Aston Villa appoint Alex McLeish as new manager

Fenham Mag

LMA backing muck leech saying his position was untenable and had every right to walk away. Guess it's going to be a Keegan saga for them, can see it ending up the same way in favour of the manager due to deals above his head and disastrous communication.

SkyNewsBreak Sky News Newsdesk

Birmingham City to lodge formal complaint over alleged "tapping up" of manager Alex McLeish by Aston Villa

Handbags at dawn :lol:

SkyNewsBreak Sky News Newsdesk

Birmingham City to lodge formal complaint over alleged "tapping up" of manager Alex McLeish by Aston Villa

Handbags at dawn :lol:

Turning into such a farce :mackems:

Genuine question: Can Birmingham claim Villa have breached Premier League rules (forbidding any club from poaching another PL club's manager) when they aren't in the PL any more? ???

They've gone down and are now a Football League club so the rules don't apply surely?

Genuine question: Can Birmingham claim Villa have breached Premier League rules (forbidding any club from poaching another PL club's manager) when they aren't in the PL any more? ???

They've gone down and are now a Football League club so the rules don't apply surely?

Good question. When does jurisdiction switch from one governing body to the other?

Is it just PL like? Is there not some tapping up thing in place for all leagues?

If it applied to all 92 clubs they'd never be able to appoint anyone surely? It would be chaos. :lol:

I thought it was a rule for PL clubs only but could be wrong like?

Is it just PL like? Is there not some tapping up thing in place for all leagues?

If it applied to all 92 clubs they'd never be able to appoint anyone surely? It would be chaos. :lol:

I thought it was a rule for PL clubs only but could be wrong like?

You could go through the proper channels? Permission from the club etc.

Am I missing something? :lol: I think I am.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3638034/Charles-Krulak-tells-Aston-Villa-fans-to-butt-out-of-their-hunt-for-a-new-manager.html

ASTON VILLA director Charles Krulak has told the club's fans to butt out of the appointment of a new manager.

The American reacted to the flood of anti-Alex McLeish messages to the club.

Krulak said: "The uproar over McLeish is uncalled for.

"He has proved he can manage in the big leagues - just imagine what he could do if he was with an owner who supported him."

In a message to Villa fans, he said: "You cling to the fact he's seen his lads relegated twice. Well, the first time he was not with the club long enough to make a difference. Secondly, look at the owners he's worked for and support of him monetarily.

"Then look at our owner Randy Lerner and what he provides to his managers.

"Ask Alex Ferguson about the man. We need to do what is right for the club."

That's him who posts on the forums isn't it? :laugh:

This is absolutely hilarious  ;D To see Villa and Sunderland fall apart at the same time is just......it's just too much. I'm completely overwhelmed  :dance:

By the way, if they had second thoughts on McClaren due to the reaction amongst Villa fans, why are they persisting with McLeish?