Aston Villa appoint Alex McLeish as new manager

Fenham Mag

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6991787,00.html

Villa set to appoint McLeish

Sky Sports News understands Aston Villa will confirm the appointment of Alex McLeish as their new manager in the next 24 hours.

Anyone who thinks there is any truth in this story is off their fucking heads.

There's more chance of me being appointed.

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/15/captureijg.jpg

When do you start?

Pretty poor from the Chairman if he goes ahead with this like, in the face of this much opposition. Players will feed off fan negativity when things don't go well and it all goes downhill from there.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6991787,00.html

Villa set to appoint McLeish

Sky Sports News understands Aston Villa will confirm the appointment of Alex McLeish as their new manager in the next 24 hours.

Anyone who thinks there is any truth in this story is off their fucking heads.

There's more chance of me being appointed.

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/15/captureijg.jpg

When do you start?

Poor Brummie, I fear we may have seen the last of him, well at least until we royally screw up somewhere in the window - but this will take some beating

Oh Randy!

You came and you gave us a bluenose,

Why are you acting this way

Oh, Randy!

You made me so mad I'm still shaking...

Little work and they could have something better to sing on those steps.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's not that bad a manager to be honest. He took Birmingham up, kept them up last season quite impressively and won them a trophy and signed some good players. He also got the best out of some past it players like Carr and Bowyer for example. He'll keep Villa comfortably mid-table which they have to accept is possibly where they are at and will be for a good number of years. I also think perhaps he's being hired to bring a bit of mid-table stability during a cost cutting time at Villa who have spent a lot of money over the years with little return.

He's not that bad a manager to be honest. He took Birmingham up, kept them up last season quite impressively and won them a trophy and signed some good players. He also got the best out of some past it players like Carr and Bowyer for example. He'll keep Villa comfortably mid-table which they have to accept is possibly where they are at and will be for a good number of years. I also think perhaps he's being hired to bring a bit of mid-table stability during a cost cutting time at Villa who have spent a lot of money over the years with little return.

Sounds about right, also sounds like where sunderland are right now after living beyond their means for a couple of seasons.

Guest Chubby Jason

He's a decent manager but it's just a crazy appointment considering how he finished last season with their biggest rivals. There are so many better candidates out there they could have gone for, it's nuts.

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way Forest have appointed a good manager in McLaren who I'd have at Newcastle ahead of Pardew any day of the week. He did wonder at Boro and FC Twente. England wasn't for him and he needed more time in Germany. They've basically hired a Premier League manager. That division should be an interesting one next season with Big Sam there as well.

Guest Chubby Jason

McClaren is just average, his inadequacies were magnified when he was in the England job.

Watching the footage of protesting Villa fans.

Have you ever noticed Brummies' voices sound depressed whether they're happy or sad?

Aye if you heard Nigel Mansell after a win.

Managers are often judged on where their club has finished in the previous season, and the details of their overall record can get overlooked. That's what those Villa supporters are doing.

Villa look like a busted flush to me. They've invested a lot in players and it hasn't come off. McLeish will have a tough job persuading his best players that they're still on the way up.

Guest Chubby Jason

Bent should have stuck around and waited for a better club to come in for him. It looks like he's joined a sinking ship at the peak of his powers.

Guest WashyGeordie

Quick edit.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8094/messiahvilla.png

Couldn't really be arsed with the specifics.