Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sounds like he's planning on playing him as a number 10 behind the striker(s).

Excellent, excellent indeed. I really hope HBA gets his favorite role next season (AM). He will do more damage in that role than as a wide man. His speed, technique and shot will create havoc. When he has the ball, the defenders must push, which creates space and a disorganized line. This gives HBA the possibility to play the lm and rm through on goal. If HBA plays on the lm it's easier to double mark him, like Manure did with Bale. They led him into the middle of the pitch, forcing him to finish/deliver with his right foot. On the other hand HBA's technique is better. That should enable him to a greater extent to deal with such problems. Still I want him as a AM...

Guest Roger Kint
Excellent, excellent indeed. I really hope HBA gets his favorite role next season (AM).

Has he actually said this? Cant remember seeing it

Sounds like he's planning on playing him as a number 10 behind the striker(s).

Excellent, excellent indeed. I really hope HBA gets his favorite role next season (AM). He will do more damage in that role than as a wide man. His speed, technique and shot will create havoc. When he has the ball, the defenders must push, which creates space and a disorganized line. This gives HBA the possibility to play the lm and rm through on goal. If HBA plays on the lm it's easier to double mark him, like Manure did with Bale. They led him into the middle of the pitch, forcing him to finish/deliver with his right foot. On the other hand HBA's technique is better. That should enable him to a greater extent to deal with such problems. Still I want him as a AM...

Spot on this.  Would also mean we don't have to blow a shit load on two quality strikers, maybe just one quality one and just a good one as a second striker/back up.  I'd play HBA off the front man in the free role, or in the middle of an attacking 3 behind a lone striker.  Do you mean this, or actually stick him in centre mid in a 4-4-2?

Guest Stephen927

It's not relevant but I play him on the right of a diamond. Zhirkov on the left, Arteta attacking mid and Tiote defensive mid. fapfapfap.

Only bother playing him if we are in threat of relegation. An extra couple months off plus a good preseason would be more beneficial for his long term fitness. Same goes for Gosling.