Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

From Twatter:

Arsene Wenger asked about Hatem Ben Arfa on TF1. "Some of the things he's capable of are Maradonesque."

Ben Arfa asked on TF1 if he knows about Joey Barton. "Yes. He'll be a friend, a team-mate." He's a psychopath! "No, he's a good player."

:laugh:

Guest localhero87

I think people need to not judge him from youtube vids. Anyone remember Albert Luque's youtube highlights?

Guest mrainey

I've watched this guy for the past few seasons: no way he's two footed (like most lefties, he uses the other leg for balance purposes only); he'll dribble past one, two, three, and than lose out to no.4. People usually clap the first 100 times he pulls this off, later on they just get bored. But seriously, in terms of raw talent, this guy is as good as it gets. If he could ditch the little "Go Hatem Go" screaming bug in his head, he'd be world class potential, I'm sure of it. Very good passer of the ball, once he gets tired of all the dribbling. Not the long range artillery type L. Robert was. More like a Robben type: "pass it to me and watch me go". One of the best dribblers around, and bloody hell, he'll bring some much needed flair into the side.

I think it's a great signing, as this is probably his last chance for him to try and not f*** up everything around him. Win win for Newcastle.

I've watched this guy for the past few seasons: no way he's two footed (like most lefties, he uses the other leg for balance purposes only); he'll dribble past one, two, three, and than lose out to no.4. People usually clap the first 100 times he pulls this off, later on they just get bored. But seriously, in terms of raw talent, this guy is as good as it gets. If he could ditch the little "Go Hatem Go" screaming bug in his head, he'd be world class potential, I'm sure of it. Very good passer of the ball, once he gets tired of all the dribbling. Not the long range artillery type L. Robert was. More like a Robben type: "pass it to me and watch me go". One of the best dribblers around, and bloody hell, he'll bring some much needed flair into the side.

I think it's a great signing, as this is probably his last chance for him to try and not f*** up everything around him. Win win for Newcastle.

Love your description of Roberts style. :thup:

Anyway, good stuff, looking forward to seeing him on the pitch. :celb:

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

I think people need to not judge him from youtube vids. Anyone remember Albert Luque's youtube highlights?

Or the fantastic youtube player Ignacio González.

Hey!

Luque was an incredible player before joining us, his career just broke down, and Ben Arfa is according to my friend who is a Marseille supporter a great player and he is very much sad to see him leave Marseille for such a fee.

He thinks Ben Arfa could be one of the big ones.