Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Passed a couple of times today when I'd liked him to take it on himself. Still, he didn't see much of the ball and he got the pelanty when he did.

Their legendary center halves were noticeably backing off him too. It all bodes well.

The penalty is obviously fortunate, but he is the type of player (quick feet, slight build, great acceleration) that will get that decision very often. It is simply one of the benefits of having him in the side.

especially against centre-halves who struggle with that sort of thing. pen came from the kind of situation most on here thought would happen today.

He was magical for the first 25 minutes or so, really ran our play, quick sharp passing etc. Dropped off after that and looked a little scared to run with it at times until he won the penalty, which was a shame.

He won't be effective with the amount of hoofing we did today but Pards is a cautious manager and I can see his point in a game like this.

For some reason loved that unecessary go at Rooney.

Yeah same, although was concerned he would go in with a mistimed tackle and get sent off later but in the end it was Jonas who did that. The amount of players we had on bookings i felt it was inevitable someone would get sent off but it was still silly from Jonas

sounded good to me in the first half especially, obviously still finding his feet after the injury and still adapting to the premier league (he did only have a few games before he got injured so not enough time to fully adapt) but the signs are very promising and he'll only get better as the season goes on

Guest VegasToon

He played well.  Lets not forget we just played arguably the two best teams in the Prem.  It is because of his run in the box, we got the penalty and the point.

Quiet today again.

Tbh its taken a defensive mistake & a dodgy penalty for him to have any real involvement in the last two games. He needs to get on the ball far more, he looks classy when hes on it.

I'm sure when we play more possession football he'll see more of it. When we're up against the two top teams who've spent 100's of millions on assembling the world's best stars it's understandable we defend deep and hoof it long.