Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm not sure Ben Arfa was pacey anyway, had decent burst speed, but not sure he had sustained pace. Certainly had quick feet.

It's his acceleration that's astonishing. The highlights from Everton are ridiculous.

Aye, that's what I was trying to say. Great over 5-10 yards, and, sadly, almost untouchable.

Guest firetotheworks

I have no worries about him losing confidence when he comes back, he's far too confident in his own ability for that. Physical problems are the only thing to worry about imo.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Probably sitting there thinking:

"The only way they could stop me was breaking my leg - I am a God."

Did he die or something? Some of the reactions on here man :lol: Lost some love for the game, heart bleeds, in tears here, result doesn't matter now, hope De Jong's family gets aids etc etc. He broke his leg FFS, he hasn't been killed.

No he hasn't but if you think we are going to sign players of this ability every week you are living in cloud cuckoo land. IIRC it was you who was in tears when Keggy Keegan walked out. Ironically he left because he wasn't going to be able to sign players like Ben Arfa who make a season ticket worth paying for.

Aye, and instead got work as a pundit making light of career-threatening tackles by players at one of his other former clubs.

Guest palnese

Because the referee Martin Atkinson admitted he saw the incident at the time and decided not to punish De Jong, the FA cannot pursue the matter. However, the midfielder was today dropped from the Holland squad for their upcoming Euro 2012 qualifiers against Moldova and Sweden.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Witness:Yeah, I saw the criminal shoot the guy, but I decided not to report it to the police.

Judge: Well, I can't pursue this matter any further.

Jury: INNOCENT!

I know they're probably not allowed, but man they're amazing. The first one, just taking the mick out of everton.

Kind of dawns on you how good he is.

Frightening ability on the ball, goes past two and three players for fun

I worry about when teams just try to kick him to bits, probably starting with Stoke

Fucking hell, one game out

Because the referee Martin Atkinson admitted he saw the incident at the time and decided not to punish De Jong, the FA cannot pursue the matter. However, the midfielder was today dropped from the Holland squad for their upcoming Euro 2012 qualifiers against Moldova and Sweden.

Biggest crock of shit ever that rule

Just nearly fallen off my chair after reading this post from a Man City fan:

The only people I have heard about criticising De Jong’s tackle are Alan Green, Stan Collymore and Newcastle fans.

The challenge was unnecessarily hard, that I won’t deny. De Jong didn’t need to tackle as strongly as he did. However, it was a fair challenge.

Interesting to hear whether or not you think the tackles on Tevez (by Coloccini) and Milner (by Tiote) were less ‘volent’ and ‘aggressive’ than De Jong’s challenge. IMO they were a degree worse.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Followed up with:

You need to give your head a wobble, fella. The challenges from Tiote and Coloccini were as bad as anything i have witnessed this season. The Tiote challenge was a red card. No question.

What a fucking moron.

Some fucking mates of mine, mackems, saying van Marwijk has over reacted and that it wasn't dirty, just badly timed!!! Fucking wanker. I mean look where the fucking ball is!!

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2010/10/04/article-1286178355769-0B758605000005DC-508060_636x409.jpg

To be 100% honest, I'm not sure how bad the challenge was. Yesterday I was fuming and adamant that it was horrific, but having seen it a few times today, and in full speed, I don't know anymore. I think it's debatable whether it was a bad tackle, a bad fall, or a combination of both.

I'd basically agree with everything Hughton said. I don't think it's a particularly malicious tackle, but I don't really understand why it needed to be made.

A bad fall? You're crazy. De Jong snaps his leg off, not the fall.

I'm sure he didn't mean to break his leg, but he did mean to make a tough tackle and take out the player. Taking the ball would just be collateral damage.