Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Stephen927

So Ben Arfa has come over here unannounced, presumably without permission from his club? Starting to wonder if he's the kind of character we should be looking to bring in, tbh.

Douglas is claiming:

Very reliable source but it's very difficult with how the club view anything getting out now, Drenthe & Mancienne advanced stage, BA done

Drenthe? I doubt that tbh.

He isn't in Newcastle, that's for sure  :lol:

Drenthe is definately NOT in Newcastle, i was watching him playing for Madrid playing against Bayern in the Allianz arena tonight.

That's what I was talking about.

Just a little section from his Wiki. Seems to be a case of Groundhog Day going on, only the names have changed.

.... rumors of a move to rivals Olympique de Marseille began to surface. On 28 June 2008, Lyon confirmed that a proposed transfer to Marseille had been canceled for the time being. However, Ben Arfa confirmed to the local La Provence newspaper on 29 June that he had signed for the southern coast club and would not return to Lyon for pre-season training the following day. La Provence later reported that Ben Arfa had in fact missed training in Lyon on 30 June, confirming his intentions.

Ben Arfa officially joined Marseille on 1 July 2008 for €11 million, with future incentives to be included later, after an agreement was reached between Marseille and Lyon in a meeting organized by the LFP. As a result of the disagreement over the transfer, in December 2008, Ben Arfa told the local Lyon paper Le Progrès that his former team lacked class and was not a great team. Ben Arfa was presented to the media and had his first training session with the club the same day. He was given the number 20 shirt. On 16 July, Ben Arfa was involved in another training session bust-up, this time with stiker and France international Djibril Cissé.

This is how Marseille got him, they shouldn't be too surprised it's how he is trying to leave them. 

Ha ha.. so has the guy allegedly just hopped on a plane over here, and OM dont know he's here yet???

:cheesy:

I think a picture of him being at Newcastle airport being all over the internet, reports in France and here that he's flew in, and SSN saying he has flown in but we won't talk to him may give it away a bit.

We'll almost certainly be talking to him just not officially as we don't have permission.

Aye. The lad's clearly mental but nobody can accuse him of not being committed to joining us. :lol:

Marseille hold his registration so the club have to play it by the book (publically). I'd be mildly annoyed and surprised if we've not met the lad and his agent to at least thrash out the basis of a contract behind closed doors.