Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest neesy111

It's a gamble, but you have to ask the question: is the current squad capable of staying up without the addition of quality? I think it is. But only just.

Do we want to take that kind of a risk though?

Yes. I do.

Why?  :kasper:

hadn't realised the Ben Arfa had been dropped from the latest French squad.  Good for us though as he can get used to the players in training ready for Blackpool rather than signing then disappearing for a week the the french team.

It's a gamble, but you have to ask the question: is the current squad capable of staying up without the addition of quality? I think it is. But only just.

Do we want to take that kind of a risk though?

Either way its a risk, don't sign players like him and you risk going down through lack of quality in the side.

I'd be interested to see Ben Arfa on the left, and the right-footed Jonas on the right wing where he might actually be able to cross a ball.

Not that I think Routledge deserves to be dropped, I've just always wanted to see Jonas play on the right for a bit to see how he does.

We saw, we were relegated.

I don't remember him playing there that often (Though my memory's not massively reliable on who played what position and when), he was still very much mainly on the left from what I remember. When he did play on the right he was often our only winger (And only attacking outlet) and was crowded out by 2 or 3 opponents at a time.

I'd be interested to see Ben Arfa on the left, and the right-footed Jonas on the right wing where he might actually be able to cross a ball.

Not that I think Routledge deserves to be dropped, I've just always wanted to see Jonas play on the right for a bit to see how he does.

When he inevitably cuts inside he'll run out the pitch...

I suspect he cuts inside now because he's a right footed player who is playing on the left.

I suspect he cuts inside now because he's a right footed player who is playing on the left.

You killed humour.

There is enough shite to make us stay afloat in the PL without even adding any quality.

You killed humour.

Sorry, I've had a long and tiring day. That F5 button doesn't press itself you know. :(

His attitude is a risk worth taking for us, especially on loan.

I doubt he will be much worse than some of the petulant behaviour shown by Bellamy, Robert, N'Zog, Dyer or Barton.

Whilst he is still young he is close to getting a reputation that clubs wont touch him with a bargepole. Hughton will drill that into him.. Hopefully before Barton or Carrolls fist or forehead oblige.

Bottom line is there is no way a player of his talent should be coming to us, as mentioned earlier, if it wasnt for the baggage he would be somewhere much higher flying.

As far as Douglas's comments go I think most people know the lads trouble.  If he wasn't troubled we'd have to pay £20m for him not a loan with a £5m future fee or whatever.

One player, who isn't even contracted to the club past next year, can't destroy the morale of the entire side IMO.  If his ability doesn't end up being worth the hassle send him back early.

On the nail. I almost look on this as purely  a loan signing as I expect the little drama queen will flounce off after a year. But flawed talent is the only sort we can afford right now so I'm happy to make the most of it while he's here, then if he clicks here and stays on it's a mega bonus.

We saw, we were relegated.

I don't remember him playing there that often (Though my memory's not massively reliable on who played what position and when), he was still very much mainly on the left from what I remember. When he did play on the right he was often our only winger (And only attacking outlet) and was crowded out by 2 or 3 opponents at a time.

:nope:

He's an arrogant huffy French cunt there is no doubting that, and I am sure at some point we will see that side of him.

But that is no reason at all not to sign him, Anelka is known as Le Sulk for good reason and everyone one of us would love him here.. he will be outstanding quality compared to what we have already, who cares if he has a winge now and then.. then in a few seasons jumps on a plane to sign for Real or Barca and we made a £20mill profit.

Scottwilsonecho Early start tomorrow for 8.30am start with Chris Hughton. Should get latest on Ben Arfa and Taylor - "they're names we're aware of..."

There's no point. We all know he'll say it's just 'speculation'. Hughton's is the only word I believe less than Dassier's :lol:

I'm sure Enrique said it seems like Hughton works 24 hours a day for the club, the fact that he's in and ready for an interview at 8.30am suggests he does late nights and early mornings.

When your from a mixed race family you learn that you have to graft that little bit harder than others doing the same job.

Guest Heneage

Scottwilsonecho Early start tomorrow for 8.30am start with Chris Hughton. Should get latest on Ben Arfa and Taylor - "they're names we're aware of..."

There's no point. We all know he'll say it's just 'speculation'. Hughton's is the only word I believe less than Dassier's :lol:

I did that on Football Manager the other night as Newcastle, I went for the no comment option and added 'They're names we're aware of'.