Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I have heard Hatem Ben Arfa still hasn't been training with Newcastle. Why is that?

“The coaches at Newcastle have all been impressed by my level of fitness and have had no questions about it.”

Ben Arfa may have been without match practice for a while, but did make six substitute appearances in Marseille’s friendly fixture list.

And he scored a winning goal in the Robert Louis-Dreyfus Trophy Final against Valencia and played in and netted for France on August 11 in Norway in a 2-1 loss for his country.

But he says he can’t wait for his Toon debut. “I am excited by the prospect of running out in front of these fans – I want to give everything I can for them,” he said.

“I have a lot of confidence in the people I have seen on the training field so far. After training and seeing the skills of the players in the last week or so, I feel even more confident that the team can achieve success than I did before.”

Guest MrSundlofer

I have heard Hatem Ben Arfa still hasn't been training with Newcastle. Why is that?

“The coaches at Newcastle have all been impressed by my level of fitness and have had no questions about it.”

“I have a lot of confidence in the people I have seen on the training field so far. After training and seeing the skills of the players in the last week or so, I feel even more confident that the team can achieve success than I did before.”

Yes I know, but maybe he's only doing his fitness?

Guest Marseille

Les highlights de youtube ne donne pas toujours une vrai

vision d'un joueur.

Voila des liens pour des resumer de match de hba en 2010;

<Je suis interdit>

Un joueur a tres gros potentiel,s'il est en confiance,serieux,pro

il va devenir votre idole sorry the translate google.

The highlights of youtube does not always give a true

vision of a player.

That ties for the game hba summarized in 2010;

A player has very big potential, if confident, serious, pro

it will become your idol

From the little I've seen (ie not selected Youtube highlights) you can see why he was a sub a lot because he does tend to play like there's nobody else on the pitch in the same colour shirt. Weird really because when he does pass it he seems pretty adept at spotting clever gaps and runs.

Hope he doesn't prove to be a one-trick pony for us; get ball, dribble, beat three men, lose ball.

From the little I've seen (ie not selected Youtube highlights) you can see why he was a sub a lot because he does tend to play like there's nobody else on the pitch in the same colour shirt. Weird really because when he does pass it he seems pretty adept at spotting clever gaps and runs.

Hope he doesn't prove to be a one-trick pony for us; get ball, dribble, beat three men, lose ball.

We've got enough of those already.  :pow:

We've got enough of those already. :pow:

Well I'm not saying I'm not looking forward to a bit of flair and creativity in there, certainly not. And it being there by default creates opportunities and openings for other players.

Just saying I hope we are able to utilise him for the good of the team rather than simply for Youtube highlight reels of him skinning a few players without any end product. He clearly has the pace, ability and skill, but he needs to get his head up more and/or be less selfish.

I'm hoping if Hughton is giving him the greater responsibility of being chief playmaker he'll have drilled it into him the need to look up and pass the ball aswell as just dribbling by himself. He clearly has the abilty and vision to do so, and I think Hughton is thinking that by showing faith in him we can reap the rewards of it.

Guest MrBrown

They should probably get that scene from Goal where our German manager teaches Munez that passing the ball is more effective than running with it.

Then get Hughton to recreate it.

No, they really shouldn't.

They should probably get that scene from Goal where our German manager teaches Munez that passing the ball is more effective than running with it.

Then get Hughton to recreate it.

Guthrie does that all the time, pity it's always back towards the defence :|