Egidio Arévalo

Optimistic Nut

Him + HBA would make our midfield look twice that of what it was 2 seasons ago.

So would Robbie Savage and Steven Reid, in fairness.

Fair do's haha.

-------Arevalo------------

----------------Barton-----

Routledge--HBA--Jonas

------------Carroll---------

Not to bad. The pessimist inside me says one of them if not both of them won't happen like.

Him + HBA would make our midfield look twice that of what it was 2 seasons ago.

So would Robbie Savage and Steven Reid, in fairness.

Fair do's haha.

-------Arevalo------------

----------------Barton-----

Routledge--HBA--Jonas

------------Carroll---------

Not to bad. The pessimist inside me says one of them if not both of them won't happen like.

Actually pretty tasty for home games. If we had anyone decent to play RB we would look alright at full strength.

Still think we are after another right winger cum striker. I hope so anyway, don't really want to see Raylor, Barton or Guthrie out there if Wayne is injured or otherwise.

Possible Hughton fancies Gosling out there, god knows where he would fit into the centre if we get Arevalo.    Arevalo, Barton, Guthrie, Gosling, Nolan, Smith, Vuckic all fighting for two positions..

Pretty sure Clarence Acuna was around the same age, mid 20s at least, when we got him and he did a sound job.

Acuna was very underrated.

Totally agree with that Mick - never understood why he was sold, played out of his skin against the Arsenal

midfield in one game I remember.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If I remember correctly they allowed him to return him because his Father was will, though I think they were ready to let him go anyway. He was always using the Internet Cafe in Virgin Megastore.

Pretty sure Clarence Acuna was around the same age, mid 20s at least, when we got him and he did a sound job.

Totally agree with that Mick - never understood why he was sold, played out of his skin against the Arsenal

vaguely remember it being something to do with being closer to his family.

Agreed though. Acuna was a cracking signing at only 700k.........came from the Chilean league and did a very good job here.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2v0hlxi.jpg

Wasn't it Acuna and Mclen, and they totally dominated Arsenal's midfield that day

If I remember correctly they allowed him to return him because his Father was will, though I think they were ready to let him go anyway. He was always using the Internet Cafe in Virgin Megastore.

If I remember right Acuna's mum was dying of cancer, and Sir Bobby told him to go home.

BUt Obichriskinobi reckons its his father Will that was ill  :tumbleweed:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If I remember right Acuna's mum was dying of cancer, and Sir Bobby told him to go home.

Could have been his Mother, honestly can't remember, just remember it was so he could return home to his family. Hopefully whatever the issue was it allowed him to get some comfort.

Guest neesy111

Patrick Viera said the hardest opponent he's faced was acuna

good player, better than any of our current CM's by a mile, could do a job box-to-box as well

Guest neesy111

Could have been his Mother, honestly can't remember, just remember it was so he could return home to his family. Hopefully whatever the issue was it allowed him to get some comfort.

sure it was his mother, used to see him a few times since he lived down washington, used to go to the ranch as well lol

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Had that great knack of scoring goals when it mattered. Didn't score often, but they always came up when you needed them.

Guest neesy111

Had that great knack of scoring goals when it mattered. Didn't score often, but they always came up when you needed them.

always remember the one he scored v leeds when we won 3-1, out-muscled 2 of their defenders to lob it over the keeper  :aww: