Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Only positive for him is he's young enough to get back, and hopefully it's a pure bone injury rather than damage to the ligaments as well.

Could be a pivotal moment in the recent history of the club really... the difference between finishing in a decent position with an exciting player making the headlines and making us look good, and an average season of slugging it out with the Blackpools and Wigans.

I really hope everyone pulls together and ups their game for him, and that he's looked after in the best way possible.

Neither studio pundit for ESPN - Kevin Keegan and Nicky Butt - thought that there was anything wrong with De Jong's challenge on Hatem Ben Arfa.

This was despite the show's presenter Ray Stubbs rightly highlighting that the second leg wrapped around Ben Arfa, causing his leg to break.

I fully understand Butt seeing the tackle from his viewpoint he has but Keegan really should be opposed to a player who intends to 'let Ben Arfa know he's there.'

I am sure that Xabi Alonso knew that De Jong was there in the World Cup final when he planted six studs - kung-fu style - into his chest.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1317537/Graham-Poll-No-place-Karl-Henry-Nigel-De-Jong.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz11NaA6wWm

Hmm, in a bit of a better mood after seeing Jay Cutler go down 9 times last night. But in terms of real sport this still hurts like fuck. Hope some massive cunt smashes 7 shades of shit out of De Jong some time soon. And hope we still sign HBA permanently

I never thought I would get a SNF spoiler in the hatem ben arfa thread.

Cheers like Dale Toon. :thdn:

Neither studio pundit for ESPN - Kevin Keegan and Nicky Butt - thought that there was anything wrong with De Jong's challenge on Hatem Ben Arfa.

This was despite the show's presenter Ray Stubbs rightly highlighting that the second leg wrapped around Ben Arfa, causing his leg to break.

I fully understand Butt seeing the tackle from his viewpoint he has but Keegan really should be opposed to a player who intends to 'let Ben Arfa know he's there.'

I am sure that Xabi Alonso knew that De Jong was there in the World Cup final when he planted six studs - kung-fu style - into his chest.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1317537/Graham-Poll-No-place-Karl-Henry-Nigel-De-Jong.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz11NaA6wWm

I'm sorry Keegan or no Keegan, any commentator who says that there was nothing wrong with that tackle is ignorant and a c*** of the highest order! Even if De Jong went in for the ball, one of the most basic rules on tackling is that a scissor tackle is a straight red for precisely the reason that it is almost certain to be a leg breaker. Essentially the front leg blocks the victims's leg from moving and before the 'victim's' leg can move out of the way, the other leg comes from behind and thrash it with such force that it basically goes through the bones. The combination of the force from the hind leg and the obstruction from the front leg is almost guaranteed to break a leg. Any commentator who does not know this is just an idiot!

I would have thought that Keegan with his brand of attacking football and understanding of flair players would know better, unfortunately he is just as idiotic as the rest who thinks a leg breaker tackle is synanomous with a welcome to the English League.

Hmm, in a bit of a better mood after seeing Jay Cutler go down 9 times last night. But in terms of real sport this still hurts like f***. Hope some massive c*** smashes 7 shades of s*** out of De Jong some time soon. And hope we still sign HBA permanently

Aww man thats unlucky. Sorry guy :razz:

Hmm, in a bit of a better mood after seeing Jay Cutler go down 9 times last night. But in terms of real sport this still hurts like f***. Hope some massive c*** smashes 7 shades of s*** out of De Jong some time soon. And hope we still sign HBA permanently

So you give me a spoiler then stick your tongue out at me?! Nice.

Goddamn.

Goddamn.

What is this? You are not Mike. You are Pedro.

I find it more confusing that sections of Sunderland fans are reveling in this all. The lad has broke his leg, I have never and will never cheer any player getting horrifically injured.

It'd be exactly the same on here if Darren Bent fucked himself.

Guest Howaythetoon

Did he die or something? Some of the reactions on here man :lol: Lost some love for the game, heart bleeds, in tears here, result doesn't matter now, hope De Jong's family gets aids etc etc. He broke his leg FFS, he hasn't been killed.

Did he die or something? Some of the reactions on here man :lol: Lost some love for the game, heart bleeds, in tears here, result doesn't matter now, hope De Jong's family gets aids etc etc. He broke his leg FFS, he hasn't been killed.

Wow look at me, I'm different and macho. I can compartmentalize my emotions and be sooo rationale about the whole thing!

Wow look at me, I'm different and macho. I can compartmentalize my emotions and be sooo rationale about the whole thing!

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I bet tears are still rolling down your face you big puff :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

He's alone at the hospital ffs

give the man a break

He's already had one

Someone had to say it :lol:

Goddamn.

Ah, you'll get over it, while watching the game more than likely :D

Spot on :lol:

HTT is right, basically. We're all pissed off, but it's been recieved as you'd expect 13 year old girls to react to a concert cancellation.

Anyone 'in tears' has far bigger problems than Ben Arfa right now.