Manchester Utd 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 16/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Guest palnese

WE support, we support our local team!  :clap2: :clap2:

A great chant last night.

But it was bettered by USA USA USA  :D

Would be even better if our away fans could come up with something new O0

Man Utd-style.

Guest neesy111

The mackems can't be objective about anything.

They reckon Jonas is the worst player in the league and we look like their 15 point team.

The difference in the North East is Darren Bent, simple as that.

They struggled to beat Birmingham at home and only scored because of an own goal and a mistakenly given penalty. I think we did ok last night given the circumstances. Every single member of Man United's bench would comfortably break our first team and If we play the way we did last night against 6-7 teams in the league it will be enough.

i won't disagree with them on that point

They reckon Jonas is the worst player in the league and we look like their 15 point team.

They struggled to beat Birmingham at home and only scored because of an own goal and a mistakenly given penalty. I think we did ok last night given the circumstances. Every single member of Man United's bench would comfortably break our first team and If we play the way we did last night against 6-7 teams in the league it will be enough.

Reactionary bullshit.

He's not even the worst player in our squad.

From that article:

The gradual decline in pressure on Scholes was replicated elsewhere on the pitch, as Newcastle seemed to tire extremely quickly. This was evident both when defending and attacking – when without the ball they were slower to close down and sloppier in their defensive positioning, and when they looked to build attacks, the likes of Carroll and Barton both charged forward to find the rest of their teammates simply trying to catch their breath.

:facepalm:

Guest andrew

We did well to not get completely destroyed- my ratings:

Harper 5-

Perch-4-

Williamson- 6.5

Coloccini 6

Jose 6

Routledge 6

Smith 5

Barton 4

Guti 4

Nolan 3

Carroll 6

Carroll played very well, but had such a hard job on his own up front.

Perch looks lightning quick so he might turn out to be a decent defender. The problem is he offers fuck all going forwards, and with our static midfield that just compounds the problem.

Apologies if this has been posted but here's Zonal Marking's review of the game, it's largely about Man United and Scholes, but a few observations about us http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/08/16/manchester-united-3-0-newcastle-scholes/

I'm trying to do a bit of Zonal Marking style analysis of the Newcastle games this season myself: www.eintrachtnewcastle.wordpress.com . If anyone has any comments I'd be interested to hear them, there's a bit of room for improvement.

Perch looks lightning quick so he might turn out to be a decent defender.

That's the second time i've read that. And the second time you've posted it.

I thought I mentioned it previously. Did it make more sense second time round? :lol:

Harper 5 - Could've done slightly better for the first and much better for the third.

Perch 4 - Shocking the the first half, slightly better in the second.

Williamson 7 - Our MOTM. Had Rooney's number.

Colo 6 - Reading the game better than he did in his last stint in the top flight but made it slightly too easy for Fletcher to turn and shoot for the second.

Jose 6 - Had a good battle with Valencia, dropped a bollock for the third.

Routledge 5 - Went down too easily, too often. Always tried to do more than he needed.

Smith 4 - Shit.

Barton 4 - Shit.

Jonas 5 - Doesn't look fully match fit yet. Beat their fullback a few times though but his final ball was surprise, surprise, lacking.

Nolan 4 - Shit.

Carroll 6 - Chased his own flick ons all day long, looks like a better player on the ball than I gave him credit for. Needs a partner.

Our right side looked very weak last night. Although I thought Routledge looked quite exciting at times in the first half

Aye I thought that, he should of been helping Perch out a bit more though at the back, he was obviously struggling big time.