Leon Best

Leazes1986

Was very good yesterday, and for the first time ever looked like a decent footballer. Was able to beat his man for the first time and tried to play some good balls.

Got nothing bad to say about him for once. Hope he keeps on improving as it will prove that maybe we won't need to spend huge money on two strikers and only one.

However, damn I'd look to bring Sturridge in, looked like a really good footballer yesterday.

It's happened a few times to be fair, since the West Ham game.

Wasn't at the West Ham game, can imagine why they sang his praises, but can't remember any chants for him against Spuds or Arsenal?

Maybe not massive one but I've heard a few chants for him.  Arsenal game I think, pretty much all the ones he's scored in I guess.

LEON BEST IS RIGHT FOOTED.

ffs.

Wrong. He is a natural lefty, but is capable of hitting it well with right as well. A natural right footed player wouldn't make the 3 against West Ham the way he did with his left if he was a righty. Specially the last one...

He's really growing on me as a player. And all the knocks he keeps getting is pure overload of his body after all those injuries. It will get better, so will his finishing as he keeps getting reps in the starting lineup. Maybe he can fullfill his raw talent from the Southampton/Notts County days in Newcastle. Sure hope so..

A player like Christian Eriksen is a natural righty but is able to hit it almost as well with his left. Same goes for Best - just the other way around.

ffs.

Wrong. He is a natural lefty, but is capable of hitting it well with right as well. A natural right footed player wouldn't make the 3 against West Ham the way he did with his left if he was a righty. Specially the last one...

He's really growing on me as a player. And all the knocks he keeps getting is pure overload of his body after all those injuries. It will get better, so will his finishing as he keeps getting reps in the starting lineup. Maybe he can fullfill his raw talent from the Southampton/Notts County days in Newcastle. Sure hope so..

He is right footed man.

Guest palnese

ffs.

I could have scored all three and I'm right footed. It means nowt. He's right footed.

ffs.

FFS! He's right footed. He ushers the ball with his right foot. The big advantage with being two footed, is that you're able to shoot early, regardless of which foot the ball lands on. Thus you save time and avoid being closed down. IE if the ball lands on Best's left foot, he shoots with his left, and if the ball lands on his right, he shoots with that one. Van Persie on the other hand has to switch the ball over to his favorable left foot if it lands on his right.

And that's precisely why Best finished all goals against WH with his left. In all three situations, the ball landed on his left, and that's why he finished with that foot. At least one of those goals could have been saved if he had switched over to his right.

I actually speak of experience. The only strength I have on the pitch is that I'm two footed. In other words, to avoid being closed down, I shoot with the foot the ball lands on..