Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Antec

Has anyone figured out where the Ben Arfa transfer fee came from yet? Presumably all paid up front as well

Guest Antec

Has anyone figured out where the Ben Arfa transfer fee came from yet? Presumably all paid up front as well

What do you mean by "came from"?

The £5.5m, where did that come from? I thought we were skint and it certainly didn't come from Ashley's pocket

The £5.5m, where did that come from? I thought we were skint and it certainly didn't come from Ashley's pocket

We're not so skint that we literally can't afford any outgoings. Surely that's obvious?

Guest Antec

We're not so skint that we literally can't afford any outgoings. Surely that's obvious?

WTF are you on about, weren't we struggling to break even?

Yes, we're making a loss every season, but that doesn't mean we can't spend anything. A business can run in the red for a long time, increasing its debt to keep going. Otherwise we (and almost every other club) would have gone bust ages ago.

£5.5 million plus signing on fee, plus agents fees, plus all his future wages locked safely away in the bank etc. Wonder what all that adds up to?

Or did we not do that before this summer? :iamatwat:

Guest Antec

Yes, we're making a loss every season, but that doesn't mean we can't spend anything. A business can run in the red for a long time, increasing its debt to keep going. Otherwise we (and almost every other club) would have gone bust ages ago.

So once again, where did the money come from? I suspect you know the answer but yet again you're squirming around the issue

So once again, where did the money come from? I suspect you know the answer but yet again you're squirming around the issue

II wouldn't be surprised if the £5.5m that the club spent has since come out of the Carroll money.

Guest Antec

II wouldn't be surprised if the £5.5m that the club spent has since come out of the Carroll money.

Of course it has, money that we weren't even certain to be getting, unless of course we knew full well Carroll was to be sold

Of course it has, money that we weren't even certain to be getting, unless of course we knew full well Carroll was to be sold

AC was being hawked around certain clubs in Jan, of that I have no doubt.

6 weeks out, bad twist.

Source?

You mean its not been posted in here yet lol when I posed nailed on it will be2 month I thought the 6 week story had hit.

nufcfans NUFCfans

#NUFC midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa is out for 6 weeks, no break says L'Equipe. (via / @MikeToonLewis) > bit.ly/nxbNaz

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110725_084137_ben-arfa-rien-de-casse.html

Ben Arfa, nothing broken

Hit in the left ankle with Newcastle on Wednesday in a friendly in the United States against Sporting Kansas City (0-0), Hatem Ben Arfa, repatriated to England on the field, will not undergo surgery. Its leaders feared that the French midfielder does not switch back on the table, nine months after his double fracture tibia and fibula of the left leg which has denied any official meeting since October 3, 2010. The International (8 caps, 2 goals) has passed examinations which confirmed that nothing had broken. He suffers from a huge breach. The club expects a six-week shutdown will deprive the beginning of the season. The player will make his reeducation in Paris.

Something fishy about the fact that he always needs to go back to France for his injuries. You'd think a simple ankle twist could be dealt with by the club physios.

A simple ankle twist its not 6 weeks out though, however I agree I don't understand the need to be back in France for treatment unless it was the best place in the world to treat this kind of injury.

Something fishy about the fact that he always needs to go back to France for his injuries. You'd think a simple ankle twist could be dealt with by the club physios.

Think someone has made the point that with the first team being in the US and the reserves being in Dutchland, there wont be an awful lot of people kicking around. I'd imagine he'll be back next week with everyone else.

A lot of players usually ask to see their favored doctors when facing a possibly serious injury. They are the ones most familiar with the player's medical history anyway, so it's not a daft petition.

A lot of players usually ask to see their favored doctors when facing a possibly serious injury. They are the ones most familiar with the player's medical history anyway, so it's not a daft petition.

Logical assumption, and probably accurate. Especially if a lot of the medical staff have traveled with the first team and the reserves?

Completely agree, it's not going to help him settle in.