Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

He didn't do much wrong at all IMO, sometimes he has to hold onto the ball longer than other players because he's waitin for the opportunity to play a killer pass. For that, sometimes you have to let the game develop.

Slightly disappointed he hasn't exploded to life quite yet, but these have been three tough games an expectations on hm are sky high.

yeah he didn't do anything wrong, but he didn't do much right either. Just quiet. Someone like Obertan on the other hand didn't do much right, but also did a hell of a lot wrong, and that's what you call a bad performance.

i wouldn't be disappointed in how he performed - it will take him a few months to fully get back into the swing of things. Look at how ramsey struggled when he first came back, had to go out on loan to the championship. and even at the start of this season, while he had some good touches, he wasn't stringing them into full length performances. only after that he did really start to perform as we know he could.

Slightly disappointed he hasn't exploded to life quite yet, but these have been three tough games an expectations on hm are sky high.

Doesn't help much when you (and others) call him world class, like.

It doesn't help when you say daft stuff like Chelsea were there for the taking either. They could have scored 8 in case you didn't notice, they still have some players who are too good for our crap players to handle.

We could have beaten that Chelsea side today. A terrible team selection, stupid tactics, missed chances and abysmal defending cost us.

You can turn your nose up at Chelsea when we have a left back in place who can run with the ball 5 yards without tripping over his own feet. We had far bigger problems that Ben Arfa today otherwise they wouldn't have been opening us up at will.

Good posts from some,he needs time. Leaving Lovenkrands on the pitch instead of HBA was a horrendous call,especially with Obertan on the other side. Howay Alan,we need one winger who can do something.

What was Barfa doing to justify staying on the pitch.

He's a better Left Winger than Peter Lovenkrands. There's only one reasonable explanation to play Lovenkrands there instead of HBA,to protect Raylor. Lovenkrands didn't do it once all day. In the second half we continually found the wingers and got them up against the full backs,neither of them did anything with it.

Good posts from some,he needs time. Leaving Lovenkrands on the pitch instead of HBA was a horrendous call,especially with Obertan on the other side. Howay Alan,we need one winger who can do something.

He's a better Left Winger than Peter Lovenkrands. There's only one reasonable explanation to play Lovenkrands there instead of HBA,to protect Raylor. Lovenkrands didn't do it once all day. In the second half we continually found the wingers and got them up against the full backs,neither of them did anything with it.

Yes but what did he do to justify staying on the pitch?

I think Pardew has got alot of things spot on and should have credit for that, but I must say that i don't agree with him that Ben Arfa is better in the number 10 role than as a winger. Imo Ben Arfa should have started on the wing today instead of Løvenkrands, he would get more space on the wing to make his magic than in the middle, also he can as a winger drift inside and shoot or get it into the box. It is also less dangerous when he looses the ball on the wing than in the middle of the field.

Yes but what did he do to justify staying on the pitch?

Give over man,he doesn't have to score or assist a goal in 45 minutes to be a better option on the left than Lovenkrands for the second half.

I think Pardew has got alot of things spot on and should have credit for that, but I must say that i don't agree with him that Ben Arfa is better in the number 10 role than as a winger. Imo Ben Arfa should have started on the wing today instead of Løvenkrands, he would get more space on the wing to make his magic than in the middle, also he can as a winger drift inside and shoot or get it into the box. It is also less dangerous when he looses the ball on the wing than in the middle of the field.

Is it true that Barfa won't play on the wing, or is it that Pardew won't play him there? Seems to be a couple of different theories and not sure what to believe.

Is it true that Barfa won't play on the wing, or is it that Pardew won't play him there? Seems to be a couple of different theories and not sure what to believe.

Pardew said 'I don't see him as a winger,I don't think he's got the relish for it'. Or words to that effect.

It usually depends on what point they're trying to make what people read into that,make of it what you will.

Fwiw I can't see HBA refusing to play on the wing, considering he's done it a lot elsewhere and had his best game for us there,as well as looking miffed when Sammy came on at LW instead of him against Everton. If he has refused I don't want him in the squad tbh,and neither should Pardew.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Of course Ben Arfa would play there if asked.

A few times today Ben Arfa got the ball, we had a potential break on and then instead of going direct toward the goal or doing a quick pass to Ba, he instead tried to wriggle past 3 Chelsea players. He needs to use his pace more (which I assume he's still got). Pardew has said previously that Ben Arfa will play the number 10 role as he doesn't like playing on the wing. From what I've seen, Ba and Best works better than Ba and Ben Arfa. Give the wing a try Ben Arfa.

"Doesnt have the relish for it" is clearly a comment after talking to the lad, he wont have decided that after watching him piss past endless players on the wing will he.

Theyve obviously had discussions

Chelsea were there for the taking, man. So many excuses for the lad.

Agreed, if it wasn't for Ben Arfa we would have slaughtered Chelsea today.

That's the level of misunderstanding and immaturity I'd expect from a teenager.

Stop pretending we played a top team today. We didn't. They'll be out of the top 5 by January at the latest.

Theres something wrong when shola comes on for you and the team is vastly improved. Expected more from him today. I know it's been said before, but his reluctance to play the ball is getting maddening. Im sure he will improve once hes got a goal.

Theres something wrong when shola comes on for you and the team is vastly improved. Expected more from him today. I know it's been said before, but his reluctance to play the ball is getting maddening. Im sure he will improve once hes got a goal.

:thup:

Chelsea were there for the taking, man. So many excuses for the lad.

Agreed, if it wasn't for Ben Arfa we would have slaughtered Chelsea today.

That's the level of misunderstanding and immaturity I'd expect from a teenager.

Stop pretending we played a top team today. We didn't. They'll be out of the top 5 by January at the latest.

Would love to see you put your money where your mouth is with that one.