Leon Best

Leazes1986

I can't quite believe the fall off he has had? Heard a few managers compliment his attitude at training and that he is in great shape. Yet he has struggled massively?  He did well for us in the Prem I thought, even though he was far from prolific.

Seems like he went to Blackburn, got a big contract and then fell out with the manager.  He's barely scored since leaving us and has had quite a few different clubs.

I liked him for his attitude tbh, he seemed really chuffed to be here even if he wasn't top level. I don't know what he's done since, but he did well for us and that's all I'm bothered about. Never hid and knew where the goal was.

We were rarely battered or he was?  We took some right hammerings in those seasons, if memory serves?

Rarely battered means 5th. It's thinly veiled pro-Pardew bollocks, yet again.

Aye.  I thought as much.  I was at Fulham away, when we lost 5-2.  1-0 up at half time.  Then had no idea what to do when Fulham changed up their gameplan.

4-0 away to Wigan.  3-0 at home to Chelsea.  Won most of our games by the odd goal and ended up with a s*** goal difference.  That's just the 5th placed season.  I've erased the rest of Pardew's time from my memory.

TCD is a closet Palace fan.  He can't hide it any more.

We were rarely battered or he was?  We took some right hammerings in those seasons, if memory serves?

Aye.  I thought as much.  I was at Fulham away, when we lost 5-2.  1-0 up at half time.  Then had no idea what to do when Fulham changed up their gameplan.

4-0 away to Wigan.  3-0 at home to Chelsea.  Won most of our games by the odd goal and ended up with a s*** goal difference.  That's just the 5th placed season.  I've erased the rest of Pardew's time from my memory.

I don't even know why he bothers, if he's not constantly reminding us of where they are in the table, he's predicting Palace to be the next London super club.

I had erased the Fulham game from my mind. We actually played really well for 45 minutes.

Those 2 seasons where much better than the following two which is my point.  Didn't lose to the Mackems if memory serves, including the 6-2. The 4-4. Man Utd 3-0. Beating Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Beat West Ham 5-0. A much more positive time for the club and Best was here through that period.

Those following 2 seasons include long losing streaks and getting battered by 4+ on a semi regular basis. And losing consistently to Sunderland.

Stoke 0-4, Liverpool 0-3, Chelsea 0-3, Fulham 2-5, Spurs 0-5, Wigan 0-4.

Also got smashed at Norwich 2-4.

To put that into context, that's 6 games over 18 months when we were beaten by 3 goals or more, so an average of 4 times per season.

Between 1993 and Pardew's arrival that had only happened 35 times, so you're talking an average of twice a season.

And that was in his honeymoon period before hammerings begun occurring once or twice a month.

So aye, get to fuck.

When did we beat Arsenal?  11-12 and 12-13 we certainly didn't.  I remember the 7-3 loss pretty well, mind.....

What's this 6-2 you speak of as well?  DO you mean the the 5-1?  Careful now.  That was when Hughton was manager and it was the year before. 

You've confused yourself.  You've confused me as well. 

When did we beat Arsenal?  11-12 and 12-13 we certainly didn't.  I remember the 7-3 loss pretty well, mind.....

What's this 6-2 you speak of as well?  DO you mean the the 5-1?  Careful now.  That was when Hughton was manager and it was the year before. 

Yes the 5-1.

It's hilarious, I never mentioned Pardew. Just two seasons of which you seem to be confused. It wasn't the year before, Hughton was sacked 2/3 months after the 5-1 result. Likewise we beat Arsenal 1-0 with a Carroll header. I'm referring to 10/11 (11th, Hughton & Pardew early days) & 11/12 (5th)

By the time of the 7-3 Best had left.

You can nitpick all you like. 10/11 to 11/12 we seemed to have a decent team and the spirit on the forum was much better. We had a solid first year in the PL, never flirted with relegation. Then almost qualified for the CL the next season. Leon Best was a good squad member of that team. Since then, we've had horrendous runs of form or flirted with relegation in every season. I know when people see my name they want to disagree but this is all facts.

Yes the 5-1.

It's hilarious, I never mentioned Pardew. Just two seasons of which you seem to be confused. It wasn't the year before, Hughton was sacked 2/3 months after the 5-1 result. Likewise we beat Arsenal 1-0 with a Carroll header. I'm referring to 10/11 (11th, Hughton & Pardew early days) & 11/12 (5th)

By the time of the 7-3 Best had left.

You can nitpick all you like. 10/11 to 11/12 we seemed to have a decent team and the spirit on the forum was much better. We had a solid first year in the PL, never flirted with relegation. Then almost qualified for the CL the next season. Leon Best was a good squad member of that team. Since then, we've had horrendous runs of form or flirted with relegation in every season. I know when people see my name they want to disagree but this is all facts.

2/3 months? Nah, try six weeks tops. We beat the Mackems on Halloween and he was sacked 7th December. Over stating something to make your point seem reasonable just for a change?

Leon Best was a poor footballer who had one or two good games for us.  He wasn't good enough and I was glad that we got rid of him, the fact that we kept Shola doesn't change that as he should have also been peddled long before he was.

Leon Best was a poor footballer who had one or two good games for us.  He wasn't good enough and I was glad that we got rid of him, the fact that we kept Shola doesn't change that as he should have also been peddled long before he was.

One or two? Give over.