Aston Villa appoint Alex McLeish as new manager

Fenham Mag

Sounds like a bad do for both Villa and O'Neill. I can't see a bigger club opting for O'Neill now, so it's either a sideways move or retirement. Villa look like a club and a side that have peaked, and they don't look an attractive proposition for anyone who wants to preserve their reputation.

Its good to know its not just our mong fans that SSN focus on (or try to make out as mongs). In reading out Villa fans' emails, they read one that wanted "Phil Brown as he is a proven manager".

:mackems:

Probably a Birmingham fan that sent that or something...

Bob Bradley and Sven the early favourites.

Not sure if I rate Bob Bradley or not yet. He did wonders with USA, but was that more to do with him tapping into Patriotic Pride over ability? I honestly have no idea, know very little of his work. Though he does seem to be one of the most succesful coaches domestically and internationally for the US.

Yanks are obsessed with tactics, though. Especially on the coahcing side of things. I'm amazed there's been very little American managers coming to try their ability in Europe, and would love to see how Bradley would do at Villa out of sheer curiosity how the tactical approach from the Yanks would work in the big leagues.

Can't say I've ever been inspired by any tactical insight from an American coach yet (MLS or International football).

The good tacticians are usually stuck managing college sides for some reason.

wtf is with this Bob Bradley shit, why not the New Zealand guy aswell.  :lol: He's done nowt to get a Premiership job.

Hughton, Southgate, Shearer some baffling names mentioned.

wtf is with this Bob Bradley s***, why not the New Zealand guy aswell.  :lol: He's done nowt to get a Premiership job.

He's American and probably got links with Lerner

wtf is with this Bob Bradley s***, why not the New Zealand guy aswell.  :lol: He's done nowt to get a Premiership job.

He's American and probably got links with Lerner

I've seen his name come up for other jobs though. Fulham IIRC