Leon Best

Leazes1986

MIDDLESBROUGH are bidding to sign Newcastle striker Leon Best on a season-long loan deal.

Best almost signed for Gordon Strachan in January, only for a last-gasp call from Chris Hughton to take him to St James' Park instead.

Since the,n Best has struggled for opportunities at St James' Park and the signing of Hatem Ben Arfa has further pushed him down the pecking order.

Hughton has the in-form Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan, Shola Ameobi and Ben Arfa to get the goals to keep the Toon in the Premier League.

Boro need a goalscorer to kick-start their campaign and Strachan dropped summer signing Kris Boyd for the dramatic late win over Burnley.

He wants more firepower and knows Best well, having worked with him when he was a junior at Coventry.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/977844/BORO-BIDDING-FOR-BEST.html

I think we need to wait & see a bit more of Ben Arfa before deciding whether he offers more than Best.

MIDDLESBROUGH are bidding to sign Newcastle striker Leon Best on a season-long loan deal.

Best almost signed for Gordon Strachan in January, only for a last-gasp call from Chris Hughton to take him to St James' Park instead.

Since the,n Best has struggled for opportunities at St James' Park and the signing of Hatem Ben Arfa has further pushed him down the pecking order.

Hughton has the in-form Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan, Shola Ameobi and Ben Arfa to get the goals to keep the Toon in the Premier League.

Boro need a goalscorer to kick-start their campaign and Strachan dropped summer signing Kris Boyd for the dramatic late win over Burnley.

He wants more firepower and knows Best well, having worked with him when he was a junior at Coventry.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/977844/BORO-BIDDING-FOR-BEST.html

I think we need to wait & see a bit more of Ben Arfa before deciding whether he offers more than Best.

He already did more..i'd honestly rather  play Xisco than Best.

I can completely see the thinking behind giving players a fair crack of the whip, giving them time, etc (even if they're complete and utter wank (like Best))... but seriously? Ben Arfa is quite clearly a brilliant player. Best's rubbish. One of, if not the, worst striker i've ever seen play for us. Ben Arfa's goal today skyrockets him well beyond anything that guy has ever done.

Get him out on loan avec an option to buy. Great deal. :thup:

Are we getting players mixed up here, or something? We're talking about Best - the guy who had about three shots in half a season in the Championship for us, right? Scored 2 goals in 31 appearances the year before.....

Are we getting players mixed up here, or something? We're talking about Best - the guy who had about three shots in half a season in the Championship for us, right? Scored 2 goals in 31 appearances the year before.....

You're taking the piss now. Fuck off.