Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

what a guy. cant believe he even had the effort to put his hand up to the fans after suffering that. 

:clap:

Great to see he will be doing all his rehab here as well. Was slightly worried he would disappear off to France and never be seen again.

The man, the legend.

Did he die or something? Some of the reactions on here man :lol: Lost some love for the game, heart bleeds, in tears here, result doesn't matter now, hope De Jong's family gets aids etc etc. He broke his leg FFS, he hasn't been killed.

No he hasn't but if you think we are going to sign players of this ability every week you are living in cloud cuckoo land. IIRC it was you who was in tears when Keggy Keegan walked out. Ironically he left because he wasn't going to be able to sign players like Ben Arfa who make a season ticket worth paying for.

Did he die or something? Some of the reactions on here man :lol: Lost some love for the game, heart bleeds, in tears here, result doesn't matter now, hope De Jong's family gets aids etc etc. He broke his leg FFS, he hasn't been killed.

No he hasn't but if you think we are going to sign players of this ability every week you are living in cloud cuckoo land. IIRC it was you who was in tears when Keggy Keegan walked out. Ironically he left because he wasn't going to be able to sign players like Ben Arfa who make a season ticket worth paying for.

Boom shakalak!!!

:clap:

Game, set and match Big Tron.

lets send 'get well soon' cards, in French, to his hotel. he'd love that.....

I'd be delighted to help show support to the lad.

Absolutly gutted for him and the club.

Me too, if we know where he'll be staying I would definitely be up for sending a card!

Doesn't really make some of the reactions on here any less cringeworthy.

I'm not too fussed what anyone else thinks tbh, but I was really looking forward to watching us this season because of this signing so I'm well pissed off. It's not like we've got a glut of talented players with killer end product who can win matches. Still I suppose we can enjoy Jonas dribbling round 3 players and then passing the ball to the opposition goalie. Or there's Routledge who can run...stop...then hit the defender in the balls with a feeble cross. While Nolan and Barton stand watching with a fag and a mars bar.

I'm not too fussed what anyone else thinks tbh, but I was really looking forward to watching us this season because of this signing so I'm well pissed off. It's not like we've got a glut of talented players with killer end product who can win matches. Still I suppose we can enjoy Jonas dribbling round 3 players and then passing the ball to the opposition goalie. Or there's Routledge who can run...stop...then hit the defender in the balls with a feeble cross. While Nolan and Barton stand watching with a fag and a mars bar.

Everyone is pissed off but the club is bigger than one player. Our season certainly isn't anywhere near over,

Everyone is pissed off but the club is bigger than one player. Our season certainly isn't anywhere near over,

Aye - the solace that should be taken is that we still gave the billion dollar team a hell of a game without him - its a real shame for the lad more than anything but the best we can do is get behind the boys so that if and when he returns we are safe from relegation and fighting for a respectable league position.

What makes it really sad for me is that not only have we've lost our main creative outlet but a player who I feel genuinely loves the club. I mean the guy came to the club on his own to seek a transfer, he was always so sure he would play in the black and white that it feels almost like destiny and fated. Even when injured and on the stretcher where most players I've seen just cover their face on the way out, this guy sits up and applaud the fans. In what must be one of the most difficult moment of his career and persumably in some pain, his first thoughts was clapping the fans. If that does not make you feel something inside, then you are more robotic than a Peter Crouch dance! 

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Say he was a childhood supporter of the Toon, I wonder why. OK, I guess we do have a decent history of flamboyant French Wingers that could have tempted him to watch, players that he might have seen as role models. I just can't wrap my head around it though.

Wonder if we're going to buy ben arfa now?

luke edward on twitter made the point that the fact we're going to take care of his rehab might indicate we're going to sign him whatever about 25 games should we stay up

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The danger is he will come back having lost his pace, or he won't be as "confident" on the ball. Hopefully the recovery is good and we'll see him next year.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm not sure Ben Arfa was pacey anyway, had decent burst speed, but not sure he had sustained pace. Certainly had quick feet.