Manchester Utd 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 16/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Harper 5 - Could've done slightly better for the first and much better for the third.

Perch 4 - Shocking the the first half, slightly better in the second.

Williamson 7 - Our MOTM. Had Rooney's number.

Colo 6 - Reading the game better than he did in his last stint in the top flight but made it slightly too easy for Fletcher to turn and shoot for the second.

Jose 6 - Had a good battle with Valencia, dropped a bollock for the third.

Routledge 5 - Went down too easily, too often. Always tried to do more than he needed.

Smith 4 - Shit.

Barton 4 - Shit.

Jonas 5 - Doesn't look fully match fit yet. Beat their fullback a few times though but his final ball was surprise, surprise, lacking.

Nolan 4 - Shit.

Carroll 6 - Chased his own flick ons all day long, looks like a better player on the ball than I gave him credit for. Needs a partner.

Spot on.

I might have chanced a 7 for Carroll, but otherwise I'm with yow.

No. Pace doesn't make a defender. If physical attributes were more important than brains, Bramble would be one of the best defenders in the world.

Point taken. But maybe it's a bit early to write him off just yet. I can remember everyone was slating Enrique when he first played for us and he's probably our best player now.

No. Pace doesn't make a defender. If physical attributes were more important than brains, Bramble would be one of the best defenders in the world.

Point taken. But maybe it's a bit early to write him off just yet. I can remember everyone was slating Enrique when he first played for us and he's probably our best player now.

Enrique didn't look as poor as Perch does at the moment iirc.

Speaking of the right side, did anyone else hear the Sky commentator fail miserably in trying to get out of a sticky situation yesterday?

Routledge was on the ball and he passed the ball across to Perch.

"It's Perch.....and...er....Perch again..." :lol:

Enrique didn't look as poor as Perch does at the moment iirc.

Well write him off then. I think I'll give it a couple more games though.

Speaking of the right side, did anyone else hear the Sky commentator fail miserably in trying to get out of a sticky situation yesterday?

Routledge was on the ball and he passed the ball across to Perch.

"It's Perch.....and...er....Perch again..." :lol:

That's not as bad as the fucking German commentator, though.  (who obviously was a ManUtd fan)

They had the ball:

"Scholes, Rooney, Scholes, Berbatov..." (and so on)

Whe had the ball:

"Silence... silence... silence... silence... oh, Evra (in the moment they got the ball back".  :lol:  (Tbf, we didn't had the ball that much, but I still noticed it)

My older brother announced proudly before the game that he had Valencia as his FF captain this week.

Had a chuckle when I told him Enrique would keep him quiet.

Back in your box.

Guest Heneage

Valencia is so over-rated, he has one trick come in then burst diagonally to the by line. Scholes was impressive but only because we let him play.

Harper 5- Should have stopped the first and third imo, looks very laboured in goal, and like he knows he can't be dislodged

Perch 4.5- First half was very much "You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy" and he was really s***, second half he picked up a bit. There's potential.

Coloccini 6- Has improved since last time, and I think will be very solid this year, made a great tackle on Rooney when he tried to nutmeg him to go clean through

Williamson 6- I like him a lot, he's proof you don't need pace to defend, reads the game well, and solid in the air I think he will calm Colo down too.

Jose 6- His play out from the back stuff was shown up tonight but still a great defender.

Routledge 5- Infuriating at times with his 'kick and run after it' approach hopefully with more support and attacking minded formations he will flourish.

Barton 5.5- The best centre mid on the pitch, but then that's not really saying much, he's going to be key this season. *Gulp*

Smith 4- Sadly his days were numbered when we got promoted, you need more in this league than an ability to charge people down and give your all to get a starting place.

Nolan 4.5- Honeymoon period, long gone. This isn't Preston away this is the big game, and when he should have stood up to be counted he instead was nowhere to be found. For that reason he's not captain material, I'd rather we gave it to Barton.

Jonas 5- Clearly a bit sluggish, but had moments of good dribbling, it's just that final ball, we know you can do it! Kind of.

Carroll 6.5- As one of his biggest critics I will be first to say, he was fantastic. Doesn't get a 7 because of that header ,but other than that, I get the feeling he's going to be a real handful for teams. We just need a better supporting cast.

Ameobi - Can't remember much.

Xisco 5- Game was long gone, but he looked good cutting inside, and seems more mobile than Shola.

Valencia is not overrated. He's one of the most effective wingers in the world now, regardless of whether you think he's 1 dimensional.

If Enrique can do a number on a player of his standard I think he'll have a good season.

Valencia is so over-rated, he has one trick come in then burst diagonally to the by line. Scholes was impressive but only because we let him play.

Harper 5- Should have stopped the first and third imo, looks very laboured in goal, and like he knows he can't be dislodged

Perch 4.5- First half was very much "You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy" and he was really s***, second half he picked up a bit. There's potential.

Coloccini 6- Has improved since last time, and I think will be very solid this year, made a great tackle on Rooney when he tried to nutmeg him to go clean through

Williamson 6- I like him a lot, he's proof you don't need pace to defend, reads the game well, and solid in the air I think he will calm Colo down too.

Jose 6- His play out from the back stuff was shown up tonight but still a great defender.

Routledge 5- Infuriating at times with his 'kick and run after it' approach hopefully with more support and attacking minded formations he will flourish.

Barton 5.5- The best centre mid on the pitch, but then that's not really saying much, he's going to be key this season. *Gulp*

Smith 4- Sadly his days were numbered when we got promoted, you need more in this league than an ability to charge people down and give your all to get a starting place.

Nolan 4.5- Honeymoon period, long gone. This isn't Preston away this is the big game, and when he should have stood up to be counted he instead was nowhere to be found. For that reason he's not captain material, I'd rather we gave it to Barton.

Jonas 5- Clearly a bit sluggish, but had moments of good dribbling, it's just that final ball, we know you can do it! Kind of.

Carroll 6.5- As one of his biggest critics I will be first to say, he was fantastic. Doesn't get a 7 because of that header ,but other than that, I get the feeling he's going to be a real handful for teams. We just need a better supporting cast.

Ameobi - Can't remember much.

Xisco 5- Game was long gone, but he looked good cutting inside, and seems more mobile than Shola.

Aye, agree with most of that.

Barton was better in possession than the rest of our so called midfielders, but the game mostly passed him by. He was strolling at a gentle pace while Man U players were bombing past him.

Jonas and Routledge were disappointing but it's difficult to know whether it's because they're mediocre players or because there's no midfield support. Probably a bit of both.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Barton was better in possession than the rest of our so called midfielders, but the game mostly passed him by. He was strolling at a gentle pace while Man U players were bombing past him.

Jonas and Routledge were disappointing but it's difficult to know whether it's because they're mediocre players or because there's no midfield support. Probably a bit of both.

I think they could both be effective against some of the bottom tier teams, especially with Routledge's pace

Barton better in possession?! Didn't realise he even had any possession. Was too busy giving it to Man United.

I was talking in relative terms to the rest of his midfield pals. Obviously he was shite by any half decent standard.

Irrelevant but our fans were fucking good last night.

That's not irrelevant at all, it amaze me how 1900 Newcastle fans can sound louder then 72.000+ of the Manu ones.

Of course not all of them Manu fans are shouting at the same time but it was awesome to listen to it on the telly.

:thup:

Even when we were 2-0 down, the away end was still loud which made me happy as i thought it would die down in the second half after we conceded. Also felt proud at the end as "We love Newcastle, we do" was sung for ages as the players applauded.

Irrelevant but our fans were fucking good last night.

That's not irrelevant at all, it amaze me how 1900 Newcastle fans can sound louder then 72.000+ of the Manu ones.

Of course not all of them Manu fans are shouting at the same time but it was awesome to listen to it on the telly.

:thup:

It was class in the pub in London. A load of people in Man Utd gear sitting around, only me and my mate in black and white, but the noise coming out of the TV was brilliant.