Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I agree with buzza (Although not on GK front)

Harper

Perch    Williamson Colo    Enrique

Routledge  Tiote      Barton    Jonas

Ben Arfa

Carroll

Subs- Krul, Campbell, Guthrie, Smith, Nolan, Lovenkrands, Xisco

The team that went down at Villa:

Harper  

Coloccini

Taylor

Edgar

Nolan

Duff

Butt

Guthrie

Viduka

Løvenkrands

Martins

Vs

Harper

Perch

Coloccini

Williamson

Enrique

Jonas

Barton

Tiote

Routledge

Ben Arfa

Carroll

The second one is not only a much better team, it's arguably better man for man aswell.

I think Coloccini is better than Coloccini personally.

Can we get him first people.

There is nothing stopping Werder offering him 70k a week tonight as a last gasp attempt. We've been here before with Modric

Pipe down man, his penis is pointing north and that is where he is going. Always follow your dick.

Does this mean he can play against Wolves?

Let's just get the bugger signed first, eh?

5 pm Friday deadine to play on the Saturday isn't it? Noon perhaps? :shifty:

Would be madness to put him in after two weeks of no training let alone competitive action. Not to mention the lack of integration with the squad. He'd be crocked in no time.

If he signs...

Guest VegasToon

With Ben Afra, we can let our offensive players move freely around the pitch.  You can have the front 5 moving at will into space to create chances. 

Would be madness to put him in after two weeks of no training let alone competitive action. Not to mention the lack of integration with the squad. He'd be crocked in no time.

If he signs...

be handy to have on the bench (think tino) then  two weeks worth of training and getting to know everyone before blackpool.

if he signs.

If he signs...

You can tell you have been a Newcastle United fan for far too long, you always have to fucking spoil whatever good comes our way.

Harper

Perch/Simpson Willy/Sol Colo Enrique

Ben Arfa Tiote Barton Jonas

Nolan

Carroll

No doubt.

I seem to remember reading that Ben Arfa doesnt do much defending. Would have to change his game if he's played on the wing...or Perch would be struggling constantly.

Can't see why we'd go through all this arsing about to get him if we weren't going to play him where he apparently wants to play.

Similarly I can't see why he'd go through all this arsing about refusing to train and insisting on coming here if we hadn't promised him so.

Today's Coloccini is definitely better than the demoralised one that was relegated.

Same goes for Enrique, Jonas, Nolan, Barton, Smith, Carrol, etc. This team would never have been relegated two seasons ago, imo.

Our weakest player this season so far has probably been Jonas so I'd move him onto the bench.

Thing is, I think Hughton will stick with the current midfield, but knows they aren't up for playing at their best for 90 minutes over a season. Would expect plenty of rotation with Tiote starting over 50% of games on the bench, and Ben Arfa covering the three offensive midfield positions in our current system, sometimes from the start, sometimes from the bench

Today's Coloccini is definitely better than the demoralised one that was relegated.

Same goes for Enrique, Jonas, Nolan, Barton, Smith, Carrol, etc. This team would never have been relegated two seasons ago, imo.

Harper's much shitter than he was 2 years ago though.

Who is RMC? Run DMC's dyslexic brother?

Ben Arfa to Newcastle tomorrow to finalize the loan

Hatem Ben Arfa's departure to Newcastle tomorrow, Friday, could accelerate. According to the president of OM Jean-Claude Dassier, the player will be here tomorrow morning at Newcastle. There will finalize its loan with the English team after a last offensive Werder Bremen, the last club in the running to engage the attacking midfielder.

Guest Heneage

Our weakest player this season so far has probably been Jonas so I'd move him onto the bench.

Thing is, I think Hughton will stick with the current midfield, but knows they aren't up for playing at their best for 90 minutes over a season. Would expect plenty of rotation with Tiote starting over 50% of games on the bench, and Ben Arfa covering the three offensive midfield positions in our current system, sometimes from the start, sometimes from the bench

You think Routledge has offered more than Jonas?

Think he might have missed Sunday's match

Trying to pick who has been best out of Jonas and Routledge is a bit daft after two games. Routledge has a decent final ball but his decision making isn't up to scratch and Jonas doesn't have a good end product. Both were poor against Man United, both were much better against Villa.

I personally don't think Hughton will drop either, their pace gives us something extra and the understanding particularly between Jonas and Enrique is not something you want to break up. Ben Arfa will play in the middle, whether that be as a second striker off Carroll or as the attacking outlet in a midfield four.

Think he might have missed Sunday's match

Saw it eventually. They have been about as bad as each other, but Jonas has been too deep and unintelligent with his running.