyway.

Guest neesy111

Plus some departures Hatem Ben Arfa and Benoit Cheyrou should occur this week.  The midfielder would spin with Werder Bremen or Newcastle, while Jose Anigo discussed with a delegation of Hoffenheim Friday. The German club, which can take into account the salary of Ben Arfa, could propose to the international conditions slightly more favorable than the OM through the premium.
:shifty:

So in other words, even if Ben Arfa prefers Newcastle, we'd have to match a bid by a club with bottomless funds if he wants that choice.

Not going to happen.

How do you get that from such jibberish? :lol:

I don't get how people couldn't. 90% of that is understandable, and the blanks are easy to fill.

I think you're filling in far too many blanks to come up with that translation.

I don't see how.

Yes, all of that is clear enough, what isn't at all clear from that is how much say the player will have in the move (especially if its a loan).

Well Marseille have a say on which bids to accept or reject, and Ben Arfa has a right to sign for one club or another. But unless Ben Arfa is desperate to go to another club, one of the richest teams in the world, playing in the Bundesliga is always going to be in the lead.

I certainly wouldn't argue with that.

That is true, though he be wanting to play in the premiership

Plus some departures Hatem Ben Arfa and Benoit Cheyrou should occur this week.  The midfielder would spin with Werder Bremen or Newcastle, while Jose Anigo discussed with a delegation of Hoffenheim Friday. The German club, which can take into account the salary of Ben Arfa, could propose to the international conditions slightly more favorable than the OM through the premium.
:shifty:

So in other words, even if Ben Arfa prefers Newcastle, we'd have to match a bid by a club with bottomless funds if he wants that choice.

Not going to happen.

How do you get that from such jibberish? :lol:

I don't get how people couldn't. 90% of that is understandable, and the blanks are easy to fill.

I think you're filling in far too many blanks to come up with that translation.

I don't see how.

Yes, all of that is clear enough, what isn't at all clear from that is how much say the player will have in the move (especially if its a loan).

Well Marseille have a say on which bids to accept or reject, and Ben Arfa has a right to sign for one club or another. But unless Ben Arfa is desperate to go to another club, one of the richest teams in the world, playing in the Bundesliga is always going to be in the lead.

Wouldn't agree with that. The Bundesliga has become stronger over the last few years, but many players (and fans) still regard the Premier League as the best/hardest league in the world and would join it over any other league.

Hoffenheim are wealthy but this sugar daddy thing is being blown out of proportion.

The guy that owns them (bought them when they were just a village club) has built them up not by throwing money at big name players but by investing in youth and a successful scouting system. You look at their squad and none of them are household names - they are all players that have been built up by the club. I don't really see them throwing money at Ben Arfa in order to outdo otherclubs because that's not the way they do things, and I don't see how they're anymore of an attractive proposition clubwise. They're a nothing of a club history wise and are just midtable interms of Bundesliga.

Hoffenheim are wealthy but this sugar daddy thing is being blown out of proportion.

The guy that owns them (bought them when they were just a village club) has built them up not by throwing money at big name players but by investing in youth and a successful scouting system. You look at their squad and none of them are household names - they are all players that have been built up by the club. I don't really see them throwing money at Ben Arfa in order to outdo otherclubs because that's not the way they do things, and I don't see how they're anymore of an attractive proposition clubwise. They're a nothing of a club history wise and are just midtable interms of Bundesliga.

Dietmar Hopp doesn't own the club. That's not allowed in the Bundesliga. He's only allowed to own 50 % at maximum. He just invests some money into the club.

And they have changed their strategy over the last few years. They signed Hildebrand (who isn't a household name, but was well known before, at least in Germany), Simunic and Ibertsberger.

I think they are interested in Ben Arfa. Ralf Rangnicks's statement would suggest so anyways. (he was praising Ben Arfa few days ago)

Dietmar Hopp doesn't own the club. That's not allowed in the Bundesliga. He's only allowed to own 50 % at maximum. He just invests some money into the club.

And they have changed their strategy over the last few years. They signed Hildebrand (who isn't a household name, but was well known before, at least in Germany), Simunic and Ibertsberger.

I think they are interested in Ben Arfa. Ralf Rangnicks's statement would suggest so anyways. (he was praising Ben Arfa few days ago)

Weren't Hildebrand and Ibertsberger both frees? And all of those players are Bundesliga based. I don't see them holding that much of an advantage over us tbh, money would be their only bargaining chip and they have never used it in the past really.

Weren't Hildebrand and Ibertsberger both frees? And all of those players are Bundesliga based. I don't see them holding that much of an advantage over us tbh, money would be their only bargaining chip and they have never used it in the past really.

Don't know. Could be that both were free, though. That's why I said they "signed" them and not "bought". Was just pointing out that they don't only sign unknown players anymore, like they did from 2005 - 2008.

Guest LaKro

They say that Ben Arfa wants to go to Breme or Newcastle but Hoffenheim can pay his salary and that Jpsé Anigo the "sport's manager" spoke with Hoffenheim's "dirigeant (leader, I don't know if say that)

thanks LaKro, dirigeant is something like Managing Director ? thanks anyway.

Yes, a "dirigeant" is someone who lead the club, manager, chairman...

Plus certains, les départs de Hatem Ben Arfa et Benoît Cheyrou  devraient intervenir cette semaine. Celui du premier est acquis. Le milieu offensif aimerait filer au Werder Brême ou à Newcastle, tandis que José Anigo a discuté avec une délégation d'Hoffenheim vendredi. Le club allemand, qui peut prendre en compte le salaire de Ben Arfa, pourrait proposer à l'international des conditions légèrement plus avantageuses qu'à l'OM grâce aux primes.

More certain are the departures of Hatem Ben Arfa and Benoit Cheyrou which should be confirmed this week. The first mentioned is nailed on. The attacking midfielder would like to leave for Werder Bremen or Newcastle, though Jose Anigo has spoken with a management delegation from Hoffenheim last friday. The german club  are prepared to pay his salary, and can also offer the international, slight more advantageous terms that at L'OM due to the bonus system.

Guest geordienorway

hi LaKro, would you translate this please? The quote is from France football and you should be able to make more sense of it.

Plus certains, les départs de Hatem Ben Arfa et Benoît Cheyrou  devraient intervenir cette semaine. Celui du premier est acquis. Le milieu offensif aimerait filer au Werder Brême ou à Newcastle, tandis que José Anigo a discuté avec une délégation d'Hoffenheim vendredi. Le club allemand, qui peut prendre en compte le salaire de Ben Arfa, pourrait proposer à l'international des conditions légèrement plus avantageuses qu'à l'OM grâce aux primes.

I'd already made perfect sense of it thank you.

You really remind me of Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory.

Lazio also interested in him.

Lazio are s*** and skint, though.

sounds familiar...

if they seal the Hernanes deal ( which is approximately 14million euros), i dont think they will need Ben Arfa, and on the other hand they won't have the money to do it...

hi LaKro, would you translate this please? The quote is from France football and you should be able to make more sense of it.

I'd already made perfect sense of it thank you.

You really remind me of Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory.

:lol:

Guest secteur2010

Lazio also interested in him.

Lazio are s*** and skint, though.

sounds familiar...

Aye, you do.

Say it as I see it.

Guest geordienorway

Frederic Guerra (agent) is now stating that Ben Arfa definitely will leave OM. Francefootball is also reporting that Wolfsburg have joined the chase.

Guest geordienorway

Bad news in the French press today. Quote from one of Ben Arfa's relatives: "Newcastle is the worst option for both Hatem and OM. The Premier League is not the best place for him to express his talent, and Newcastle doesn't even have financial guarantees for their bid!".

The article is a bit contradicting as it states that Ben Arfa has rejected all offers exept the one from us. OM is now trying to reach an agreement with us, but there seem to be a gap between our bid and OM's valuation.

http://www.foot01.com/ligue1/ben-arfa-n-a-qu-une-seule-idee-en-tete-au-mercato,marseille,57223

That's not really bad news. It sounds like he wants to join us, and rejected other offers (good news if true!) but one of his relatives thinks that the Premier League is not the best place for him. They are wrong. Whether we actually are going to meet any valuation is the difficult question, and one that does not give me much confidence, but you never know.