Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

He didn't exactly dismiss it, did he? Obviously considering a few options and the likelihood is he'll go to a better team, but I think it's definitely a genuine attempt from us to get him.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6669/emotion60.gif

Reads to me like the reporter says "What's this about Newcastle?" and he says there's been contact with a few clubs.

But that's just the pessimist in me talking :lol:

Well obviously aye, but there was nothing stopping him from saying I've had a few offers, but nothing from Newcastle, if we haven't spoke to him.

Well there's no reason at all for him to tell about it if we havent made an offer is there? It's only better for him if other clubs think we're in the running too...

Looking good though, just saying ;)

I think the French papers are pushing the Newcastle angle because HBA being the saviour of one of  English football's most interesting clubs makes for a better story than him going to Hoffenheim or Werder which would be a similar situation to his current one.

Obviously they believe there's a decent chance of it happening though, I'm sure they wouldn't mention it so often otherwise.

So would ben arfa cost peanuts or would this be Mike going back (positively, granted) on his word about no new capital outlay or where would the money come from?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Guest secteur2010

Get him in, we'll more than likely act as a shop window for the lad for a season but if he helps us stay up (and he has a blinder) and we make a profit at a later date, all fine and dandy with me.