Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Warren Barton was...when 4million was a lot.

Most expensive defender in the world at the time or something wasn't he?

Aye i think so.

Reckon he'd grow a good moustache?

Blates, people of arabic nature love a tache.

4-5m is an outrageous price and I've hardly even seen the fucker play. If you're young and British you can have ten good games in the Championship and be worth that. Just pay them the fucking money, at least if the lad starts being a dick again we'll get at least that money back for him.

Exactly, in todays market this price is crazy, not surprised that our hierarchy won't be willing to stump up the cash though as they have repeatedly shown they have no knowledge of football or the ability to make the correct decisions for themselves or us.

Guest neesy111

if we haven't got £4m then we can't pay Marseille £4m no matter how good a deal it maybe.

we have got 4M, ashley is trying to claw back his losses this season

Ashley doesn't want to spend as it will show clubs we do have money. He'll wait this and other deals out till the last couple of days, sign 2-3 needed players and say it needed doing after getting humped in the opening games.

[/blind hope]

4-5m is an outrageous price and I've hardly even seen the f***er play. If you're young and British you can have ten good games in the Championship and be worth that. Just pay them the f***ing money, at least if the lad starts being a dick again we'll get at least that money back for him.

Exactly, in todays market this price is crazy, not surprised that our hierarchy won't be willing to stump up the cash though as they have repeatedly shown they have no knowledge of football or the ability to make the correct decisions for themselves or us.

Our hierachy? How about all the other clubs out there who haven't moved for him either at this price? At least we are trying to get him, while a lot of other clubs don't appear to be. Chill out.

Really good player, who actually wants to join us! If this doesn't happen, it just shows that this club is going absolutely nowhere with no ambition.

Best do. Otherwise you'll have countless dozens on here needing to be sectioned. Myself included - If the deadline goes without this transfer OK'd I'm off to the funny farm with a nice padded room to vent some anger out on. Howehhh!

From the Youtube clip he seems to be able to beat players for fun. Would absolutely transform our midfield if he signs. I don't think we've got anyone like that in our squad.

What about Alan Smith?

Guest VegasToon

Really good player, who actually wants to join us! If this doesn't happen, it just shows that this club is going absolutely nowhere with no ambition.

Why?  We had a bid accepted.  Confirmed by the Marseille chairman and the player's agent.  They (Marseille) changed their minds.  I am no fan of Ashley,  but we have done nothing wrong in this transfer and I still believe it will happen.

From the Youtube clip he seems to be able to beat players for fun. Would absolutely transform our midfield if he signs. I don't think we've got anyone like that in our squad.

Yep. If the rumours are true it seems Hughton wants to make him the creative fulcrum of the team, very promising in this case that he sees exactly what we are lacking.