Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Apparently Pardew's thoughts on Ben Arfa are in the Journal on Monday. Reading between the lines he doesn't feel he works hard enough.

I don't think I've ever looked at HBA and felt he didn't work hard enough on the pitch. I've seen Obertan shy away from challenges though that I would have instantly subbed him off for (most notably last week), let alone be a complete passenger for match after match. If this is really about work ethic, Pardew needs to have a word with himself.

From September:

He likes the group and he trusts us. Now it is a matter of when he is ready. He shows flashes of brilliance in training, but I want him to do it more often before I bring him in.

Realistically, he knows he has got more to do on the training ground.

If Pardew is more impressed by effort than genuine ability then he wants to take a look at me servicing my lass. Casanova I am not but by lordy do I try.

Whilst a gaelic charmer with a 10" knob and immaculate tekkers sulks on the chez longe in the corner of your bedroom

Guest bimpy474

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Just been informed it's Tuesday's Journal for HBA!

Such a big story they're keeping it til Tuesday.

Ahh but Douglas has just said its a good story, not a bad one ;)

We'll not sell him as we won't make a profit at the moment. Although guessing that he is on big wages getting rid of him could be fapworthy anyway if it gets that wage bill down.

Wonder what the board think of it all given Dekka's comments in the gastropub about Hughtons alleged appreciation of HBA.

If Pardew is serious about never playing him on the wing then he's simply not going to be starting that many games IMO, particularly if we buy another striker to partner Ba as was seemingly the plan. I've no doubts whatsoever that when he came here in the first place he was confident he'd be playing every week, otherwise why agree to join a newly-promoted club that many expected to struggle? Worried about this eventually causing problems within the camp. :undecided:

I wonder if Pardew is doing with Ben Arfa, what he did with Tevez and Mascherano at West Ham. Worrying, if so.

Not sure I understand, those two were forced upon him (still doesn't excuse him not playing them but the situation was different). Ben Arfa was already here so if he is going to randomly leave him out why not someone like Tiote too? ???

Guest VaVaVoom

If Pardew is serious about never playing him on the wing then he's simply not going to be starting that many games IMO, particularly if we buy another striker to partner Ba as was seemingly the plan. I've no doubts whatsoever that when he came here in the first place he was confident he'd be playing every week, otherwise why agree to join a newly-promoted club that many expected to struggle? Worried about this eventually causing problems within the camp. :undecided:

Yup.

and what was he doing with Tevez and Mascherano? I know he didn't play them but I don't know his reasons.

Benched them and basically used them as scapegoats even though the rest of the West Ham squad thought they were world class players.

It seems we could be witnessing similar scenes, as it seems Pardew doesn't accept quality players who have a bit of an ego.

thats why i've always had my doubts over playing 2 up front. always thought it would be ba (suspect knees) or other (maiga type), ben arfa,marveaux then midfield.