Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

and what was he doing with Tevez and Mascherano? I know he didn't play them but I don't know his reasons.

Benched them and basically used them as scapegoats even though the rest of the West Ham squad thought they were world class players.

It seems we could be witnessing similar scenes, as it seems Pardew doesn't accept quality players who have a bit of an ego.

Makes you wonder why he signed him then, or why we are apparently targetting Maiga.

I have probably missed something really obvious but is Masc someone known for having a bit of an ego? :dontknow:

He's a bit of cunt but like Tevez usually knuckles down on the field.

I'd say to be fair to Pardew it is more than normal for South American players coming direct to England tend to be eased in slowly as it's a steep learning curve and a massively different style (especially given that they came from Corinthians in Brazial) but when the other option was Hayden Mullins :dontknow:

and what was he doing with Tevez and Mascherano? I know he didn't play them but I don't know his reasons.

Benched them and basically used them as scapegoats even though the rest of the West Ham squad thought they were world class players.

It seems we could be witnessing similar scenes, as it seems Pardew doesn't accept quality players who have a bit of an ego.

Makes you wonder why he signed him then, or why we are apparently targetting Maiga.

I have probably missed something really obvious but is Masc someone known for having a bit of an ego? :dontknow:

He's a very fiesty character who wouldn't be shy about voicing an opinion.

Same really, I thought we were pretty good up front today with Ba and Best. As I said, if Ben Arfa isn't going to play on the wing I'm concerned he won't be playing much. And for the record, obviously I'm by no means saying we should play him just to keep him happy irrespective of how he performs in training or matches etc. Just thinking about RKO's post, which probably isn't as far-fetched a scenario as it seems.

Same really, I thought we were pretty good up front today with Ba and Best. As I said, if Ben Arfa isn't going to play on the wing I'm concerned he won't be playing much. And for the record, obviously I'm by no means saying we should play him just to keep him happy irrespective of how he performs in training or matches etc. Just thinking about RKO's post, which probably isn't as far-fetched a scenario as it seems.

thought best was poor today.

In fairness to Pardew, the injury to Ben Arfa in America probably fucked over his plans completely. By the time he was fit again, we'd been doing great with a conventional 4-4-2.

:thup:

Pardew certainly seems a little nervous about changing things that seem to be working (see Ryan Taylor being selected ahead of Santon).

To be fair we were doing very well until that trio of really tough games, that along with injuries has really put a dent in our form but I can't blame Pardew too much for sticking by players who managed to get us off to a fantastic start to the season. I would definitely keep Santon in as the defence has been disrupted now anyway.

I have no idea how Ben Arfa would do on the right and to be honest after today It's obvious I see something completely different from Obertan than 99% of the board so am not confident enough to say Ben Arfa should definitely take his place.

Well let's say we got this Maiga chap. Ignoring the ACoN, do you really believe it would have been just him or Ba alongside HBA with the other on the bench? No chance IMO.

In fairness to Pardew, the injury to Ben Arfa in America probably fucked over his plans completely. By the time he was fit again, we'd been doing great with a conventional 4-4-2.

:thup:

Pardew certainly seems a little nervous about changing things that seem to be working (see Ryan Taylor being selected ahead of Santon).

To be fair we were doing very well until that trio of really tough games, that along with injuries has really put a dent in our form but I can't blame Pardew too much for sticking by players who managed to get us off to a fantastic start to the season. I would definitely keep Santon in as the defence has been disrupted now anyway.

I have no idea how Ben Arfa would do on the right and to be honest after today It's obvious I see something completely different from Obertan than 99% of the board so am not confident enough to say Ben Arfa should definitely take his place.

What do you mean?

Apparently Pardew's thoughts on Ben Arfa are in the Journal on Monday. Reading between the lines he doesn't feel he works hard enough.

That's odd considering that there was a story in the French press about a couple of months ago saying that Ben Arfa stays behind after training to work on his fitness. :undecided:

I'm under the impression that the lad really wants to play plus he should have that incentive of trying to make the Euro 2012 French squad (probably an outside chance admittedly). Hopefully we'll see him on Wednesday.

I don't think he did too bad, like everyone else he fell away in the second half but in the first half he put a number of dangerous balls into the box where we could have scored. He does fanny about too much, does waste chances but I don't think he is as bad as others seem to.

Well let's say we got this Maiga chap. Ignoring the ACoN, do you really believe it would have been just him or Ba alongside HBA with the other on the bench? No chance IMO.

no, one of them with ben arfa and marveaux behind them (unlikely i grant you)

Absolutely no chance Ashley would sanction a ~£7m signing as a player for rotation if you ask me. He'd have to be a starter, as is Ba.

Absolutely no chance Ashley would sanction a ~£7m signing as a player for rotation if you ask me. He'd have to be a starter, as is Ba.

santon is less than that at the mo........anyway it's what i see as best use of our resources.

Some pretty expensive players have been benched under this regime - even now HBA and Santon.  I'd say that the manager is given a (limited) budget and then has autonomy to operate within that

That's the point though, neither were signed as rotation/squad players. I just can't see the club coughing up circa £7m (the second highest fee they'd ever paid for a player) with Pardew going 'yeah it's going to be great, in my ideal lineup he or Ba will be on the bench'.

This is not even one of those talent vs work rate argument. Admittedly HBA does lose the ball a few times but when he does he really works hard to get it back and is not one to bottle a tackle. HBA isn't one of those aloof strikers who just wait up the pitch for the ball to come to him, he gets involve and is dam passionate about the team (running back to warn cunt Rooney when he whacked Colo). If the argument is that he has to play in the hole behind two strikers, then seriously how many games are we gonna play with that formation???

The thing with creative players like HBA, the more they don't play, the more they will want to prove themselves and take risks which of course will result in him losing the ball more often. This was a good game to be comfortable with basic play whilst taking some risk that would have likely came off, so AP decision not to play him is fucked up in more ways than one!

Just start him on the wing already. Big fan of Jonas but he isn't better than Ben Arfa (defensive contributions aside) and might benefit from some rest anyway.

(Obertan is going to start every game he's fit for, no point arguing the obvious)

Slightly off topic,but for all Ashleys faults I don't imagine he has any influence over who plays. Managers either get the funds or they don't,who plays is up to them imo

Anyway,I thought Best did well yesterday but the real sickener was seeing Sammy and Vuckic come on instead of HBA,no reason for that at all.