Leon Best

Leazes1986

This is not good news and anyone saying it's a blessing in disguise wants to have a word.

Spot on, this is fucking terrible news in all honesty, he's not the greatest player but its yet another body who cant play.

Maybe this could convince us to up our bid for Erding, but it probably wont....

How would we get Bellamy though? Theres quite a few stumbling blocks. His age, transfer or loan fee and his big wages being the main ones. I don't see how we would overcome them with Ashley like. Also, something tells me Hughton wouldn't quite fancy having someone like Bellamy around the place. I hope I'm totally wrong though, a fit Bellamy would keep us up.

if he's prepared to retire, then money isn't a problem in regards to wages.

transfer would cost 5-7M for me, certainly achieveable if breaking our budget a little

Problem is that we would be paying 5-7 MIO to a player who is at the end of his career and probably won't play another 3 years, though.

how won't he play another 3 years, he look's fitter than ever

He's talking about retirment now. He's 31. And he's a bit injury prone.

This is not good news and anyone saying it's a blessing in disguise wants to have a word.

so we're you expecting him to score 20 goals next season then

can you f***ing learn how to use "were" and "we're" man?  you f*** it up in every post :lol:

You forgot the full stop at the end mrmojorisin75. :lol:

Guest neesy111

How would we get Bellamy though? Theres quite a few stumbling blocks. His age, transfer or loan fee and his big wages being the main ones. I don't see how we would overcome them with Ashley like. Also, something tells me Hughton wouldn't quite fancy having someone like Bellamy around the place. I hope I'm totally wrong though, a fit Bellamy would keep us up.

transfer would cost 5-7M for me, certainly achieveable if breaking our budget a little

Problem is that we would be paying 5-7 MIO to a player who is at the end of his career and probably won't play another 3 years, though.

yeah, retiring due to non-inury's though, he's fed-up with city and mancini.

i wouldn't say he's injury prone, he hasn't had a major injury since 2007.

Guest Roger Kint

Bellas' knee is shot though isnt it sure he said as much last summer? Its never going to happen regardless of how many times it is discussed on here, realistically its a total non starter.

yeah, retiring due to non-inury's though, he's fed-up with city and mancini.

i wouldn't say he's injury prone, he hasn't had a major injury since 2007.

Ok, that sounds better than.

He would be great player for us, anyway. But I doubt it'll happen.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

All this means is Xisco fourth rather than fifth choice, and possibly Ranger being blocked from going on loan.

:thup:

Thought Harewood was at Blackpool?

Apparently they've been outbid by Huddersfield for him :lol:

I'll fucking fume if we bring Harewood back.

Huddersfield, fucking hell. Surely he won't go there.

All this means is Xisco fourth rather than fifth choice, and possibly Ranger being blocked from going on loan.

:thup:

From what I've seen, Best doesn't offer us anything that we haven't already got with Shola and Carroll.

If it now means that Ranger can't go out on loan, then I'd promote him to the bench instead of Xisco. If he's going to be at the club, it's better for his development that he's involved with the first team.

Pretty clear people are 'celebrating' cos it means there's a greater chance of us signing another striker. If we don't then it's fairly s*** news.

Fair do mate but I wouldn't be confident with the current regime!

Guest BooBoo

Exactly, there's every chance that Ashley will just say "well we have Xisco back so he can replace Best in the squad".

No matter what their ability, folk being pleased one our players is injured is just not on.