Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Haris Vuckic

Not trolling, but I just wonder if some Newcastle fans are far too carried away with their hero worship of Ben Arfa. Am I right in thinking he's played something like four games for us in over a year and we only won one of them?

He did show some great touches at Darlington but that sort of"special" player can also end up losing possession more often either due to their mazy runs being brought to an end or other players just not on his "special" wavelength.

If he really was as important as some make out would he not have appeared before now?

Hopefully he will get his chance soon and live up to all the hype.

Are you being serious when you say that, or it is just a joke (which i hope so) ?

Not sure what you mean? The bit you've bolded I think is about right but as others have mentioned, one or two of those appearances were as subs.

My overall point was more to do with him being on a very high pedestal here, bearing in mind he hasnt achieved anything here yet.

Of course I do hope he does live up to the hype when he finally gets a good run.

So you all take into account the 15 minutes he played against Blackpool and the 3 minutes against Manchester city ??

By the way, he played 60 min against Stoke and you were winning when he left the pitch...

The only thing i wanted to know is that : what do you expected from him in those games ? Scoring a hattrick in 10 minutes ? Making 3 assists before De Jong broke his leg ?

I consider that he only played (i mean here real games, no furtive appearances) for NUFC in 2 matches during last season and 1 this year (+ 20 min against Blackburn)...

That's very short to have a good and objective impression on him considering this...

I don't know about others, but CT seems to take that step without any complex :lol:

Yes, i saw that  :lol:

They admit that Ben arfa has to settle in the team slowly, needs to take his time, don't want to rush him back and in the same time... they want him to score goals quickly, be straight the number 10, etc.  :rolleyes:  Paradoxal feelings...

Christmas Tree doesn't seem to know anything at all about football, as a much as a nanna would if she'd only seen the sport  once and for ten minutes only.

Bless him.

Good news indeed.

If Ba's definitely out and Ben Arfa only makes the bench in favour of Shola or Lovenkrands, Pardew needs dousing in faeces.

He's just missed 4 or 5 days worth of training...

The rest of the squad also missed a similar amount thought I believe.  Pretty sure Carver said start of last week the players not on International duty were off at the start of the week, would be in on Thursday and then would be given some time off until the Monday (as in yesterday).

If he trains all week and looks sharp, why not start him?  Would rather a short of match practice Ben Arfa got 60-70 minutes than Shola, who also won't be 100% fit, he never fucking is!

Good news indeed.

If Ba's definitely out and Ben Arfa only makes the bench in favour of Shola or Lovenkrands, Pardew needs dousing in faeces.

He's just missed 4 or 5 days worth of training...

Just saying that I think we'll gain far more from having Ben Arfa on the pitch, for say, 60/70 mins than we will by starting Lovenkrands or fucking Shola. Tbh, I'd even start Marveux on the right and have Obertan play off Best if the alternative was either of those two.

Guest mimifrench

It was reported on his national FA's website, but a local journalist tweeted this morning to say that Ba was injury free and ready to face Tottenham.

Suspect that it was one of 'those' international injuries.

Considering this information, Ben arfa has now less and less chances to start.

He'll get at least twenty five minutes, can't see Pards starting him. Would love to see him start but it's a quandary. I really like Best and Ba is tough to deal with. I would drop Obertan and have Marv or Arfa on the right.

It was reported on his national FA's website, but a local journalist tweeted this morning to say that Ba was injury free and ready to face Tottenham.

Clearly. Strange that he flew out to Mauritius...

right now mimi there is no reason to risk him (i say risk as he is yet to complete 90mins since his return) and he will get his chance, probably from the bench at the weekend then in contention for a start the following weekend. similar goes for marveaux and santon who have more game time under their belts.

not relly, team bonding etc.

not relly, team bonding etc.

Yeah, only thing it could be.

He'll get at least twenty five minutes, can't see Pards starting him. Would love to see him start but it's a quandary. I really like Best and Ba is tough to deal with. I would drop Obertan and have Marv or Arfa on the right.

Personally I prefer to see two strikers rather than one where ever possible. Best and Ba have both played very well so far, there is no reason to change.

I think it would be daft to change a winning formation too much to fit in a bloke who, talented as he might be, has barely played for more than a year and before that was sat on the bench at Marseilles.

Having said that I'm still hoping to see him get half an hour off the bench on Sunday, and its highly probable hes the most talented player at the club. As you said, a bit of a dilemna.

Guest mimifrench

right now mimi there is no reason to risk him (i say risk as he is yet to complete 90mins since his return) and he will get his chance, probably from the bench at the weekend then in contention for a start the following weekend. similar goes for marveaux and santon who have more game time under their belts.

Of course you're right, but he should now have more game time under his belt, that is why playing in a inferior level could be benefic for him.

Since when has he totally healed from his injury now, 2,3, 4 weeks ? So he should be able to play more minutes now...